• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Voted For Eisenhower, Goldwater, Nixon Three Times

exactly, after perot since Republicans and Democrats write the election laws, they tighten them up to avoid another Perot from rising. If there is one thing the two parties agree on with no differences is in writing election laws as a mutual protection act. I also noticed that the two parties took the presidential debates away from the League of Woman Voters who had sponsored them from the get because they allowed a third party candidate in them. The Gaul of the League of Woman Voters to allow another candidate that isn't a Republican or a Democrat. That my friend was called payback.

Indeed!!

Eh, being as JFK almost destroyed planet earth by starting a nuclear war with Russia, he gets my vote as worst pres ever.

Cheating on Hilary was one of the more respectable things that Bill Clinton did, IMO. If you were married to something that looks and acts like Hilary, you'd cheat too, and no one would blame you, in fact we'd all high-five you, even if it was with Miss Piggy.

Cute, but that is not what you friends in Congress did is it? Gingrich chose to dress down the President for infidelity while at the time he himself was cheating on his 3rd wife.
That's GOP integrity for you.

Lol. The Dems are the ones who shoved their pro-abortion,ssm agenda. Then blacklisted Dems who disagreed with them.

It's happened to the Republican party. Those ass holes are so deeply in debt to the multi millionaires and big corporations that if push comes to shove they'll never hold national offices again.

So holding office has something to do with owing money to a big corporation? Good thing I paid my mortgage. Now I can run for office. NOT.

I even voted for Reagan one time although I wish I had that one back. The Republican party used to do things for the country not just their millionaire supporters. Eisenhower brought about the advent of our massive interstate highway system and had the good sense to warn Americans against a coming military/industrial complex.

Beginning when Reagan slashed tax rates for millionaires to levels not seen since depression days, continued to spend at an ever increasing rate then borrowed from foreign banks to cover the shortfall...our middle class has all but disappeared. I wouldn't vote for another Republican in a national election if I live to 100.

I might also mention that I went twenty years from 1984-2004 and didn't even show up at the polls. I kept waiting to see if the Republicans would change their stance on supporting nothing but the rich and corporations. When George W. Bush assumed a balanced budget with surpluses projected all the way to the out years, immediately cut taxes two times for his rich oil buddies, started two unfunded wars...one totally unnecessary then proceeded to double the national debt I began to vote for Democrats.

And if I buy a box of Cracker Jack I get a prize.

Eh, being as JFK almost destroyed planet earth by starting a nuclear war with Russia, he gets my vote as worst pres ever.

And how many wars did he get us involved in?

I even voted for Reagan one time although I wish I had that one back. The Republican party used to do things for the country not just their millionaire supporters. Eisenhower brought about the advent of our massive interstate highway system and had the good sense to warn Americans against a coming military/industrial complex.

Beginning when Reagan slashed tax rates for millionaires to levels not seen since depression days, continued to spend at an ever increasing rate then borrowed from foreign banks to cover the shortfall...our middle class has all but disappeared. I wouldn't vote for another Republican in a national election if I live to 100.

I might also mention that I went twenty years from 1984-2004 and didn't even show up at the polls. I kept waiting to see if the Republicans would change their stance on supporting nothing but the rich and corporations. When George W. Bush assumed a balanced budget with surpluses projected all the way to the out years, immediately cut taxes two times for his rich oil buddies, started two unfunded wars...one totally unnecessary then proceeded to double the national debt I began to vote for Democrats.

You left wing hippie tree hugging commie Liberal. The reason we are in this mess is because of people like you voting for these left wing radicals. Don't forget Reagan also . raised taxes 7 out of his 8 years in office for middle class (even added tax on unemployment, double taxing him), and asking for 32% tax and got it on ATM and capital Gain, not to mention raising the national debt from 30% to 60% and increased both size and government deficit 5 times.

despite all that mad borrow and spending the economy grow at 2.6%. Now take someone as fiscally responsible as Carter, lowest government speeding and lowest national debt since before WWII and his GDP growth at 2.4%. and Bush II by comparison... which the GDP never went over 1.9% not the mention tanking the economy at the end and losing 3 million workers and dropping the GDP to -3% in 2008.

Thank you very much for ruining the country!

Diving Mullah

That's the problem with Republicans right now. John F. Kennedy integrated the school systems and Lyndon Johnson followed up with the civil rights and voting rights acts in the mid 1960's. Have you ever wondered why 90% of Blacks vote Democrat. Add Gays, Hispanics, over half the women, over half of voters under thirty and "Houston...We've Got A Problem"

The Republican party of old is obsolete.

I'm not asking you to choose sides. Politicians are as human as anyone else, for good or ill - some are honestly good people who are trying to do the right thing, whereas some fall victim to the siren song of power. It's not wise to make sweeping judgements about them, because some of them really do take their duties to the people seriously. That, and I've yet to see someone who was completely corrupt at work be a good family man raising a good family - as one, so the other - if he's a corrupt piece of s**t at work, that doesn't change when he's with the family. So if Obama's a truly good family man, it's almost certain that he's doing his level best to do the right thing at work.

Contrary to conservative dogma, Carter was not that bad a president - he had some bad luck, but he wasn't a bad president. And before you think that's just my liberalism talking, I like Bush 41, and I think Reagan was one of the five best presidents ever. Find another strong liberal who says that!

The worst president IMO is not Dubya (though he's not far from being the worst), but Woodrow Wilson. Nearly one million Americans died from the H1N1 influenza in a period of about four months - when we had a population of about 100M - and not once did he address the matter in public. AFAIK he provided not the least bit of leadership concerning the one thing that's killed more Americans in less time than anything else. And why did he do it? Because he didn't want to hurt war morale.

Nearly one million Americans dead in four months - sorta puts the clowns we've seen lately - like Dubya - in perspective, huh?

I was thinking of Presidents during my lifetime.. but yeah, I agree on Wilson

Back
Top Bottom