• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I wish I would have voted for Romney

I don't think I am "wrong", both Carter and Ford prevailed. It was Roosevelt that unhinged his own party's prospects because of his big mouth. But that has noting to do with Trump/Romney; if Trump had run 3rd party he wouldn't have even registered on the rictor scale.

You're saying you weren't wrong, by changing the topic from your claim "nor anyone else would have challenged an incumbant; never happen. ", which clearly HAS happened, to the challenger having to WIN, which is not what you said nor what I responded about. Roosevelt didn't 'have a big mouth', his causing his party to lose was his intent as I understand.

IF Mitt Romney would have beaten Obama in 2012 Donald J. Trump would NEVER have become president; and that would have been, in hindsight, the best of possibilities for our Country.

I might've voted for Romney. I like the guy.

IF Mitt Romney would have beaten Obama in 2012 Donald J. Trump would NEVER have become president; and that would have been, in hindsight, the best of possibilities for our Country.

I would be careful about letting a group of people - especially a 40% minority of Americans - corral you into voting for their guy because if you don't, next time around they'll inflict something far worse on you.

That's an abusive relationship.

Trump is Obama's only remaining legacy. I for one am glad both McCain and Romney lost. We survived Obama who warmed a chair for the most part. Had either won the Republican party would have become a permanent minority party.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I don't think I am "wrong", both Carter and Ford prevailed. It was Roosevelt that unhinged his own party's prospects because of his big mouth. But that has noting to do with Trump/Romney; if Trump had run 3rd party he wouldn't have even registered on the rictor scale.
Estes Kefauver challenged Truman in 1952, Truman withdrew, Eisenhower won the presidency
McCarthy challenged LBJ in 1968, LBJ withdrew, Nixon won the presidency
Reagan challenged Ford in 1976, Ford prevailed, but lost to Carter
Ted Kennedy challenged Carter in 1980, Carter prevailed, but lost to Reagan
Pat Buchanan challenged G.H.W. Bush in 1992, Bush prevailed, but lost to Bill Clinton

When you own sitting president is challenged from within your own party, the results haven't been good. The out of power party won every time.

After losing the Senate in 10 Obama never had a chance to accomplish any of the "promise and hope" he was elected for; Moscow Mitch saw to that.

I agree Romney would have been a terrible President for the hopes and dreams of most AmeriCANs but he wouldn't be leaving OUR Country, in this election, on the brink of colapse as Trump is doing in 3 1/2.
It's only the collapse of liberalism and I owe Trump one hell of a lot for that. He could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and I'd still vote for him.

I would be careful about letting a group of people - especially a 40% minority of Americans - corral you into voting for their guy because if you don't, next time around they'll inflict something far worse on you.

That's an abusive relationship.

Oh, absolutely. BUT, in the past I've bragged about working on President Obama's reelection so hard and diligently that one of my most treasured momentoes is a Christmas Card from Him and his family. But as much as i believed in the man, and if I had it to do all over ... I'd do it all over ... again; in my nightmares about OUR Nation, I realize that if Romney had won ... It might have been a good thing, the only difference would be the insanity the Trump has inflicted on OUR NATION.

Back
Top Bottom