• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ICE releases hundreds of migrants in Texas, New Mexico, reports say

Re: ICE to release 500 more migrants in El Paso

Of course, but the point remains. If it costs money to send illegals home or keep them out, thats what taxes are for.

Congress has figured out that money can be saved by doing neither and that enough of the voters just don't care.

This is rather simplistic, but understandable given the race of the migrants.

It's stupid nazi wannabe intellectual garbage to try to defend such blatant bigotry.

When someone says, "I hate black people", we don't need your ****ing explanation.

Spare us your nazi apology BS. Please.

If brown migrants were expected to perform as white Americans within a few years of coming over, we would find as lot less supposed bigotry towards them.

So ****ing stupid. You might as well post, "Hi guys, I'm a horribly ignorant nazi, listen to me!"

That's the same thing.

Last edited:
From FOX News

ICE releases hundreds of migrants in Texas, New Mexico, reports say

More than 500 migrants were released Wednesday onto the streets of Texas and New Mexico, U.S. Immigration Customs and Enforcement said, as the government struggles to detain illegal immigrants amid an influx of Central Americans trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border.

The release on Wednesday followed days of other mass releases by the agency in order to prevent migrant families from being detained longer than allowed. On Christmas Day, the agency released 186 migrants and another 400 were set free two days prior, Las Cruces' KVIA-TV reported.

More releases are expected Thursday, said Ruben Garcia of the Annunciation House, a homeless and refugee shelter in El Paso.

After a similar release Sunday, ICE blamed "decades of inaction by Congress" for limiting its ability to remove families who are in the U.S. illegally.

COMMENT:-

Fortunately none of those "decades of inaction by Congress" happened whilst the Republicans had a majority in the Senate PLUS a majority in the House PLUS the Presidency. If that had ever happened, then this situation would have been resolved almost two years ago. That proves that it's time to toss Obama and the Democrats out of office.

Right?

I say we all go out and break the law. This is beyond ridiculous and shows just how pathetic our government has become.

East LA is not as safe as parts of Mexico.... so that argument is ridiculous. :roll:

So warn them so they don’t go to East LA.

So warn them so they don’t go to East LA.

My point was made despite the deflection attempt.

It's stupid nazi wannabe intellectual garbage to try to defend such blatant bigotry.

When someone says, "I hate black people", we don't need your ****ing explanation.

Spare us your nazi apology BS. Please.

So ****ing stupid. You might as well post, "Hi guys, I'm a horribly ignorant nazi, listen to me!"

That's the same thing.

You're misunderstanding my post. Would you advocate that immigrants from central America learn English quickly and adapt to American culture? Indeed, would you demand that they speak English?

You're misunderstanding my post. Would you advocate that immigrants from central America learn English quickly and adapt to American culture? Indeed, would you demand that they speak English?

**** that nazi BS.

Johny5 said:
The story says migrants, but really they are illegals.

Yes, why are we treating these people like humans. The right wing, America's experts in sub-human activity, have declared their fear of them. I find it ironic that you guys don't refer to the people who illegally employ (enslave) them as "illegals". Their crimes are much worse.

My Italian grandparents couldn’t count to ten in English, despite being here for decades. My parents were bi-lingual. Raised with my grandparents a lot, I lost all of my Italian when I entered school. The same happens with Mexicans and Central Americans, perhaps more slowly since Mexico is so much closer than Italy. Much as my grandparents grumbled when I lost Italian, I have heard the same stories from Mexican friends about their families. So don’t bother “demanding”, you’ll get a mental hernia.

It is a positive good for our country if Latinos learn English and retain their Spanish, given migration and geography. And naturally, it is good for non-Spanish speakers to be able to palaver (from the Spanish palabra) a bit in Spanish in the Southwest, as they swing their lariats (la riata) and pretend to be buckaroos (vaqueros). Most of the jobs I have had since learning Spanish, from being an investigator, to teaching Mexicans English, to work with refugees have come my way because of that skill, so it benefited me and the US.

As to culture, each group of immigrants is changed by our culture and changes it a the same time. Our wondrous country is always becoming.

Last edited:
**** that nazi BS.

I'll take this to mean that you would not advise immigrants to learn English quickly. These days, imposing English on impoverished brown immigrants from central America is frowned upon and not PC. Perhaps it's looked upon as an unfair burden, an imperialist white privilege something or other.

English illiteracy for myself and my family would eviscerate our economic success. This may be a stretch, but I believe that English illiteracy would also eviscerate a central American immigrant's chances of success. I'm suspicious of people that advocate different things for different races -especially when they advise one race to do something that they themselves would not do, in this case be English illiterate.

I'll take this to mean that you would not advise immigrants to learn English quickly. These days, imposing English on impoverished brown immigrants from central America is frowned upon and not PC. Perhaps it's looked upon as an unfair burden, an imperialist white privilege something or other.

English illiteracy for myself and my family would eviscerate our economic success. This may be a stretch, but I believe that English illiteracy would also eviscerate a central American immigrant's chances of success.
Nazi BS.

And I notice you dropped the whole "American culture" nazi narrative.

I'm suspicious of people that advocate different things for different races.

Typical nazi BS.

What happened to "no more catch and release?"

[video]https://globalnews.ca/video/4621965/no-longer-a-catch-and-release-program-for-migrants-trump[/video]

Democrats found their federal judge as always.

Democrats found their federal judge as always.

Let's take the flaming stupidity and dishonesty involved in your pretense that judicial decisions are all about whether a judge likes Democrats and Republicans - it's not like you have the slightest ****ing tenth of a clue how to properly read a decision anyway, you just go with whatever RW media says what you want to hear - and let's just assume for a moment that the flamingly stupid dishonesty referred to was actually true. Let's assume for a moment that this, and however other many things you've said the same about, is true, and it really was a bout Democrats finding "their judge".

Question: In an environment when the GOP has stymied Dem appointees far more than the other way around on a federal level, for well over a decade, how is it that conservatives can't find "their federal judge"?

Are they really that incompetent? I mean, they nominate them. They stymie Democrat nominations so they can put theirs on instead, even on SCOTUS. How can conservatives not find the judges they nominated? Are they.... [insert various negative descriptions]? Or are the meanypoopooface libruls preventing them from doing that too?

Are you poor ....individuals....doomed to be forever victimized by liberals despite making up half the country?

And, again, let's take flaming stupidity as true. Let's assume you are doomed to be forever victimized by liberals despite making up half the country? Get it? It's 50/50ish in power, but you're always a victim of a liberal. Ok. Fine. So the liberals always beat you despite it flopping back and forth across it being an even match.

What does that say about you, about the "team" you apparently identify with?

See where I'm going? See what I did? Get it yet?

Drop this god-forsaken victimhood complex. It's depressing to watch in action.

Catch and release is alive and well. MAGA

The good news is that they still counted as illegal immigrant apprehensions and may even get caught again (and again?) to boost those all important immigration law enforcement statistics. MAGA even more!

The dumbest thing about all this is the much-maligned "catch and release" not only works, but is a requirement of a prior settlement. In fact, Obama was ordered to release families he detained, resulting in a program that includes electronic monitoring, and legal/general resources provided, which also resulted in something a 96% appearance rate in court of 'released' persons.

They actually wanted asylum so the vast vast majority went through the process. Asylum-seekers didn't/don't need to be locked up.

We are talking about America though... right?

No, we're talking about the countries that the people came FROM and not the country that they want to come TO (mainly because they believe that the country that they want to come TO is a better place to live than the countries that they come FROM).

Although not addressed to me, my answers to your questions are"

1. Would you advocate that immigrants from central America learn English quickly and adapt to American culture?

Yes.

2. Indeed, would you demand that they speak English?

Not necessarily before arrival.

English illiteracy for myself and my family would eviscerate our economic success. This may be a stretch, but I believe that English illiteracy would also eviscerate a central American immigrant's chances of success. I'm suspicious of people that advocate different things for different races -especially when they advise one race to do something that they themselves would not do, in this case be English illiterate.

If it were a prerequisite for an immigrant to attain the average American literacy level (that is to be able to read and write at the Grade Seven or Grade Eight level) before attaining full citizenship - wouldn't it be only fair to impose the same requirement on "natural born" Americans?

Mind you that would disenfranchise approximately 50% of the American population (which may, or may not, be a "Good Thing" [the Founding Fathers certainly didn't think that it was such a "Bad Thing" to keep the non-propertied, non-educated, from having any real say in the selection of the Senate, Presidency, or Judiciary]).

No, we're talking about the countries that the people came FROM and not the country that they want to come TO (mainly because they believe that the country that they want to come TO is a better place to live than the countries that they come FROM).

I can concede that point although I am not sure how it affects their situation in the USA or in coming to hte USA...

I can concede that point although I am not sure how it affects their situation in the USA or in coming to hte USA...

It most certainly does affect their motivation for leaving their "home and native land" and trying to reach "the land of the free and the home of the brave".

It most certainly does affect their motivation for leaving their "home and native land" and trying to reach "the land of the free and the home of the brave".

I admit it... I got trolled.

I admit it... I got trolled.

It happens to everyone.

Mind you, some trolls are so dense that you can have a whole lot of fun if you llort (you figure it out for yourself) them.

PS - Don;t mind the edits, I want to try something.

It worked, but I'll have to do it off line.

If it were a prerequisite for an immigrant to attain the average American literacy level (that is to be able to read and write at the Grade Seven or Grade Eight level) before attaining full citizenship - wouldn't it be only fair to impose the same requirement on "natural born" Americans?

You're mentioning social standards here in the context of official citizenship requirements. I'm coming from a related theme - that of explaining why people are against immigrants (especially brown ones). There are white citizens that don't make the average literacy level. Let's say for the sake of argument that these people are concentrated in coal mine country. Everyone knows that those people are below standard - they need to get an education and get themselves out of poverty and whatever coal mine 'low income' culture they are stuck in. In other words, there is something wrong with them that needs to be fixed.

Now take immigrants - not a white one from Austria, but a brown one from Honduras. Illiterate in English, most likely holding menial jobs like fruit picking. Society feels there's nothing wrong with this. English would be a burden, so give the Honduran a translator and government help. Never the Austrian though - we expect him to learn English and not be a fruit picker.

It's the lower standard, the non-assimilation, that society expects of the Honduran but not the Austrian, that is a considerable driving force behind the dislike of brown immigrants. It's all for votes. The more dependent someone is and the lower their income, the more likely they are to vote democrat.

You're mentioning social standards here in the context of official citizenship requirements. I'm coming from a related theme - that of explaining why people are against immigrants (especially brown ones). There are white citizens that don't make the average literacy level. Let's say for the sake of argument that these people are concentrated in coal mine country. Everyone knows that those people are below standard - they need to get an education and get themselves out of poverty and whatever coal mine 'low income' culture they are stuck in. In other words, there is something wrong with them that needs to be fixed.

Now take immigrants - not a white one from Austria, but a brown one from Honduras. Illiterate in English, most likely holding menial jobs like fruit picking. Society feels there's nothing wrong with this. English would be a burden, so give the Honduran a translator and government help. Never the Austrian though - we expect him to learn English and not be a fruit picker.

It's the lower standard, the non-assimilation, that society expects of the Honduran but not the Austrian, that is a considerable driving force behind the dislike of brown immigrants. It's all for votes. The more dependent someone is and the lower their income, the more likely they are to vote democrat.

I was right there with you - until your last sentence, which doesn't appear to have as much of a connection with reality as it should have.

Back
Top Bottom