• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I wonder why heavy metal is popular in Europe,Japan,South America and such, yet isn't popular in the United States.

I think part of it as well is that many US Americans only know mostly of the big 4,Metallica,Anthrax,Slayer,Megadeth,or bands like Linkin Park,SlipKnot,Shadows Fall,Iron Maiden,Judas Priest,and such, but don't know about other metal bands.
Fortunately I live in a "metal town" so between here and San Antonio, we get a lot of good shows.

I wonder what happened to cause Americans to forget the music they used to listen to that they were supposed to be loyal to?

Grunge killed metal in the US

Cause i seen on youtube, when metal is played in places like Europe,South america and such, they pack stadiums, but in the United states, they often have to stick to playing small bars.

See how those crowds pack that concert in Germany?

Yet,in the United States, they have to play smaller venues.

I wonder what happened to cause Americans to forget the music they used to listen to that they were supposed to be loyal to?

American Rock really kind of died in the early to mid 2000s, unfortunately. "Club crap" pop, rap, and fusions of the two then became the new music industry gold standard.

I'm not entirely sure why that is, though I suspect it may be due to shifting demographics to a certain extent. Rock seems to be a mostly "white," lower middle to working class, Mid Western thing in the US. That demographic has been pretty steadily losing cultural influence for decades now.

The Latino demographics which are rapidly gaining in influence, meanwhile, seem to gravitate more towards either their own music, or African American genres, like Rap.

Last edited:
American Rock really kind of died in the early to mid 2000s, unfortunately. "Club crap" pop, rap, and fusions of the two then became the new music industry gold standard.

I'm not entirely sure why that is, though I suspect it may be due to shifting demographics to a certain extent. Rock seems to be a mostly "white," lower middle to working class, Mid Western thing in the US. That demographic has been pretty steadily losing cultural influence for decades now.

The Latino demographics which are rapidly gaining in influence, meanwhile, seem to gravitate more towards either their own music, or African American genres, like Rap.

Rock music could be considered Black music.

Rock music came from Blues music which was a type of struggle and protest music that was made by oppressed blacks in the south.

Back
Top Bottom