• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Wish Al Gore's Win Had Stayed Out Of The Right Wing Supreme Court

I've heard all the standard malarkey about Clinton borrowing from social security, about him not having a surplus and all the other convenient bold faced lies told by jealous Republicans. If Bush had let the surpluses continue to buy back debt the way Clinton had been doing during his last three fiscal years the debt was scheduled to be completely paid down and clear by 2012. What was the first thing Bush did? Two tax cuts, 2001 and 2003 using reconciliation to block opposition from the Democrats and Voila!! Surpluses gone. Then the crazy guy started two unfunded wars and because he didn't want to admit the tax cuts were a huge mistake he never raised the rates back and proceeded to double Reagan and his daddy's debt from $5.7 trillion to nearly $12 trillion. It's tax cuts for the wealthy which made a disaster of our national debt.

Since Al Gore was wrapped up in the Clinton surpluses you can bet your bippy he would have not cut tax rates for the wealthy. He wouldn't have invaded Iraq either.

Damn. Now I know who you are. Hi Al!

Back
Top Bottom