• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ICC President in corruption scandal over Bashir

sudanesia

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
By Jessica A Badebye in Nairobi – Kenya
The president of the International Criminal Court (ICC) is facing calls to resign after it emerged that she may have received financial rewards said to be in millions of dollars to ensure the indictment of Sudanese President Omar al Bashir.
Information reaching The London Evening Post here say that between 2004 and 2015, Argentinian-born ICC President Judge Silvia Alejandra Fernández de Gurmendi allegedly received into her private bank accounts at Banco Popular in the Virgin Islands, the First Caribbean Bank in the Bahamas and the Congregation B’nai Israel unexplained funds mounting to over US$17million that was allegedly used to bribe witnesses that enabled the ICC to indict the Sudanese leader.

ICC President in corruption scandal over Bashir | The Sudanese Media Centre
what else

The president of the International Criminal Court (ICC) is facing calls to resign after it emerged that she may have received financial rewards said to be in millions of dollars to ensure the indictment of Sudanese President Omar al Bashir.
Information reaching The London Evening Post here say that between 2004 and 2015, Argentinian-born ICC President Judge Silvia Alejandra Fernández de Gurmendi allegedly received into her private bank accounts at Banco Popular in the Virgin Islands, the First Caribbean Bank in the Bahamas and the Congregation B’nai Israel unexplained funds mounting to over US$17million that was allegedly used to bribe witnesses that enabled the ICC to indict the Sudanese leader.

what else

If she took money, she must go. That will not change the fact that Bashir is a perfect case for the Court.

If she took money, she must go. That will not change the fact that Bashir is a perfect case for the Court.

The Clintons took money from authoritarian regimes, they must go. Hopefully they will be next on the chopping block. We need to begin preparations, our next President committed war crimes in Libya.

Even indirect involvement in war crimes is constitutionally disqualifying for the U.S. Presidency in my book, and many others'.

The Clintons took money from authoritarian regimes, they must go. Hopefully they will be next on the chopping block. We need to begin preparations, our next President committed war crimes in Libya.

Even indirect involvement in war crimes is constitutionally disqualifying for the U.S. Presidency in my book, and many others'.

I am pretty sure "they" did take money and think that that stands against her being elected, if it was illegal at the time of the taking. That is always important. (I am not aware of the war crimes in Libya you allude to that a US President was involved in).
In the case of Bashir the case is much more solid.

I am pretty sure "they" did take money and think that that stands against her being elected, if it was illegal at the time of the taking. That is always important. (I am not aware of the war crimes in Libya you allude to that a US President was involved in).
In the case of Bashir the case is much more solid.

Agreed. Hillary may not have been President, but she was still Secretary of State - which is easily the second-most influential position in our government with regard to foreign policy. I'd say I'm more familiar with foreign policy than I am domestic policy (regarding the inner-workings of the US government).

what else

Lol, really? The Sudanese Media Centre?

Back
Top Bottom