• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I want Palin on the 2012 Republican Ticket!

Do you want Palin on the 2012 Repbulican Presidential Ticket?

• Total voters

LizardofOz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Sarah Palin for the Republican 2012 candidate anyone? I have even personally thought about volunteering for her campaign.

Seriously, it will kill THREE birds with one stone--insure that Obama can make a mark for the better (by obviously crushing her), defuse the tea party fad (the current BS one not the legit one thast it started out for its first like month of existence) created by political think tanks and finally get rid of the Paris Hilton of politics, and God bless Mr. McCain but, erase the worst mistake he has made in his entire life.

So who's with me?! PALIN! PALIN! PALIN! PALIN!

Where you sailin? I'm sailin' with Palin baby! Drill baby drill!

She is INCREDIBLY popular right now. I read somewhere that if primaries were to be held for the GOP right now she would likely win. I understand why people and certain groups (specifically women and dirty old men) like her, but I seriously doubt they would like Presidential nominee Sarah Palin nearly as much and much of her fanbase would turn on her.

I voted no. Too many people hate her like they hated Bush. I wouldn't want to deal with 8 yrs of liberal Palin bashing. We have enough of that now.

I voted no. Too many people hate her like they hated Bush. I wouldn't want to deal with 8 yrs of liberal Palin bashing. We have enough of that now.

True that. You can add that to 8 years of Clinton bashing too. Besides, we still have 6 more years to bash Obama yet before it's the liberal's turn. 24 years of non-stop partisan bashing. Will it ever get old?

It’s all a dog and pony show so it really does not matter.

I'd much rather see them run a legitimate candidate who might actually have some good ideas on how to help the country if he/she were elected. The chances of Palin actually winning a national election are vanishingly small, but can you imagine how bad things would be if she actually managed to win? She'd make bush look like einstein.

She is INCREDIBLY popular right now. I read somewhere that if primaries were to be held for the GOP right now she would likely win. I understand why people and certain groups (specifically women and dirty old men) like her, but I seriously doubt they would like Presidential nominee Sarah Palin nearly as much and much of her fanbase would turn on her.

she isn't going to be on the ticket

she is a good fundraiser but is perceived by too many people as being a lightweight intellectually and perception is reality in politics.

women who think she would be a good president are as idotic as she is.

Hell no I do not want Obama to have a 2nd term. The media should quit trying to prop up Palin. Its not that I do not think she won't make a good president its because of the fact she quit being Governor of Alaska,she claims to be pro-life but appointed pro-abortion judges to the Alaska supreme court and flip flopped on the so-called bridge to nowhere. Her quitting being Governor of Alaska is like a conservative republican handing the media his gay sex tape a week or two before elections. It seem like the media including Fox is deliberately trying to give Obama his 2nd term. Its like deliberately placing a handicap kid(Palin) in a race against an Olympic runner(Obama).

Last edited:
women who think she would be a good president are as idotic as she is.

Agreed.

I would much rather see a viable and potentially great person run on the GOP ticket. How about some real CHOICE in election candidates for POTUS.. why do we, as American's feel it's always the 'lesser of two evils'? How about demanding the two party heads back someone with integrity and honor instead of settling for the best of the bottom?

I honestly don't understand the trend that seems to have spiraled out of control since the Kerry/Bush election... what has happened to our country that we can't come up with two (preferably MORE) candidates that adequately represent American's?

There is something intrinsically wrong when the Miss America beauty pageant has 50 contestants in which to choose from, and for the Commander in Chief we get a handful from each side that are low quality, talking heads for special interest groups.

Hell no I do not want Obama to have a 2nd term. The media should quit trying to prop up Palin. Its not that I do not think she won't make a good president its because of the fact she quit being Governor of Alaska,she claims to be pro-life but appointed pro-abortion judges to the Alaska supreme court and flip flopped on the so-called bridge to nowhere. Her quitting being Governor of Alaska is like a conservative republican handing the media his gay sex tape a week or two before elections. It seem like the media including Fox is deliberately trying to give Obama his 2nd term. Its like deliberately placing a handicap kid(Palin) in a race against an Olympic runner(Obama).

most of the MSM are hard core Obama-slurpers

Agreed.

I would much rather see a viable and potentially great person run on the GOP ticket. How about some real CHOICE in election candidates for POTUS.. why do we, as American's feel it's always the 'lesser of two evils'? How about demanding the two party heads back someone with integrity and honor instead of settling for the best of the bottom?

I honestly don't understand the trend that seems to have spiraled out of control since the Kerry/Bush election... what has happened to our country that we can't come up with two (preferably MORE) candidates that adequately represent American's?

There is something intrinsically wrong when the Miss America beauty pageant has 50 contestants in which to choose from, and for the Commander in Chief we get a handful from each side that are low quality, talking heads for special interest groups.

Miss America constestants don't get smeared like presidential candidates do.

james, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the entire media is trying to prop Palin up. I don't really think Fox is though, Fox uses her, but at the same time they do a lot of "gotcha!" type **** to her especially O'Reily. But yeah she talks about how much she hates mainstream media but it's like she is having a gangbang with all of them every night. Let's see...her daughter is whoring herself out on a dance show (to busy to vote from all that dancing of course), Palin has a show coming on TLC, hmm I wonder when her line of clothing and jewelry will show up on HSN to raise funds for her campaign?

At this point, I could almost guarantee she would get the nomination but let's see how much of a train wreck her and her entire family is in the next 2 years and see if someone with as much stature as her pops their head out of the GOP to take her down.

she isn't going to be on the ticket

she is a good fundraiser but is perceived by too many people as being a lightweight intellectually and perception is reality in politics.

Well the fact that she has a reality show on the discovery channel may add to that....

I vote YES. But only if Palin is on the top of the ticket. My choice for VP would be Ron or Rand Paul..... Tweedledee or Tweedledum - it makes no difference to me.

It would be 1964 and Barry Goldwater all over again. Happy days are here again!!!!!

I vote YES. But only if Palin is on the top of the ticket. My choice for VP would be Ron or Rand Paul..... Tweedledee or Tweedledum - it makes no difference to me.

It would be 1964 and Barry Goldwater all over again. Happy days are here again!!!!!

be careful what you wish for

dems ran a completely unqualified clown for president and the guy won

Palin should definitely be the GOP's choice for the top of the ticket. She is the best candidate that the GOP has and definitely the most popular. FoxNews should be pushing her and the Republican party should be encouraging her to speak every possible time that she can. I would love to see a Palin ticket in 2012

Palin should definitely be the GOP's choice for the top of the ticket. She is the best candidate that the GOP has and definitely the most popular. FoxNews should be pushing her and the Republican party should be encouraging her to speak every possible time that she can. I would love to see a Palin ticket in 2012

Yawn, not going to happen. subtlety apparently is a lost art among the libs

I'd much rather see them run a legitimate candidate who might actually have some good ideas on how to help the country if he/she were elected. The chances of Palin actually winning a national election are vanishingly small, but can you imagine how bad things would be if she actually managed to win? She'd make bush look like einstein.

Any specific hopefuls you can think of?

Yawn, not going to happen. subtlety apparently is a lost art among the libs

And common sense is lost on all you cons, because that's exactly what you're going to do. Hell, even Rove was forced onto the Palin bandwagon to save face. Given the populism movement we're seeing now, I'd say Disney is spot on to what plenty of tea partiers want.

And could you please stop stereo-typing all liberals? It gets a bit old, and logically its baseless.

And common sense is lost on all you cons, because that's exactly what you're going to do. Hell, even Rove was forced onto the Palin bandwagon to save face. Given the populism movement we're seeing now, I'd say Disney is spot on to what plenty of tea partiers want.

And could you please stop stereo-typing all liberals? It gets a bit old, and logically its baseless.

you didn't just make a generalization

how much are you willing to bet that Palin will be the nominee?

I have a k that says she won't be. You want to make a bet. You appear to be a gentleman of honor. Your word is good enough for me

you didn't just make a generalization

how much are you willing to bet that Palin will be the nominee?

I have a k that says she won't be. You want to make a bet. You appear to be a gentleman of honor. Your word is good enough for me

I really don't like gambling, and its a gamble to project that far ahead into politics. I'm willing to support Disney's statements about Fox because they operate as a business. I'm not willing to bet anything that Palin might actually be the presidential nominee. In truth, I think its msot likely the media will spend most of its time covering Palin (if she runs, but I think she's going to at least try), and the rest of the GOP candidates are going to be left out in the cold. What that ends up causing is above my pay-grade, but I imagine its bad for the GOP candidates.

My generalization about conservative people having no common sense was sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom