• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I would think email security onus on Secret Service

kentuple

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
All this foofaraw about those private email servers. Well in the case of Hillary I don't hold her accountable. In a democracy there is plenty of shifting of personnel. So when there is a newly appointed cabinet member, especially a Secretary of State, I would damn expect the Secret Service or appropriate branch of the military to make sure that current security measures are intact and accommodate if there is need to make accommodations. I'll bet this inquiry has been answered here before but I failed to find it via Search function, sorry. So if Hillary was using a less-than-secure email host or server than I would think it would be encumbent on the folks like Secret Service to guide H. Clinton toward a corrective implementation.

All this foofaraw about those private email servers. Well in the case of Hillary I don't hold her accountable. In a democracy there is plenty of shifting of personnel. So when there is a newly appointed cabinet member, especially a Secretary of State, I would damn expect the Secret Service or appropriate branch of the military to make sure that current security measures are intact and accommodate if there is need to make accommodations. I'll bet this inquiry has been answered here before but I failed to find it via Search function, sorry. So if Hillary was using a less-than-secure email host or server than I would think it would be encumbent on the folks like Secret Service to guide H. Clinton toward a corrective implementation.
I don't think they can force politicians to do things correctly.

They can tell them, but the politicians may choose to do otherwise.

Like Trump not wanting to switch phones, I vaguely recall hearing about that.

How is the SS going to make sure officials don't screw up email security without actively monitoring all their activities to make sure they haven't set up an account somewhere?

The vast majority of the time the Secret Service looks the other way on crimes committed by their protectees.

It's impossible for her not to have known what she was doing was wrong in crossing the streams. She just didn't give a ****.

I'm a liberal Democrat and I did vote for Hillary, despite being a Bernie supporter.
When the time came, I believed Bernie about Trump so I held my nose and pulled the "HRC" lever.

But one of the reasons I DESPISED her as a candidate is because Hillary Rodham Clinton is ARROGANT to a fault. Once she thinks she knows something, that's it. You're looking at a brick wall.
If she doesn't KNOW something, you ain't gonna teach her, NO ONE CAN.
Again, it is her ARROGANCE, once she's convinced that she can't understand something, she becomes a stubborn mule.

And where things like email servers are concerned, where computers of ANY kind are concerned, Hillary Clinton is every bit as stupid and ignorant as Trump. She doesn't understand how to use a computer and she doesn't WANT to understand how to use one, and she is addicted to a make and model of smartphone that was not going to be supported by US govt email servers any longer due to security issues. And she would not upgrade. So when she could no longer get support for a government server, she arrogantly decided to go and "roll her own", a Hillary solution for Hillary and to Hell with the issues.

Her arrogance is the equal of Trump's arrogance. And therein lies the reason why she went with her own server.
You can't tell the bitch anything, you can't teach her anything, and she thinks she knows everything.

The point is, all of these people are in their 60's, 70's and 80's, and much of their staff is also baby boomer types who are at least in their late 50's. Computers are NOT second nature with them and never have been.
The only reason they are with me is because my 62 year old ass was into electronics and computers from the very beginning.

Everyone else grew up with typewriters.
They don't like computers, they don't understand them and they don't want to.
They can't even program their VCR's or DVD machines, and asking them to download or install something terrifies them.
This is the last generation for whom computers are a mystery.

Last edited:
Thank you much for those substantial replies!
BTW I'm new to this forum and though ostensibly subscribed to this thread I received no email apprising me that replies were made.

Back
Top Bottom