• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I want this disease

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Just heard about this and it cracked me up, not a bad disease really.:lol:

" Auto-Brewery Syndrome: Apparently, You Can Make Beer In Your Gut This medical case may give a whole new meaning to the phrase "beer gut."
A 61-year-old man — with a history of home-brewing — stumbled into a Texas emergency room complaining of dizziness. Nurses ran a Breathalyzer test. And sure enough, the man's blood alcohol concentration was a whopping 0.37 percent, or almost five times the legal limit for driving in Texas.
There was just one hitch: The man said that he hadn't touched a drop of alcohol that day.

Auto-Brewery Syndrome: Apparently, You Can Make Beer In Your Gut : The Salt : NPR

That's pretty damned weird!

I knew there was a reason I've been taking all those probiotics. Just waiting to find the right one. :lol:

That's pretty damned weird!

....Yep and how long until we here of teenagers taking large quantities of antibiotics, downing some brewer's yeast, and then eating lots of food that will ferment in them for a new high? I give it 6 months until colleges are banning brewer's yeast like they do bath salt possession :shock:

As bizarre as this sounds, if it really is true it really is dangerous. The guy could keel over dead any time from alcohol poisoning. I hope to hell he doesn't have a driver's license!

As bizarre as this sounds, if it really is true it really is dangerous. The guy could keel over dead any time from alcohol poisoning. I hope to hell he doesn't have a driver's license!

I totally agree.

Just when you think that you've heard it all something like this comes along.

Some stuff that you wouldn't think is possible sometimes turns out to be possible.

I want the disease that allows my body to manufacture THC.

Good thing he didn't get pulled over by the cops on the way there. They would never buy that story.

I can see how it would happen. The human GI tract has several different bacterial strains, which aid in digestion and absorption. If you happen to have a specific variety of yeast in your gut, and the right bacteria for fermentation, then it's essentially a microbrewery in action. I'm sure it's quite rare, but theoretically, it could happen.

i'd rather not have that disorder. a baseline 0.37 BAC does not sound appealing.

I can see how it would happen. The human GI tract has several different bacterial strains, which aid in digestion and absorption. If you happen to have a specific variety of yeast in your gut, and the right bacteria for fermentation, then it's essentially a microbrewery in action. I'm sure it's quite rare, but theoretically, it could happen.

You could be a walking talking kegger, piss in peoples Dixie cups.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom