• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I want my tax dollars to pay! = never lose insurance coverage for any reason and insurance industry does not dictate which doctor or care facility

And yet the midterms are shaking up to be the same "shellacking" Obama and Clinton got.

I get the idea to blame it all on something else, protect who you support, but it is not looking good for the voters to agree with your view of them.

I just find absurd the suggestion that the problem is that Biden is spending too much time pushing Medicare for All. This is alternate universe stuff.

I just find absurd the suggestion that the problem is that Biden is spending too much time pushing Medicare for All. This is alternate universe stuff.

Not Biden, I never said that, now you are being dishonest.

What I said was Democrats trying this Medicare for All dozens of times over to varying degrees of failure.

Not Biden, I never said that, now you are being dishonest.

What I said was Democrats trying this Medicare for All dozens of times over to varying degrees of failure.

You cited the example of Clinton and Obama, presumably because you know people vote based on what the President is doing. Biden and the Dems will be known for the Rescue Plan, the infrastructure bill, and Build Back Better. Medicare for All isn't even a footnote in this Congress.

You cited the example of Clinton and Obama, presumably because you know people vote based on what the President is doing. Biden and the Dems will be known for the Rescue Plan, the infrastructure bill, and Build Back Better. Medicare for All isn't even a footnote in this Congress.

I cited what happened to them, and I cited why. Again you are intentionally misrepresenting what I said.

And now you want to talk about something other than Medicare for All.

Your attempt to hide from this is noted.

I cited what happened to them, and I cited why. Again you are intentionally misrepresenting what I said.

And now you want to talk about something other than Medicare for All.

Your attempt to hide from this is noted.

Again, just pointing out that the notion that anyone would base a vote on the idea that this Congress is spending too much time advancing Medicare for All is absurd on its face.

Come on man, lets be serious. How about a boob job and a face lift in there.
no way jose ..... always a conservative right wing nut asking for more than necessary.

Are your boobs and face in trouble?

= I want my tax dollars to pay!
= Never losing health insurance for any reason
= Bankruptcy due to health care would be history
= Health Care remains private industry
= Health Care Providers ALWAYS get paid thus keeping cost of healthcare in check

WHEREAS, H.R. 676 would cover every person in the U.S. for all necessary medical care including:
prescription drugs
hospital
surgical
outpatient services
primary and preventive care
emergency services
dental
mental health
home health
physical therapy
rehabilitation (including for substance abuse)
vision care
chiropractic
long-term care.

H.R. 676 ends deductibles and co-payments.

H.R. 676 would save billions annually by eliminating high overhead and profits of the private health insurance industry and HMOs.

The transition to national health insurance would apply the savings from costly administration and profits to expanded and improved coverage for all.

Approximately 2.6 million jobs will become available through Single Payer Insurance = pays for itself.
some strong points of the health insurance for all ......... over and above health care

= Health Care Providers ALWAYS get paid thus keeping cost of healthcare in check

Yes this has been on the table for awhile. The anti best health insurance world for Americans spent $1,000,000 health care a day to stop this the first time by funneling the money through the US Chamber of commerce. Filling the media with loads of lies,

The people who would benefit the most apparently accept this type of corruption and then shell out more and more and more money for less coverage aka underinsured.

Now right wing nut conservatives have never stopped bringing back their disdain for women's rights aka anti choice. Yes year after year for many more years than Insurance for ALL has been on the table and this year they may be successful. SO this must be the tactic that works.

Thus we keep trying until we the the greater majority get what we need. There is no need to give up!

This is one more reason to never vote republican again.

One of my very good friends has NJ Medicaid for her children (they meet the income guidelines)

This is a government program…so like what you’re describing

And guess what? She can’t find a doctor, dentist, urgent care within 25 miles that will accept it (Aetna Family Care of NJ or something like that) because providers aren’t receiving payment from the plan in the agreed upon timeframe.

Do you suspect that the crack your friend's kids fell through applies to

5%
10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
60%
70%
80%
or 90% of NJ Medicaid recipients?

If it's five or ten percent, well, all I can say is, perfection is mighty difficult and that's probably as good as it gets, and your friend will have to drive farther.
My SON has LA Care, part of the Covered California Medicaid system, and with his five major heart defects, the only hospital sophisticated enough to treat him
is UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center in Westwood, which is West Los Angeles...a guaranteed one hour commute each way from Whittier, two hours or more if it's rush hour.

There's a CRAP TON of hospitals around us, all within one to five miles, but the kind of cardiologist he needs has to specialize in treating Fontan patients, and at 26 years of age,
HIS Fontan is described as a FAILING Fontan, meaning that he's under the gun to get in good enough shape to be a heart transplant candidate.

It doesn't get any better than that for MY son either, but we're grateful that we can get any treatment at all, because had it not been for the S-CHIP program when he was a toddler,
and the ACA a few years ago, he'd have been buried in the ground a long time ago...like at age four most likely.

Do you suspect that the crack your friend's kids fell through applies to

5%
10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
60%
70%
80%
or 90% of NJ Medicaid recipients?

If it's five or ten percent, well, all I can say is, perfection is mighty difficult and that's probably as good as it gets, and your friend will have to drive farther.
My SON has LA Care, part of the Covered California Medicaid system, and with his five major heart defects, the only hospital sophisticated enough to treat him
is UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center in Westwood, which is West Los Angeles...a guaranteed one hour commute each way from Whittier, two hours or more if it's rush hour.

There's a CRAP TON of hospitals around us, all within one to five miles, but the kind of cardiologist he needs has to specialize in treating Fontan patients, and at 26 years of age,
HIS Fontan is described as a FAILING Fontan, meaning that he's under the gun to get in good enough shape to be a heart transplant candidate.

It doesn't get any better than that for MY son either, but we're grateful that we can get any treatment at all, because had it not been for the S-CHIP program when he was a toddler,
and the ACA a few years ago, he'd have been buried in the ground a long time ago...like at age four most likely.
I honestly don’t know the percentage.

And wow…26 and Fontan. That’s amazing. I hope he gets his transplant!

I honestly don’t know the percentage.

And wow…26 and Fontan. That’s amazing. I hope he gets his transplant!

It's a tough corner he's painted into because his heart cannot maintain the 130 bpm/20 mins+ required for aerobic fat burning, and his club foot won't let him walk more than about 200 feet without pain.
He needs to drop about 65 more pounds, but it's the same 65 extra pounds that have haunted him since about age 10.
He's managed to lose 115 pounds this year but he is hitting the brick wall now.

Anyway, the point I was getting at is, while I feel sorry about your friend and their kids, no plan or system is going to work for everyone.
Our optometrist has been hurt by the ACA and yet the reason we even have enough money to even consider getting updated eyeglasses is because we didn't
get hammered by Daryl's massive "non-covered" medical bills.

It's a tough corner he's painted into because his heart cannot maintain the 130 bpm/20 mins+ required for aerobic fat burning, and his club foot won't let him walk more than about 200 feet without pain.
He needs to drop about 65 more pounds, but it's the same 65 extra pounds that have haunted him since about age 10.
He's managed to lose 115 pounds this year but he is hitting the brick wall now.

Anyway, the point I was getting at is, while I feel sorry about your friend and their kids, no plan or system is going to work for everyone.
Our optometrist has been hurt by the ACA and yet the reason we even have enough money to even consider getting updated eyeglasses is because we didn't
get hammered by Daryl's massive "non-covered" medical bills.
Random thought - but what about an exercise bike? We got my in laws one when they needed to exercise/lose weight but couldn’t really walk much post knee replacement. I know the two conditions are no way related…but it helped them some when they weren’t able to get out walking around.

115 in a year is incredible! Good for him!

WHEREAS, H.R. 676 would cover every person in the U.S. for all necessary medical care including:
prescription drugs
hospital
surgical
outpatient services
emergency services
dental
mental health
home health
physical therapy
vision care
chiropractic
long-term care.

H.R. 676 would save billions annually by eliminating high overhead and profits of the private health insurance industry and HMOs.

The transition to national health insurance would apply the savings from costly administration and profits to expanded and improved coverage for all.

Approximately 2.6 million jobs will become available through Single Payer Insurance = pays for itself.
It's why I voted for Obama the first time. I'm still waiting.

It's why I voted for Obama the first time. I'm still waiting.
In the early Obama campaign he was going to push for it. Late in the campaign he was backing away from it.
Same for bringing the troops home. He visited our town twice and twice we went to hear him. This is why I decided to vote NO on Obama of course there is no one to vote for under the right wing umbrella.

The after he was in office whistle blowers became the enemy. WTF??????

There is still Health Insurance for ALL momentum and it is growing. Health Insurance industry keeps blowing so many health care dollars on lies and misinformation which of course increases the cost of health insurance.

This issue needs to be on the ballot and out of congressional hands. The same for Social Security Insurance.

prescription drugs
hospital
surgical
outpatient services
emergency services
dental
mental health
home health
physical therapy
vision care
chiropractic
long-term care.

well said ..... national single payer healthcare is inevitable......Obamacare and Medicare must be expanded to cover all citizens for whatever is needed.....the insurance industry contributes only cost to the situation but could be converted into a productive part of both the ACA and Medicare......remove the monthly and annual insurance premiums that Americans pay (and is essentially worthless with the gigantic deductibles) convert these payments to a single payer tax......corporations and businesses should not be burdened with the healthcare costs of their employees......here again all this does is add cost to the bottom line of the product which is then passed on to we consumers.......

this is a no brainer........and it is the republicans and the insurance industries who stand in the way

"corporations and businesses should not be burdened with the healthcare costs of their employees......here again all this does is add cost to the bottom line of the product which is then passed on to we consumers.......

this is a no brainer........and it is the republicans and the insurance industries who stand in the way"

Thank you .......

I want my tax dollars to pay! Excellent use of tax dollars far far far better use than covering up the damage created by preferential tax cuts and/or tax dollar subsidies.

= I want my tax dollars to pay! Yes I Do

prescription drugs

hospital

surgical

outpatient services

emergency services

dental

mental health

home health

physical therapy

vision care

chiropractic

long-term care.

I feel bad breaking this news to ya but America isn't capable of providing it's population an affordable healthcare system, or and affordable education system. We will be sick and stupid for all eternity and some of us will be pretending to like it.

But, good news is there are several "smart" countries that have been giving this quality of life to their citizens for years. The bad news is getting into said country is a bit difficult, but worth a try. It ain't going to happen here. :devilish:

It's like a bad cycle we just can't get off, lack of education, inability to take care of our citizens, lack of education, inability to take care of our citizens, on and on it goes. I mean, look at Marjorie Greene.

prescription drugs
hospital
surgical
outpatient services
emergency services
dental
mental health
home health
physical therapy
vision care
chiropractic
long-term care.

The above just simply makes sense no matter whether one is rich or poor ......... it is smart economics.

10 reasons why single payer is the only way to go .......

== 10. Under single-payer, say goodbye to medical bankruptcies in the United States.
According to Physicians for a National Health Program and U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), more than 62 percent of the more than 2.2 million personal bankruptcies in the United States are due to medical expenses.
This problem does not just touch those with health insurance. Many of those who need to file for bankruptcy due to medical costs had health insurance coverage. Single-payer health care would provide health care for all and ensure that no one goes bankrupt due to illness.
This video explains the problem and the solution very well.
== 9. If it’s good enough for the royal baby, George Alexander Louis, it’s good enough for the United States.

===8. Single-payer would cover everyone.
I believe health care is a right – not a privilege reserved for the wealthy. Regardless of how much you have in your wallet, you would have access to doctors and hospitals under a single-payer system. In the wealthiest nation in the history of humanity, it is the least we can do.
== 7. If members of Congress tried to shut down the government to defund single-payer, they would be defunding health care coverage for themselves and their families.
Unless members of Congress and their families participate directly in a particular health care system, they can hold it hostage for political gain. Case in point: 60 members of Congress recently sent a letter to their leadership requesting that House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) shut down the government if the administration doesn’t “defund” Obamacare. If those representatives and their families received their health care through a single-payer system, they would be less inclined to defund it.
== 6. It works well in other countries.
Dozens of other industrialized countries can’t all be wrong. Their people live longer, their child mortality rate is lower and they have unrestricted access to maternity care. This is an example of where we could learn something from studying how other countries provide health care.
== 5. Transitioning to a single-payer system would save billions of dollars.
If the United States was able to move away from its private health insurance system, we could save more than $400 billion a year in administrative costs. Further savings could be obtained by adopting European-style drug pricing and provider payments.
== 4. Single-payer is simple to administer
H.R. 676, model single-payer legislation, is 30 pages long. It does not need to be thousands of pages long accompanied by a mountain of regulations. A few key principles: Universal coverage, publicly funded and publicly administered, is easy to implement.
== 3. Single-payer will increase business competitiveness.
If you remove the more than $1 trillion dollars that private employers pay for health care every year, it would greatly improve the playing field for American business. It is often stated that GM must add $1,500 to $2,000 to the sticker price of a car due to health care costs that car companies in other countries do not have to bear (i.e. Germany and Japan). Having the government be responsible for health care would improve business efficiency, productivity and employment.
== 2. You wouldn’t lose your health care if you lose your job.
Every American would have health care no matter what their employment status. Now when people lose their jobs, they also find themselves without health insurance. That’s the last thing someone needs who is trying to figure out how to meet the basic necessities of life.
== 1. Say goodbye to private insurance company abuse.
Private insurance companies have generally made their money by only insuring the healthy and denying claims for the sick. Moving toward single-payer would eliminate the perverse incentives inherent in the private insurance system and turn the focus back to helping heal the sick instead of maximizing profit.

Of course health care is a right BECAUSE we as humans were designed to be needing health care ......wouldn't it be convenient if we never had to see a doctor or a hospital?

Single Payer would be excellent use of tax dollars ..........

prescription drugs
hospital
surgical
outpatient services
emergency services
dental
mental health
home health
physical therapy
vision care
chiropractic
long-term care.

Why do some want to pay for the privilege of paying too much? over and over and over and over and over

Back
Top Bottom