• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ian Anderson-Thick as Brick I and II tour

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Just got back from the performance at Riverbend (east of Cincinnati). They play Indy tomorrow night. Go if you can. They played almost 2.5 hours and while Ian Anderson doesn't have the range he had 40 years ago, he still is a great performer and the other vocalist is really good. The band was very tight. It was worth the money for sure

They are going to play the East Coast in the fall.

I saw Jethro Tull in SLC last winter and thought they sucked. I feel bad because I used to love Jethro Tull which is why I went......but....that concert was one of the worst I've ever been to. The stupid home videos, the prancing elf or whatever he was and the accoustics were absolutely horrible and couldn't make out a word or thing he said and he talked for half the concert. I think I even fell asleep half way through...ugh.

I saw Jethro Tull in SLC last winter and thought they sucked. I feel bad because I used to love Jethro Tull which is why I went......but....that concert was one of the worst I've ever been to. The stupid home videos, the prancing elf or whatever he was and the accoustics were absolutely horrible and couldn't make out a word or thing he said and he talked for half the concert. I think I even fell asleep half way through...ugh.

Oh well, bummer for you. This was not Jethro Tull but Ian Anderson with a new band.

Oh well, bummer for you. This was not Jethro Tull but Ian Anderson with a new band.
It was the Thick as a Brick concert tour. Yeah, it was kind of a bummer concert. Glad you enjoyed it, though.

It was the Thick as a Brick concert tour. Yeah, it was kind of a bummer concert. Glad you enjoyed it, though.

everyone has flat days. When LZ played Cincinnati in 77 it was a two day show. Some of the critics didn't like the first day-the sound system was off etc. Page must have listened because the second day (the one I caught) was said to be one of their best life efforts ever.

I saw the GD twice in one week. One night Jerry sounded like he had swallowed a basketball, the next concert it was as good as the stuff he did in 72 or 77

I was at a clays tournament today and a couple guys in their sixties said they were at IA last night and they were claiming that was as good as what they recalled back when they saw him 8-10 times 40 years or so ago. (They did admit they were far less "wasted" last night though!)

everyone has flat days. When LZ played Cincinnati in 77 it was a two day show. Some of the critics didn't like the first day-the sound system was off etc. Page must have listened because the second day (the one I caught) was said to be one of their best life efforts ever.
Thats true. Abravenal Hall is one the best accoustically designed concert halls in the country so I figured the venue wasn't the problem. But I did learn something from the concert which was .....you can't go back to the past. I was hoping they would sound exactly like they used to so I could feel that way too.

I saw the GD twice in one week. One night Jerry sounded like he had swallowed a basketball, the next concert it was as good as the stuff he did in 72 or 77
I used to love the GD...but no so much to be called a Dead head. Like, I didnt follow them around the country and go to every concert they ever gave....like some people I knew. But yeah, I know what you mean...everyone has bad days and I guess I just got a bad day. But then, it's always been kind of hit or miss with concerts, so whaddya going to do?

I was at a clays tournament today and a couple guys in their sixties said they were at IA last night and they were claiming that was as good as what they recalled back when they saw him 8-10 times 40 years or so ago. (They did admit they were far less "wasted" last night though!)
Sounds like it was a good concert, then. Glad somebody enjoyed it. I saw Crosby, Stills and Nash last summer and they were great. A real blast from the past. I would have preferred they played the old songs in accoustic guitar instead of electric, but hey, it was still a damn good concert. And too, it was outdoors which can also make a big difference. When I come home from a concert and have to listen their music again right away, I know it was a good concert.

I saw Jethro Tull back in 92 or 93 and they were awesome. Fantastic show!

I saw them back in the 70s
apparently IA had some sort of feud with Jimmy Page (LZ was scheduled to play Cincinnati several months after I saw one of Tull's shows) and IA was making jokes about LZ

at the recent event they were adamant about no photography though I saw a few people taking Phone shots. We were asked to empty our pockets (Damn I forgot I had a benchmade Military automatic knife in my back pocket that went unnoticed) the guy said they were looking for cameras. Yet there is a pretty high quality complete concert from FT Myers late last year that I have on now-its pretty close to what I saw (Youtube)

Back
Top Bottom