• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ICC Certifications? Anybody?

tessaesque

Bring us a shrubbery!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Anybody here ever acquired an ICC certification for commercial use? I'm looking into taking courses and getting certified for commercial building inspections, commercial plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and fire....but I'm new to this and I don't want to waste $70 per test if it's not worth it.

Anybody here ever acquired an ICC certification for commercial use? I'm looking into taking courses and getting certified for commercial building inspections, commercial plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and fire....but I'm new to this and I don't want to waste $70 per test if it's not worth it.

It largely depends on exactly where you want to work. If it isn't required where you would like to work, I wouldn't bother.

It largely depends on exactly where you want to work. If it isn't required where you would like to work, I wouldn't bother.

It isn't required where I work NOW..but eventually I'd like to get into doing architectural plan reviews for municipalities or 3rd party plan review companies.

It isn't required where I work NOW..but eventually I'd like to get into doing architectural plan reviews for municipalities or 3rd party plan review companies.

It could be a handy plus to have, then. Knowledge of the various codes is essential. How you acquire that knowledge is secondary, but certifications offer a prospective client or employer some assurance. Certifications look good on a resume, too. I never was ICC certified, but I had licenses in the various disciplines, which more than offset any certifications at the time. I'd get the certification, if I were you in the situation you mention. It will cost some, but it may be worth it just to have the certification in your pocket and on your resume.

Back
Top Bottom