• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iceland to get new mosque [W:259]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep. They're the model advertisement for the upside of millenia of inbreeding.

With the world’s longest male lifespan (79.4 years beating second-ranked Japan’s 79.0), and 11th longest female lifespan, Iceland is clearly doing something right.
For women born between 1800 and 1824, marriages between third cousins produced an average of 4.04 children and 9.17 grandchildren, while marriages between eighth cousins or more distantly related couples had averages of only 3.34 children and 7.31 grandchildren.
http://drcate.com/icelands-genetic-secrets/

Alas they'll be ruined by technology

A new smartphone app is on hand to help Icelanders avoid accidental incest. The app lets users "bump" phones, and emits a warning alarm if they are closely related. "Bump the app before you bump in bed," says the catchy slogan.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...s-icelanders-avoid-accidental-incest/2093649/

Last edited:
Yep. They're the model advertisement for the upside of millenia of inbreeding.

http://drcate.com/icelands-genetic-secrets/

Alas they'll be ruined by technology

New app helps Icelanders avoid accidental incest

The moderator warned earlier
Moderator's Warning:The topic here is not Canada or anything else you feel like throwing in to the conversation. The topic here is Iceland to get a new mosque. Please discuss the topic only or this will be closed.
but is now allowing the subject of inbreeding.

Very weil.Islam versus Europe: Psychologist: "Serious consequences of Muslim inbreeding"

And if anyone was certain who the bad guys were everyone's job would be made a lot easier.

I've talked about the issues with fundamentalism and extremism being very mainstream within islam many times on this board, but we should consider there is a clear qualitative difference between your extremist Wahhabist elements and your more fundamentalist flavored islamists. Clearly neither is ideal, but how they act and engage in a society is completely different, the same with their connections to violent radicalism.

And of course, there is always the minority in islam that is very modern in their approuch towards religion, and have no issue balancing that with western liberal ideals. From the *brief* research I did on the topic, the other group seems to hail from that type of background. Making the prospect of them being marginalized by the former that much more of a moral crime and hazard

One has to have perspective/know History, especially Islamic Histotry if one wants to make claims about Christian v Muslim antisemitism.

This is very curious of you to say given all the misinformation about basic Islamic history that followed it.

This is very curious of you to say given all the misinformation about basic Islamic history that followed it.
Yeah, I'm so embarrassed about even posting it now. You really tore it apart sentence by sentence.

But it does bring another sore point with me.
Islam's penchant for destroying the artifacts of other religions.. too.
It's Really Horrendous what's gone on, and is going on worldwide... and specifically with Jewish artifacts being destroyed.
From the Temple Mount to Saudi Arabia, important archaeological items being trashed in the Name of... Islam.
As not just a Jewish Israel supporter, but science and History buff, I find Islam's Backwardness and Intolerance .. Intolerable.

Just a small peek at the Hideous Bastards from an understanding 'liberal' Saudi journalist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sabria-jawhar/saudis-struggle-with-how_b_275217.html said:
"...But offering Madain Saleh as a tourism stop is not a problem. It was first inhabited by the people of Thamud who are mentioned prominently in the Qur'an. But what of the non-Muslim sites? Like most Saudis, I know little of pre-Islamic sites, although occasionally amateur archeologists come across such places. Frankly, it's gross negligence to destroy or hide these discoveries. The government in recent years has taken positive steps to recover and catalog artifacts, but there's a disagreement with what to do with them once they are found.

It's right that churches are not permitted in the Land of the Two Holy Mosques.
But what's less certain is whether crucifixes, if found, should be destroyed or hidden. More precisely is the issue of whether Christian or Jewish artifacts can be displayed in the proper context in a Saudi museum as an acknowledgment of a people who called pre-Islamic Arabia their home.

My guess is that most Saudis will say No. Many Saudis believe there is No place in the Kingdom for such relics.

The Associated Press the other day reported that Sheikh Mohammed Al Nujaimi said non-Muslim artifacts "should be left in the ground." He said that Muslims would Not tolerate the display of non-Muslim religious symbols.
"How can crosses be displayed when Islam doesn't recognize that Christ was crucified?" he said.
"If we display them, it's as if we recognize the crucifixion."

Most Saudis probably agree, although the argument can be made that displaying an ancient cross doesn't necessarily recognize that Christ was crucified but only acknowledges a previous non-Muslim civilization.

Religious symbols aside, there is a precedent in showcasing pre-Islamic items. The museum in Riyadh has a number of pre-Islamic statues. And Riyadh's King Saudi University has similar items.

This is a sensitive time for Saudi Arabia. We have made tentative steps with the international community by promoting inter-faith dialogue."'...
We often here the Dawa that 'Jesus is a prophet in Islam too'. Right, while they're destroying and banning display of crucifixes.
And you gotta love it, they're "promoting interfaith dialogue" while Destroying Priceless artifacts of other faiths/peoples.

And so... where are the Jewish Synagogues remnants and other artifacts of Medina, Mecca, Aqaba, etc?
Smashed pieces of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem an other artifacts have oft been found in big trash heaps well outside the city. Israel should Not have given the Waqf sole jurisdiction of the Temple mount

So you may not like my history, but Saudi Muslim Arabs are still destroying it 1400 years later.

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
I Warned at #259 the thread would be closed if off topic postings continued. Good job ignoring my request and the thread will now be closed.

Moderator's Warning:
The topic here is not Canada or anything else you feel like throwing in to the conversation. The topic here is Iceland to get a new mosque. Please discuss the topic only or this will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom