• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I was asked if I blamed Biden for the war in Ukraine

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I almost laughed. I said how could anyone with a working brain cell blame Biden for the war. This war is all about one man and that is Putin. You can say you do not like how Biden is handling our helping Ukraine, too much or too little depending on your view. This war was going to start no matter who was president. Putin had stacked away over 650 billion dollars over many years to prepare for sanctions, never believing that countries would take away his ability to get to that money. This war was years in the making, not just the past year since Biden was in office.

OIP.M-fk-YYTuVih86X0JKyAYAHaEK

Joe-Biden-Rev-T.jpg

You can rightly blame Putin for the invasion. But the timing and urgency on Putin's part is directly related to Joe Biden, longstanding Democratic Party and EU foreign policy, and his concern about NATO overtures to Ukraine.

Even Bernie says this. None of that excuses Putin and his war crimes, but this all happened in context of a much broader picture, not in a vacuum.

Russia did not attack Ukraine because of Biden.

Then again, I'm not that desperate to excuse the Russian dictator and explain away the Ukraine invasion like the Putin apologists.

The responsibility for the invasion rests with Putin.

I almost laughed. I said how could anyone with a working brain cell blame Biden for the war. This war is all about one man and that is Putin. You can say you do not like how Biden is handling our helping Ukraine, too much or too little depending on your view. This war was going to start no matter who was president. Putin had stacked away over 650 billion dollars over many years to prepare for sanctions, never believing that countries would take away his ability to get to that money. This war was years in the making, not just the past year since Biden was in office.

Almost laughed? How about crying at the total human misery and devastation that Biden caused then.

Biden should have started evacuations weeks ago, but I guess Ukrainians are not 'woke' enough or the right color to become US Refugees, then US Citizens, right?

You can rightly blame Putin for the invasion. But the timing and urgency on Putin's part is directly related to Joe Biden, longstanding Democratic Party and EU foreign policy, and his concern about NATO overtures to Ukraine.
Don't care. This is like blaming the rape victim because they wore sexy clothing. Ukraine is an independent country and has the right to associate with whomever it wishes. If Russia didn't want them cozying up to NATO, perhaps he shouldn't have been fanning flames in the eastern portion of the country or, gee I dunno, INVADING IT EIGHT YEARS AGO.

Funny how dropping your military might on a nation might make them want to explore community defense options with your adversaries.

Even Bernie says this.
Bernie's still an imbecile.

None of that excuses Putin and his war crimes, but this all happened in context of a much broader picture, not in a vacuum.
That "much broader picture" is still Putin's fault.

Even Bernie says this. None of that excuses Putin and his war crimes, but this all happened in context of a much broader picture, not in a vacuum.
Why not blame Trump? Makes just as much sense.

Everything that is being done now to combat Putin should have been undertaken in 2014 when he invaded Crimea. But Ukraine was either unprepared, or unwilling, to go to war with Russia over Crimea as it is now, so the necessary support from the western alliance never materialized. Nevertheless, it's very interesting to go down the voting list on UN Resolution 68/262 - especially those who abstained.

I almost laughed. I said how could anyone with a working brain cell blame Biden for the war.
And it's funny to me to read this...
it's not the first time I see such an opinion and it reminds me of the "conspiracy theory" about Tamerlane's grave... there is a myth in Russian culture that there is (or rather there was) a curse of Tamerlane, that if someone opens his crypt, the most terrible war will begin... his grave was opened by Soviet archeologists before the Second World War. And many people sincerely believe in this myth that it was the opening of the crypt that caused it...
Only it's not serious. All the participants in the conflict had been preparing for the Second World War for many years, it was not some spirit of Tamerlane that forced Hitler to give an order one terrible night. No. The war is worked out by statisticians, logistics calculations are made, the General Staff conducts military tactical games on maps, etc. This is not done in one start, it takes years.

The current crisis in Ukraine is a consequence of many events and is the result of a long preparation. Putin did not wake up abruptly on the night of February 24 giving orders to attack, it was the result of a long preparation and this is only the first act of a new global confrontation between the Chinese Russian Union and the United States. The result of this confrontation will be a new world order. The confrontation that has begun will go on for years, approximately the denouement will come in the 2030s.
Is Biden personally to blame for what is happening? No, this is ridiculous, even if he were not an old grandfather and a capable leader, he simply would not be able to stop the coming crisis, other interested parties would not allow him. Moreover, I strongly doubt that even Putin could have turned away from this path, the American hawks did everything to push Russia into a conflict with the West and into an alliance with China.

I'm leaving for country 404 tomorrow to finish what I started... I hope we'll continue this conversation when it's over.

RWrs criticize Obama and Biden for not doing more for Ukraine. However, they didn't "do more" because Europe was not interested in coalition of "more" support. The US should not always be the one doing the disproportionate lifting in matters like this. Russia invading eastern Ukraine is the same as when they invaded Ukraine's Crimea. The Western response was too little to do with Crimea and too late in responding to the Russian buildup of forces along the Ukraine-Russia border. I'm more interested in what were the efforts of the US in attempting to gain Euro support for Ukraine due to the Crimean invasion and leading up to the invasion of eastern Ukraine. The US and world public need to be told the truth of the whole matter. The public is owed explanation from Biden and Obama. Trump doesn't have the capital to pay any explanation owed. His word is worthless.

"... how could anyone with a working brain cell blame Biden for the war."

There's a lot of people, a lot, who don't have two neurons to rub together to make a logical connection.

Blame Biden!

That is what the right does.

That list is quite long and all bullshit!

I think Biden is doing an excellent job for the NATO alliance and maintaining calm. I can tell you as someone that is following European media, not only the bubble of CNN/FOX News he is well viewed. By both the media and in the trust of people.

In regards to a blame, the issue is complex.

I recommend this documentary from ARTE:
*Arte is an European public service from France/Germany.

Almost laughed? How about crying at the total human misery and devastation that Biden caused then.

Biden should have started evacuations weeks ago, but I guess Ukrainians are not 'woke' enough or the right color to become US Refugees, then US Citizens, right?
Biden did do something right:

image_2022-03-16_071301.png

I almost laughed. I said how could anyone with a working brain cell blame Biden for the war.
they cant , and theres your answer right there
only the most tinfoil hat bat shit insane nutter tards would try to do so but nobody honest, educated and objective right left and center will take them seriously

Don't care. This is like blaming the rape victim because they wore sexy clothing. Ukraine is an independent country and has the right to associate with whomever it wishes. If Russia didn't want them cozying up to NATO, perhaps he shouldn't have been fanning flames in the eastern portion of the country or, gee I dunno, INVADING IT EIGHT YEARS AGO.

Poor analogy. Here's a better one: Police begin surrounding neighborhood known for crime where they increase surveillance, start parking SWAT vans, triple the patrol officers, sign up surrounding neighborhoods in Crime Watch, spend 5 years using international media to say neighborhood is evil, threaten to cut off electricity, water, and food. Meanwhile, one of the adjacent neighborhoods who wanted to join Crime Watch hired the mayors son for a job to do nothing as a bribe, but the Crime Watch paperwork wasn't complete and/or the mayor was never sincere.

Now, don't get me wrong, there's much there I support (except Hunter Biden) but this isn't a case of blaming the rape victim. The US has been mounting pressure since Hillary's diplomacy fell apart and democrats created the Russia Hoax.

Fact.

What’s your source for Ukrainians wanting to come to the US to be citizens en masse?

Back
Top Bottom