• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I won't vote in 2010

I'm Supposn

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Democrats have decided to delay the tax cuts bill vote until after the election.
I’ll refrain from voting in general elections until the tax bill reaches the floors of both Congressional houses and the bill is voted upon the House of Representatives’ floor.

I fully support Obama’s position that we cannot afford to continue the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest taxpayers. I’d prefer that the discounted tax rates for long term capital gains incomes be eliminated and replaced with more populist tax cuts.

Since leaving the service in 1959, I’ve voted in every general election and have missed extremely few primary elections. Finally since 2008 I’m no longer voting for the least evil and I require a candidate (at minimum) to substantially concur with my opinion upon at least one issue and methods to achieve our perceived goal. I won’t absolutely always vote for a candidate that simply meets the minimum standard.

Obama’s speaks well on the issues but lacks explicit explanation of how he prefers laws be drafted to achieve what he professes to be (and are too often less than explicit) goals.

Obama’s campaign office had written, (but I’ve never actually found a direct quote from Obama), that he was a proponent of the federal minimum wage pegged to a cost of living adjustment, (i.e. COLA). Based only upon that minimal but substantial agreement I voted for Obama. I now fear that his behavior thus far gives me good reason to fear Obama and the Democrats will acquiesce to Republicans. If Obama’s administration increases the minimum wage, Democrats will not press for it also being thereafter COLA’d.

A COLA’d minimum wage rate will not substantially improve USA’s economy but it is certainly an improvement of a non-COLA’d minimum wage. Any significant federal minimum wage is preferable to an ineffective minimum wage. I suppose it is feasible for a minimum wage rate to be excessive and detrimental to an economy. The greater harm occurs within jurisdictions adjoining others having inadequate wage scales and goods and persons have unrestricted passage over their borders. I have never encountered a historical reference to a nation’s economy being harmed by an excessive minimum wage. I don’t believe there’s ever been an excessive minimum wage within any nation.

Obama is the titular head of the Democratic Party. I appreciate the federal health act’s future benefits to our nation. Obama and the Democratic Party acted despicably to achieve an inferior bill’s passage. Democrats offered exceptions to a few states rather than negotiating and arguing for consideration to help all congressional districts with inadequate availability of health facilities. If such honorable negotiation couldn’t sway senators of less densely populated states, it would have certainly “held their feet to the fire”.

I am not angry because of what he and his party failed to achieve. I’m furious of what positions he surrendered without fully negotiating for anything better. Politics is not a dirty word and negotiation is respectable. Acquiescence and submission are despicable words and are generally cowardly and despicable acts.

It is my patriotic duty not to vote for a party that leads in the wrong direction or a second party that lacks leadership and has no definite direction. The Republicans will lead us until we recognize that it’s the wrong direction. Retaining no consistency of direction, Democrats are unable to correct our nation’s course.

I will not vote for any Democrats until Obama and his party finds and retain some courage. Thus far it appears that I will not vote for Obama in 2012.

Respectfully, Supposn

Democrats have decided to delay the tax cuts bill vote until after the election.
I’ll refrain from voting in general elections until the tax bill reaches the floors of both Congressional houses and the bill is voted upon the House of Representatives’ floor.

Why? The Dems don't want to bring it to the floor only because they don't want it to be an issue. "Never give your opponent the club he uses to hit you over the head with." The tax cuts will be extended for those making less than $200K a year after the election. That's a done deal.

Since leaving the service in 1959, I’ve voted in every general election and have missed extremely few primary elections. Finally since 2008 I’m no longer voting for the least evil and I require a candidate (at minimum) to substantially concur with my opinion upon at least one issue and methods to achieve our perceived goal. I won’t absolutely always vote for a candidate that simply meets the minimum standard.

No offense, but how's THAT been workin' for ya'? If voters just go their merry way thinking their individual vote matters in the scheme of things, they are hopelessly naive. Align yourself with others of like-mindedness and cast your votes in their direction. It's the only way your vote matters one little tinker's dam.

It is my patriotic duty not to vote for a party that leads in the wrong direction or a second party that lacks leadership and has no definite direction. The Republicans will lead us until we recognize that it’s the wrong direction. Retaining no consistency of direction, Democrats are unable to correct our nation’s course.

Disagree. I think it is one's patriotic duty to vote for the lesser of two evils if those are the only choices with which we're presented. Barring revolution, it is our only hope.

I will not vote for any Democrats until Obama and his party finds and retain some courage. Thus far it appears that I will not vote for Obama in 2012.

YAY!!!

Personally I think Obama has Plenty of Courage. Before his 2nd Term ends, or right after he loses in 2012 you will see a cornacopia of it coming our way. He has treaded easy because of the Mid terms AND because despite his 2008 hinted at promises there are still plenty of US Military in Iraq and Afghanistan. Those who admire him the most all along wanted a quick exit without fail.

Back
Top Bottom