• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I wish we all could leave California

Artymoon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Funny dig at the Golden State. Enjoy!

Well, SF's packed with feces,
You gotta watch your step up there,
And Los Angeles with all their homeless camps,
The tents and drugs are everywhereI
In Napa Newsom drops some 15 thousand bucks on wine
But in the rest of the state
with all the mask mandates,
They keep us all locked up real tight
I wish we all could leave California, now I wish we all could leave California, I wish we all could leave California,

now Well, Texas has more freedom,
And pistol grips out there aren't banned
I'd dig a Florida place with no mask on my face,
And no income tax sounds grand
I been all around this Commie state,
And my time here's about spent Yeah,
but I couldn't spot even one U-Haul lot
That had a single truck left to rent
I wish we all could leave California, now I wish we all could leave California, I wish we all could leave California

But the weather in California (especially here in Southern California) is so wonderful.

And besides, most other states have the same problems: woke politicians, people who sleep outdoors ("unhoused" is no longer politically correct), daily violent crime, high prices, & expensive housing.

True, California is not the same as it was when I was a teenager in the peaceful 1950s.

But things change.

And we have no choice but to adjust.

I wish we all could leave California, now I wish we all could leave California, I wish we all could leave California,

I wish we all could leave California, now I wish we all could leave California, I wish we all could leave California

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Vile, sickly and impotent Californians weakly strike back:

'Don't move to Texas': California billboards tell citizens to not move to Texas

california-texas-uvalde-billboard-comp-1.jpg

MAGA.

But the weather in California (especially here in Southern California) is so wonderful.

And besides, most other states have the same problems: woke politicians, people who sleep outdoors ("unhoused" is no longer politically correct), daily violent crime, high prices, & expensive housing.

True, California is not the same as it was when I was a teenager in the peaceful 1950s.

But things change.

"...unhoused" is no longer politically correct..."

Source please.

But things change.

I was about to award you a ultra-coveted golden MAGA after your first post. Then I read your second.

No MAGA for you.

Last edited:
"...unhoused" is no longer politically correct..."

Source please.
I heard it on talk radio.

And we all know that talk radio is always dependable.

Vile, sickly and impotent Californians weakly strike back:

'Don't move to Texas': California billboards tell citizens to not move to Texas

california-texas-uvalde-billboard-comp-1.jpg

MAGA.
TX billboard that shares a similar sentiment.

1661442312787.png

That was part of the fun. It's even hard to leave the state when you want to.
If I wanted to discredit California, I sure as hell wouldn't talk about the weather. I'd talk about the sheer terror of earthquakes and random rogue brown bears attacks.

MAGA.

If I wanted to discredit California, I sure as hell wouldn't talk about the weather. I'd talk about the sheer terror of earthquakes and random rogue brown bears.

MAGA.

You could always consult a map for those "rogue brown bears" :ROFLMAO:

1661442683727.png

TX billboard that shares a similar sentiment.

View attachment 67408658

So, if I have this right, you live in California but you have wistful dreams of living in Texas.
There is absolutely nothing stopping you. I lived in L.A. County 1982 to 1998, then lived in Arkansas for a few years, then moved to Dallas-Fort Worth in 2002, then moved BACK to L.A. County in 2012.
There is absolutely nothing stopping you except lame excuses and instead of sitting around whining about how horrible California is, get off your ass and move.

Feel free to go! I happen to love it here and from my experiances in floodida and other states this is the best place to live.

So, if I have this right, you live in California but you have wistful dreams of living in Texas.
There is absolutely nothing stopping you. I lived in L.A. County 1982 to 1998, then lived in Arkansas for a few years, then moved to Dallas-Fort Worth in 2002, then moved BACK to L.A. County in 2012.
There is absolutely nothing stopping you except lame excuses and instead of sitting around whining about how horrible California is, get off your ass and move.
Oh, I don't live in California. I find it a wonderful place to visit for a few days and it is beautiful, but that is where the love affair ends. I just found this parody entertaining given the times.
Feel free to go! I happen to love it here and from my experiances in floodida and other states this is the best place to live.
I grew up in Florida and loved my time there. Beaches and water are second to none but overall, the state is just too freaking crowded now. A great place for visits but don't think I could live there again full time.

Oh, I don't live in California. I find it a wonderful place to visit for a few days and it is beautiful, but that is where the love affair ends. I just found this parody entertaining given the times.
I grew up in Florida and loved my time there. Beaches and water are second to none but overall, the state is just too freaking crowded now. A great place for visits but don't think I could live there again full time.

It's pathetic because the fact is, Americans consume entertainment media MADE IN CALIFORNIA more than any media made anywhere else.
And by made in California I mean, written, photographed, produced, edited...everything.
And that includes runaway production too, by the way, unless you can show me a writer's row in Atlanta, or New Mexico, or Canada.

The fact is, California influences the entire world, and if people really hated California as much as the hype makes it sound, the entertainment industry here would have withered and died twenty years ago.
So in the end, all this California bashing, and there's a shit ton of it, is rooted in one thing:

Jealousy.

It's pathetic because the fact is, Americans consume entertainment media MADE IN CALIFORNIA more than any media made anywhere else.
And by made in California I mean, written, photographed, produced, edited...everything.
And that includes runaway production too, by the way, unless you can show me a writer's row in Atlanta, or New Mexico, or Canada.

The fact is, California influences the entire world, and if people really hated California as much as the hype makes it sound, the entertainment industry here would have withered and died twenty years ago.
So in the end, all this California bashing, and there's a shit ton of it, is rooted in one thing:

Jealousy.
I enjoy my bathroom and what if offers but that doesn't mean I want to live in or take my meals there. Georgia is doing just find on the entertainment front and I don't think people hate California. I think most are like, if that's how you guys want to do things then great, just keep that crap there. It's when Californians decide to move to greener pastures and bring the same mindset or think that their state is the center of the universe has the tendency to drive others nuts.

Jealousy is one view I suppose, but more people are trying to get out than there are trying to get in.

It's when Californians decide to move to greener pastures and bring the

Now you're changing the subject to: "Californians who leave and move somewhere else" ---- did you want to start a new thread about California transplants to other states and how they give those other states the sadz, or did you want to keep spewing about how awful it is IN California and how everyone wants to leave?

Which is it?

Or is it a Schrodinger's California where everyone who leaves is awful, but they can't leave, so they can't be awful, so they're Schrodingering everyone else remotely?

That is hilarious. California is not the same state I left in 1989. Many other blue states are headed in the same direction.

Back
Top Bottom