• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Wonder...

RJApple

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I was in Washington D.C. over the weekend, and, as some of you may know, at the same time the Reason Rally was being held. Of course, no D.C. trip would be complete without a stroll around the National Mall. This meant that I had the wonderful pleasure of making my way through the crowd of Atheists, while a Beatles imitation band played in the background, to get to the Lincoln Memorial. This experience left me with one question, what are the statistics on tattoos (I mean the "my body is a canvas" type), piercings (the "you should be wary of magnets" variety), and fluorescent-dyed hair amongst the Atheist community? I mean, it seemed like every other person I saw had at least one of the aforementioned 'decorations' (to put it kindly), if not all three. Is this normal for Atheist gatherings, or did the rally just attract the most, shall we say, 'exotic' members of the community?

Is this normal for Atheist gatherings, or did the rally just attract the most, shall we say, 'exotic' members of the community?

I don't know. Does it really even matter?

Not really. That's why it is in this section of the forums; I simply found it mildly amusing, as no other group I have encountered seems remotely similar in this regard. Actually, I take that back, male hipsters and way-too-tight-to-be-on-a-man jeans seem to have a comparable level occurrence. ;)

Not really. That's why it is in this section of the forums; I simply found it mildly amusing, as no other group I have encountered seems remotely similar in this regard. Actually, I take that back, male hipsters and way-too-tight-to-be-on-a-man jeans seem to have a comparable level occurrence. ;)

Oh OK, I misunderstood then. ^-^

I am a atheist, but I haven't dyed my hair or anything like that. :lamo

FREAKS ALL OF THEM FREAKS!!!!

13323164_10209476083643418_2468532193930067620_o.jpg

If the tatoos looked like this, I may have figured it out!

Atheist-Tattoo-Design.jpg

I was in Washington D.C. over the weekend, and, as some of you may know, at the same time the Reason Rally was being held. Of course, no D.C. trip would be complete without a stroll around the National Mall. This meant that I had the wonderful pleasure of making my way through the crowd of Atheists, while a Beatles imitation band played in the background, to get to the Lincoln Memorial. This experience left me with one question, what are the statistics on tattoos (I mean the "my body is a canvas" type), piercings (the "you should be wary of magnets" variety), and fluorescent-dyed hair amongst the Atheist community? I mean, it seemed like every other person I saw had at least one of the aforementioned 'decorations' (to put it kindly), if not all three. Is this normal for Atheist gatherings, or did the rally just attract the most, shall we say, 'exotic' members of the community?
What was the purpose of the Reason Rally? That might clue you into why there were freaks there. :p Looking at their "issue" page it appears that the Reason Rally isnt about atheism at all. But more of a leftist thing.

Issues ? Reason Rally

Look at all those atheist scumbags. I say they should all be shot.

Greetings, TheGoverness. :2wave:

The ancients, in order not to show any personal dislike, chose instead to kill every third or fourth man in line, depending upon what day of the week it was. This showed distain for the men they were looking at, and those not killed became slaves, and were forced to bury their comrades as their first order. It was a very effective way to show they didn't care about rank, since all of them were considered worthless.

By the way, I think the second man from the left has a nice smile! Don't shoot that one! :lamo

Does that say ATHIEST, or A THEIST? It's a simple distinction with major implications.
I think when we stare at a word a little too long, those of us that are linguistic by nature can parse words & phrases a little too deeply once in a while! ;)

What about man buns, ironic beards and plaid shirts??

Sure peoples' appearances matter.

What you choose to "look like" can say an awful lot about you.

Covered in full body tattoos, giant hoops through your earlobes and studs in your nose, bright pink hair?

Then you're almost certainly and attention whore who thinks the world revolves around you while having a very low tolerance for other people's opinions or right to have them.

Maybe they had time to go to the rally because nobody would hire them.

Back
Top Bottom