• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I wish I would have voted for Romney

Irwin Corey

Proud AmeriCAN
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
IF Mitt Romney would have beaten Obama in 2012 Donald J. Trump would NEVER have become president; and that would have been, in hindsight, the best of possibilities for our Country.

IF Mitt Romney would have beaten Obama in 2012 Donald J. Trump would NEVER have become president; and that would have been, in hindsight, the best of possibilities for our Country.
Trump is the best thing that has happened to the country in many decades. China trade imbalance fixed. Middle East problem fixed. Economy strong. Borders closed. You leftwingers are blinded by your own hatred.

Damn it, Irwin, you were the pivotal vote.

But all kidding aside, yes, if Romney had won in 2012 we would be dealing with COVID 19 most likely during the second term of a Romney Administration. I think we would all be better off if that was the case.

Last edited:
Trump is the best thing that has happened to the country in many decades. China trade imbalance fixed. Middle East problem fixed. Economy strong. Borders closed. You leftwingers are blinded by your own hatred.

Wow that’s a load of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But all kidding aside, yes, if Romney had won in 2012 we would be dealing with COVID 19 most likely during the second term of a Romney Administration. I think we would all be better off if that was the case.
Romney is of weak character. He's proving that every day.

Obviously and to your point, I'm nobody. But it occurred to me last night, thinking about Judge Ginsberg's death, that IF Romney would have won, NOTHING, of the America I love would have changed ... for the worse. We would have, still, ended up with (3) three conservative judges on the Supreme Court, we still would have had tax cuts for the Rich but we would have had a real patriotic AmeriCAN as President. We would have had a Administration that respected our foreign alliances and our domestic institutions. In the eyes of the world America still would be GREAT! We would have had a President that would have "tried" to UNITE us not divide us.

And we would have had a President that knew how to LEAD us through this pandemic; tens of thousands of AmeriCANs that have died because of the Virus and Trumps inept management of it, would still be alive.

Oh, just remember; nobody's perfect. :)

That's a mistake. Romney would have been horrible. Is it possible that we'd have been better off with Romney (don't forget the plutocrat poster boy Paul Ryan) and not trump? Yes, it's possible, but you don't know that when you choose in 2012. Our biggest mistake in decades was Democrats not nominating Bernie in 2016.

That's a mistake. Romney would have been horrible. Is it possible that we'd have been better off with Romney (don't forget the plutocrat poster boy Paul Ryan) and not trump? Yes, it's possible, but you don't know that when you choose in 2012. Our biggest mistake in decades was Democrats not nominating Bernie in 2016.
Romney better than Trump for sure, but he still would have pushed the standard GOP garbage trickle down agenda and stacked the SC per the orders of McConnel as Trump is doing. However, I do believe COVID would have been much better managed under his watch compared to the piece of garbage we havr now.

Romney better than Trump for sure, but he still would have pushed the standard GOP garbage trickle down agenda and stacked the SC per the orders of McConnel as Trump is doing. However, I do believe COVID would have been much better managed under his watch compared to the piece of garbage we havr now.

I agree, but he'd have been much worse than Obama. To repeat, the biggest mistake in decades was not picking Bernie in 2016.

Since Romney is a bitter, tantrum throwing, backstabbing Republican-hating Democrat what difference would it make to you? Obama. Romney. No difference other than Romney is a backstabber.

It just means Trump would have beat Romney in the Republican primary in 2016 and become president anyway.

I understand.

That said, Trump gives voice to a movement, as did the Tea Party in its day. That would not have gone away. Sooner or later an iconoclast candidate was inevitable. Trump is merely exceptionally brash.

After losing the Senate in 10 Obama never had a chance to accomplish any of the "promise and hope" he was elected for; Moscow Mitch saw to that.

I agree Romney would have been a terrible President for the hopes and dreams of most AmeriCANs but he wouldn't be leaving OUR Country, in this election, on the brink of colapse as Trump is doing in 3 1/2.

After losing the Senate in 10 Obama never had a chance to accomplish any of the "promise and hope" he was elected for; Moscow Mitch saw to that.

I agree Romney would have been a terrible President for the hopes and dreams of most AmeriCANs but he wouldn't be leaving OUR Country, in this election, on the brink of colapse as Trump is doing in 3 1/2.
This is a cop out. Compare to Clinton 2005.

Obama had more leverage in 2009 than any President since Roosevelt. Yet, all he passed was one deeply flawed healthcare law. He rarely talked to leadership in his own party and never to Republicans. Trump is in constant contact.

I understand.

That said, Trump gives voice to a movement, as did the Tea Party in its day. That would not have gone away. Sooner or later an iconoclast candidate was inevitable. Trump is merely exceptionally brash.

I will give you the posiblity that a clash of ideologies was looming, but NOBODY but Trump would have brought the hatred and division we've experienced or the inept corruption he IS that has/is resulting in so MANY AmeriCANs dying each day.

Since Romney is a bitter, tantrum throwing, backstabbing Republican-hating Democrat what difference would it make to you? Obama. Romney. No difference other than Romney is a backstabber.

It just means Trump would have beat Romney in the Republican primary in 2016 and become president anyway.

Trump wouldn't have ran in 16 and would be to old now to run for the first time. I'm not arguing Romney's character ... but he, at least has some where Trump is devoid of ANY.

This is a cop out. Compare to Clinton 2005.

Obama had more leverage in 2009 than any President since Roosevelt. Yet, all he passed was one deeply flawed healthcare law. He rarely talked to leadership in his own party and never to Republicans. Trump is in constant contact.

Jay it would really help if you would post in coherent sentences.

In 2009 President Obama was up to his ass in aligators (thanks Dubya) and only great diplomacy brought enough of a coalition together to pass the ACA in any form. By the time he had put out the fire of the Great Recession he'd lost the Senate and his chance to accomplish anything more.

That's basically right.

But we didn't know that then, and for that matter, we don't know just how bad a Romney presidency would have been. For that matter also, there's no saying guarantee trump wouldn't have run an insurgent challenge and won in 2016 anyway. trump did beat 16 'normal' politicians. Republicans helped created the 'tea party' type anti-establishment voters, and have to deal with it.

Jay it would really help if you would post in coherent sentences.

In 2009 President Obama was up to his ass in aligators (thanks Dubya) and only great diplomacy brought enough of a coalition together to pass the ACA in any form. By the time he had put out the fire of the Great Recession he'd lost the Senate and his chance to accomplish anything more.
o_O:LOL:(n)

Diplomatic is even less appropriate for Obama than Trump. Coalition is also funny, since Republican input was scorned.

Passing Obama's failings as having too many issues to cope is revisionist. The economy was already recovering by the second quarter. What else was there? Trump 2017 was at least as difficult as Obama 2009, but he accomplished much more.

Instead of your campaign slogan about Biden-Harris, how about A Return To Sanity. My campaign slogan, ADULT 2020.

o_O:LOL:(n)

Diplomatic is even less appropriate for Obama than Trump. Coalition is also funny, since Republican input was scorned.

Passing Obama's failings as having too many issues to cope is revisionist. The economy was already recovering by the second quarter. What else was there? Trump 2017 was at least as difficult as Obama 2009, but he accomplished much more.

That's all bullshit! Right wing BullSHIT!

That's basically right.

But we didn't know that then, and for that matter, we don't know just how bad a Romney presidency would have been. For that matter also, there's no saying guarantee trump wouldn't have run an insurgent challenge and won in 2016 anyway. trump did beat 16 'normal' politicians. Republicans helped created the 'tea party' type anti-establishment voters, and have to deal with it.

Trump, nor anyone else would have challenged an incumbant; never happen.

Instead of your campaign slogan about Biden-Harris, how about A Return To Sanity. My campaign slogan, ADULT 2020.

I had that as part of my sig for awhile. I've always claimed, counter to Trump's slogan, that America IS GREAT. But then it dawned on me that Trump in 3 1/2 years has made his slogan valid, when it wasn't before.

That's all bullshit! Right wing BullSHIT!
:rolleyes:

This, unfortunately, is your standard reaction to unwelcome facts. It is a fact that the economy bottomed before Obama was able to do anything at all, literally in his first full quarter.

Trump, nor anyone else would have challenged an incumbant; never happen.

You're just wrong, both about trump, and history - apparently you don't know about Reagan challenging Ford, or Ted Kennedy challenging Carter, for example. While such challenges haven't won yet, Teddy Roosevelt, after losing his, did cause the defeat of the incumbent, Taft, by running third party.

You're just wrong, both about trump, and history - apparently you don't know about Reagan challenging Ford, or Ted Kennedy challenging Carter, for example. While such challenges haven't won yet, Teddy Roosevelt, after losing his, did cause the defeat of the incumbent, Taft, by running third party.

I don't think I am "wrong", both Carter and Ford prevailed. It was Roosevelt that unhinged his own party's prospects because of his big mouth. But that has noting to do with Trump/Romney; if Trump had run 3rd party he wouldn't have even registered on the rictor scale.

Back
Top Bottom