• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I want my party back....

Moot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ahh, the good ol days....

YoungRepublicansSaluteLabor_1956.jpg

Ahh, the good ol days....

YoungRepublicansSaluteLabor_1956.jpg

Well that has changed drastically since. Its a bit weird though, seeing the republicans do that.

Not if you know history, for most of the time it's been repubilcans that have been more progressive, you read some old Lincoln Quotes he sounds like a communist.

Not if you know history, for most of the time it's been repubilcans that have been more progressive, you read some old Lincoln Quotes he sounds like a communist.

Yeah you read something like this by him: "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."

But then you read something like this: "I am not, nor have ever been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races."

Well that has changed drastically since. Its a bit weird though, seeing the republicans do that.

You think so? Actually I find it very Republican.
Don't forget that the original idea was to refinance social security in a fund and to be on their side not everybody has to be as friendly with the unions as the Kennedy Kids seem to have been.

Compared to the tea party and birchers everyone sounds like a communist, even George Washington.

Yeah you read something like this by him: "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."

But then you read something like this: "I am not, nor have ever been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races."

Absoluetly, history is not clear cut and straight forward unfortunately, the world isn't made up of Saints and Deamons, it's made up of individuals with Saints and Deamons within them.

You're never getting it back, not as long as corporations are lining the party's pockets.

You think so? Actually I find it very Republican.
Don't forget that the original idea was to refinance social security in a fund and to be on their side not everybody has to be as friendly with the unions as the Kennedy Kids seem to have been.

Really? I'm confused since they were rampant individualists in the 1920's and 30's so seeing them support collectivised labour is very confusing to me.
So what you are saying is that the republicans wanted to change social security into a fund that would be more republican leaning.
Problem is that the poster brags about "increased Union membership"

Back
Top Bottom