• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I will never criticize Trump ‘because God chose the man’.

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Right-wing pastor: I will never criticize Trump ‘because God chose the man’.​

renderTimingPixel.png

https://deadstate.org/right-wing-pastor-i-will-never-criticize-trump-because-god-chose-the-man/
During a recent livestream, Mississippi pro-Trump pastor Shane Vaughn said that people who dare to criticize Donald Trump are going against God’s plan.
“This is about a God that appointed a man, and you see, I’ve got enough Italian in me to know to know what loyalty means,” Vaughn said. “Here’s the way it works for me: I love loyalty. Loyalty is a forgotten quality. Donald Trump, you fought for my family, my family will fight for you.”

When a pastor is publicly endorsing a specific candidate like this, shouldn't his church lose tax exemption?

I don't think so, if they did then any business that got any sort of tax write off or subsidies should be subjected to the same loss of 1st amendment rights

If the religoius premise is one which states that God has supreme sovereignty over his creation, then naturally it would follow that he allowed for Donald Trump, Barrack Obama, FDR, Hitler, Caesar, and Moses too would it not?

I don't think so, if they did then any business that got any sort of tax write off or subsidies should be subjected to the same loss of 1st amendment rights
it isn't just a tax write-off...churches are tax-exempt due to their status as a church....however, they are forbidden from involving themselves in direct endorsement of candidates from the pulpit. When they do this they can absolutely lose their status.

“ I’ve got enough Italian in me to know to know what loyalty means,” Vaughn said. “Here’s the way it works for me: I love loyalty. Loyalty is a forgotten quality. Donald Trump, you fought for my family, my family will fight for you.”

Wow. This sounds like a classic line right out of the Godfather movies.

Last edited:

renderTimingPixel.png

https://deadstate.org/right-wing-pastor-i-will-never-criticize-trump-because-god-chose-the-man/
During a recent livestream, Mississippi pro-Trump pastor Shane Vaughn said that people who dare to criticize Donald Trump are going against God’s plan.
“This is about a God that appointed a man, and you see, I’ve got enough Italian in me to know to know what loyalty means,” Vaughn said. “Here’s the way it works for me: I love loyalty. Loyalty is a forgotten quality. Donald Trump, you fought for my family, my family will fight for you.”

It reminds me of what they say about the philosophy of the Hell's Angels, summarized as "right or wrong, we're right" and how they will back each other up with violence no questions asked.

Hunter S. Thompson himself ran around with them and wrote a book, but was never a member and they apparently beat him half to death over a minor argument.

Pretty simplistic thinking, but it obviously saves brain power for other topics they find more important than actually evaluating a person's history, goals, and qualifications.

That ****'s boring, and people who think like this aren't typically saints themselves, so they aren't all hung up on morals and ethics.

If the religoius premise is one which states that God has supreme sovereignty over his creation, then naturally it would follow that he allowed for Donald Trump, Barrack Obama, FDR, Hitler, Caesar, and Moses too would it not?
If this were about religion. This is pure grift.

Loyalty for individuals is a refuge of scoundrels. You can be sure a person demanding personal loyalty is about to **** you over. Loyalty is for principles. Uphold my principles and you have my loyalty. Abandon them and I will act against you in any legal way I can.

If someone suggests anyone should have personal loyalty towards them, I will laugh in their face and call them scum.

You can be sure my loyalty is to principles.

The Republican Party has captured the minds of those who live in the rural counties of America. Trump's followers are mostly farmers and rural shopkeepers. They lack education and they are not well-informed. Most of what they know about politics is by word of mouth.

Trump's base lies in the South, and, for reasons unknown to them, he has captured the minds of evangelicals.

That doesn't make sense. You know that, right?

Absolutely. It's doesnt make sense that the government can take away someone's 1st amendment right because they give them a tax exemption

You would have to be a fascist asshole to support that.

Absolutely. It's doesnt make sense that the government can take away someone's 1st amendment right because they give them a tax exemption

There are laws for non-profits regarding political speech. Sorry you don't like the one related to churches.

Fascist asshole to make churches follow an agreement that allows them to maintain a privileged spot that the rest of us do not have? Whut?….

Isn't the pastor himself also chosen by God? So that means we shouldn't criticize him, right?

This isn't really about Trump. This is about self-serving bs.

renderTimingPixel.png

So we're back to the divine right of Kings?

<sigh>

Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work, people. The planet is spinning backwards.

Could I apply for a No-Criticism card based on being chosen myself. God just has to chose me for something, pretty much anything, right? I want my card.

Tax exempt status is different than subsidies to businesses, and the status requires the entity to not engage in politics.

Back
Top Bottom