• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ICE agents arrest 280 people at tech repair company in Texas

Lord of Planar

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Last edited:
I can't stand it when they try to throw in the sob story...

"CBS DFW spoke with one man whose fiancée was among those detained Wednesday. Edgar Arrubla said she is from Colombia and here in the U.S. on a tourist visa, but she's not authorized to work here.

He said they're scheduled to get married in May.

"I feel scared, really scared right now about what might happen to her," said Arrubla."

Don't break the law.

Fake news.

This sort of stuff is a myth, and is blown out of proportion.

Looks like there are now 280 new job openings, that is unless the company goes under.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ice-ra...chnology-group-largest-operation-in-10-years/

We need more of these. Honest corporations have a hard time competing against those who cheat. It takes away jobs from citizens also.

The government needs to do its job all over the country. If the federal government would make like tougher on those here illegally then I imagine fewer would be here illegally. The cities that protect illegals are in violation of federal law and those who lead those cities should have to face all the legal penalties possible.

They should expel all of them to Mexico!

The owners I mean....

Collin county went to Trump by 60K votes. Another Republican stronghold full of illegal immigrants ignored by Republican state government. Next, you guys will tell us that Trump is stomping out illegal immigration by firing the ones his underlings hired.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Looks like there are now 280 new job openings, that is unless the company goes under.

ICE raid Allen, Texas: 280 arrested at CVE Technology Group, largest operation in 10 years - CBS News

We need more of these. Honest corporations have a hard time competing against those who cheat. It takes away jobs from citizens also.

Never really understood why I'm supposed to prefer US citizens to immigrants as employees. Their nation of origin or immigration status makes no difference to me. Just as long as they do their job well.

Never really understood why I'm supposed to prefer US citizens to immigrants as employees. Their nation of origin or immigration status makes no difference to me. Just as long as they do their job well.

Did you on purpose forget the word "illegal" from the above quote?

Their country of origin absolutely should not matter. It should matter, however, that they are able to work here legally. Beyond simple ethics and fairness to those who actually go through the process, these cases are almost always accompanied by identity theft used in employment verificiation.

Their country of origin absolutely should not matter. It should matter, however, that they are able to work here legally. Beyond simple ethics and fairness to those who actually go through the process, these cases are almost always accompanied by identity theft used in employment verificiation.

If the concern is identity theft, then issuing these immigrants with work visas is the best solution, as it removes their need or incentive to forge documentation.

I can't stand it when they try to throw in the sob story...

"CBS DFW spoke with one man whose fiancée was among those detained Wednesday. Edgar Arrubla said she is from Colombia and here in the U.S. on a tourist visa, but she's not authorized to work here.

He said they're scheduled to get married in May.

"I feel scared, really scared right now about what might happen to her," said Arrubla."

Don't break the law.
They could move to Columbia and get married

Collin county went to Trump by 60K votes. Another Republican stronghold full of illegal immigrants ignored by Republican state government. Next, you guys will tell us that Trump is stomping out illegal immigration by firing the ones his underlings hired.

And yet ICE detained 280 illegals in Collin country. May that is BECAUSE Collin country voted for Trump.

Yes. What difference does immigration status make if they are a good employee?

Are you are trolling?

It is like asking me what difference does it make if one violates the law or no.

If the issue is just the bottom line and how a certain action benefits an employer's pocket , then what difference does it make if the law says that I cannot beat the crap out of an employer to steal his property!

If the concern is identity theft, then issuing these immigrants with work visas is the best solution, as it removes their need or incentive to forge documentation.
so your solution is to give people who were involved in identity theft legal status . Brilliant :roll:

Are you are trolling?

It is like asking me what difference does it make if one violates the law or no.

If the issue is just the bottom line and how a certain action benefits an employer's pocket , then what difference does it make if the law says that I cannot beat the crap out of an employer to steal his property!

The best way to ensure fair treatment between employer and employee is to grant legal status to all formerly undocumented workers. This will allow for more self advocacy and also remove the danger of arrest and deportation.

so your solution is to give people who were involved in identity theft legal status . Brilliant :roll:

Correct. If they have legal status, there is no need to pursue identity theft.

The best way to ensure fair treatment between employer and employee is to grant legal status to all formerly undocumented workers. This will allow for more self advocacy and also remove the danger of arrest and deportation.

There is also fair treatment of those who are looking for a job and complete with illegals which does not justify what you propose...

280 people, eh?

So they only need to do this 20,000 to 40,000 more times in order to remove all of the undocumented immigrants in the US. I'm sure they will get right on it.

280 people, eh?

So they only need to do this 20,000 to 40,000 more times in order to remove all of the undocumented immigrants in the US. I'm sure they will get right on it.
You have to start somewhere.

Yes. What difference does immigration status make if they are a good employee?
Being illegal allows the company to pay less than fair wages and thus drive down the labor prices for every one.

And yet ICE detained 280 illegals in Collin country. May that is BECAUSE Collin country voted for Trump.
This is a Republican stronghold. It's yet another Republican stronghold where respect for laws is minimal. The same as with Trump golf courses. Nobody is surprised.

Back
Top Bottom