• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iceland to get new mosque [W:259]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the Icelanders, who have settled in their country for many centuries, still reading the language of the Vikings, discriminate against Muslims? Why would they have to do any bending, and what 'bending' do you expect them to do?

Who said it was Icelanders I was talking about? :)

How would that be 'abundantly clear"?

Yeah, i thought it was great!

So you think Muslim citizens shouldn't be given equal rights unless another country allows building churches,
and yet seem to think this does not imply that you are against freedom of religion?

What is abundantly clear is that you are a troll.

You seem to have run off with your own narrative, and find it is dull as anyone else.
Are you getting offended?

My own narrative? that is exactly what you have done

Are you getting offended?

Lol, offended by what?

Many mosques and 'learning centers' in the democracies are being financed by Middle East leaders. There might have been money exchanging hands here as well, certainly for the construction of the mosque.

I don't really have a problem with that. My only problem is the government giving free stuff to one religion over all others. I'm thinking there might be more to this story. Are you sure your article is not leaving out some crucial detail?

Oh silly me I thought freedom of religion is a right not a privilege to be bestowed on people who agree with you.

It's certainly a right, but I'll take a relaxed approach to upholding it until Muslims demonstrate a reciprocal concern. I'm agnostic on religion.

If your post is meant to be ironic, am sorry.

I thought it is abundantly clear that you disapprove of Muslim citizens having equal rights, wasn't the point of this thread to protest the building of the mosque?

Also didn't you just like this post?

As already noted, in religion I'm agnostic. I recognize Muslims' right to freedom of religion but I'm not going to expend any effort on their behalf until they demonstrate reciprocal respect for the freedom of religion of others. That's just life. What goes around comes around.:peace

As already noted, in religion I'm agnostic. I recognize Muslims' right to freedom of religion but I'm not going to expend any effort on their behalf until they demonstrate reciprocal respect for the freedom of religion of others. That's just life. What goes around comes around.:peace

I can't actually imagine why a Muslim faction is living in Iceland..and are building a mosque..except for domination reasons!!

I can't actually imagine why a Muslim faction is living in Iceland..and are building a mosque..except for domination reasons!!

What other reason could there possible be?

What other reason could there possible be?

Hi Grant..If you are American..can you tell me if a Mosque was built in NY....next to the 9/11 site?

I don't really have a problem with that. My only problem is the government giving free stuff to one religion over all others. I'm thinking there might be more to this story. Are you sure your article is not leaving out some crucial detail?

I get that feeling as well but what research I've done is pretty much what's we've covered here. After saying that no foreign money would be used to build the mosque the Muslims have now changed their story and that it will be foreign money.

Doc's Talk: Iceland to Get its First Mosque

It's certainly a right, but I'll take a relaxed approach to upholding it until Muslims demonstrate a reciprocal concern. .

You might need to go to Norway for that.

It is the only country I know that has a place called Hell that freezes over.

You might need to go to Norway for that.

It is the only country I know that has a place called Hell that freezes over.

No matter where Muslims go..they bring their wars with them!!

To be fair.. churches around the world was also built in prime locations and the land given for free. Just saying.

Yeah, but that was before real estate agents. :mrgreen:

It's certainly a right, but I'll take a relaxed approach to upholding it until Muslims demonstrate a reciprocal concern. I'm agnostic on religion.

You either support it or you don't, 'rights' that you conditionally uphold are called privileges.

And you do not find it at all ridiculous and possibly mental the notion that Muslims are somehow a united group that all think alike and all should be responsible for each individual's actions no matter in which country, culture or part of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom