• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"I Want To Be In The Trump Party": GOP Voter Registration Surges In PA

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
‘I want to be in the Trump party’: GOP rides voter registration surge in key state - POLITICO

"President Donald Trump has trailed Joe Biden in virtually every poll in Pennsylvania this year.

But there’s a more tangible piece of data in the state that tells a different story: Since 2016, Republicans have netted nearly seven times as many registered voters here than Democrats.

The GOP has added almost 198,000 registered voters to the books compared to this time four years ago, whereas Democrats have gained an extra 29,000."

This all accompanies news that the Cook Report has moved Florida and Nevada further towards the right...

Electoral College Rating Changes: Florida and Nevada Shift Right | The Cook Political Report

‘I want to be in the Trump party’: GOP rides voter registration surge in key state - POLITICO

"President Donald Trump has trailed Joe Biden in virtually every poll in Pennsylvania this year.

But there’s a more tangible piece of data in the state that tells a different story: Since 2016, Republicans have netted nearly seven times as many registered voters here than Democrats.

The GOP has added almost 198,000 registered voters to the books compared to this time four years ago, whereas Democrats have gained an extra 29,000."

This all accompanies news that the Cook Report has moved Florida and Nevada further towards the right...

Electoral College Rating Changes: Florida and Nevada Shift Right | The Cook Political Report

I guess if you only read the first sentence of that paragraph in the politico article that might seem like a big deal... The next sentence kinda hurts though...

The GOP has added almost 198,000 registered voters to the books compared to this time four years ago, whereas Democrats have gained an extra 29,000. Though Democrats still outnumber Republicans by about 750,000 voters in the state, the GOP has seized on their uptick in party members as a sign that Trump is on track to win this critical Rust Belt swing state a second time.

I guess if you only read the first sentence of that paragraph in the politico article that might seem like a big deal... The next sentence kinda hurts though...

The GOP has added almost 198,000 registered voters to the books compared to this time four years ago, whereas Democrats have gained an extra 29,000. Though Democrats still outnumber Republicans by about 750,000 voters in the state, the GOP has seized on their uptick in party members as a sign that Trump is on track to win this critical Rust Belt swing state a second time.

Democrats outnumbered Republicans even more in 2016. And Trump won.

Don’t see how that’s a negative, look at the second half of the sentence you bolded.

PA could go the way of 2016 where Trump wins just enough counties without the popular vote. I think what also happened that year though is Dems stayed home because a lot of people in the state really hated Clinton and those folks won't feel the same about Biden. The state went for Obama before that and swung back to the Dems in the 2018 midterms.

They got one thing right - this is a Trump party now, not a Republican party.

Democrats outnumbered Republicans even more in 2016. And Trump won.

Don’t see how that’s a negative, look at the second half of the sentence you bolded.

True. A number of Democrats were fooled by Trump, who told them that he would make healthcare better. They now have four years of experience with him. Not only are Democrats coming back but many Republicans, especially in suburbs, are appalled by Trump and are voting Democratic.

Trump won by 44,000 votes in PA and now is behind by 5%.

I can always tell when TRump gets bad polling news - someone posts a self-soothing “no really, TRump’s got this” thread.

The operative words are "a sign" not that it's a forgone conclusion. There are many factors on the other side to counter-balance.

Back
Top Bottom