• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I truly feel something's happening to me

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This morning on another discussion board this young woman was complaining about something her boyfriend does, but didn't know how to tell him. My advice was that if you want his behavior to change you're going to have to tell him. I suggested the best way to do it would be to say, "<his name> I love you so much. I really do. With that, I want to tell you that it really bothers me when we're chilling on the couch, I'm comfortable, I'm sleepy and all of the sudden you want to make love. Sometimes I just want to cuddle, so I'm going to tell you the next time I feel that way". I explained to her that her doing so may make them both feel uncomfortable for a short time, but that, "uncomfortableness" will blow over.

And she thanked me but, ok here's the weird part:

My response was to say:

"Behavior is sometimes a vehicle that wanders onto the shoulder. It is our job to gently nudge that vehicle back onto the road".

Now, guys. I know I'm not an idiot, but I really don't talk like that. Ok check out this next line:

The next time I inform someone I'm going to private message them, I'm going to say:

"I implore thee privacy be the conduit of our conversations, hence"

I'm not a heavy drinker, I don't consider M.J., "being on drugs". I sure don't think I'm insane - geez I sure hope I'm not! I don't watch game of thrones, I've never played dungeons and dragons. I don't read - you know - books.

I just don't talk like that I'm I'm perplexed as to why I can now.

Google the above quote "I implore thee privacy be the conduit of our conversations, hence", and see if you can find anyone else that has ever said anything like that. I tried it and I came up with a goose egg. I'm sorry, but I think that's weird.

I truly think I'm currently channeling someone or something. I know that sounds insane, but I'm saying it.

Last edited:
This morning on another discussion board this young woman was complaining about something her boyfriend does, but didn't know how to tell him. My advice was that if you want his behavior to change you're going to have to tell him. I suggested the best way to do it would be to say, <his name> I love you so much. I really do. With that, I want to tell you that it really bothers me when we're chilling on the couch, I'm comfortable, I'm sleepy and all of the sudden you want to make love. Sometimes I just want to cuddle, so I'm going to tell you the next time I feel that way". I explained to her that her doing so may make them both feel uncomfortable for a short time, but that, "uncomfortableness" will blow over.

My response was to say:

"Behavior is sometimes a vehicle that wanders onto the shoulder. It is our job to gently nudge that vehicle back onto the road".

Now, guys. I know I'm not an idiot, but I really don't talk like that. Ok check out this next line:

The next time I inform someone I'm going to private message them, I'm going to say:

I'm not a heavy drinker, I don't consider M.J., "being on drugs". I sure don't think I'm insane - geez I sure hope I'm not! I don't watch game of thrones, I've never played dungeons and dragons. I don't read - you know - books.

Google the above quote "I implore thee privacy be the conduit of our conversations, hence",
and see if you can find anyone else that has ever said anything like that. I tried it and I came up with a goose egg. I'm sorry, but I think that's weird.

I truly think I'm currently channeling someone or something. I know that sounds insane, but I'm saying it.

If you are truly worried. You might want to consider talking to a professional. Seems to me it's a good step at least to determine if you are or aren't crazy/possessed.

If you are truly worried. You might want to consider talking to a professional. Seems to me it's a good step at least to determine if you are or aren't crazy/possessed.

Sage advice, I shall consider it, only the revelations I periodically receive don't disturb me, they only perplex me. Should these revelations become a discomfort I will consult a physician.

Sage advice, I shall consider it, only the revelations I periodically receive don't disturb me, they only perplex me. Should these revelations become a discomfort I will consult a physician.

I know people who think it's a last resort, but it's actually a great first step.

Suffered a bit of a career setback last week. Our directors made me give away half my business. They said although those contracts in my portfolio were profitable and have been for the past 18 years, the income is not enough to compensate for a catastrophic event that might happen. In short, the reward, they said, was no longer worth the risk.

I still have 3 states I operate in, but as soon as we move all our property out, probably by mid-year, I'll be 100% out of WA and OR for the first time in over 20 years. This company I spent the last 20 years building is now a shadow of it's former self.

They're not ready to off-board me just yet. They'll need someone around to take the heat from our pissed off clients we baled on and to further clean up the mess they made.

I've been thinking a lot about my life the past few days. Different choices I've made. Whether or not I should have relocated with my current company - things I could have done to save my marriage. But I've got to stop doing this. I fear that if I am compelled to constantly re-litigate my past that I'm destined to repeat it.

I don't consider M.J., "being on drugs".

It's about as soft as they come, but it is a drug. It has psychoactive/pharmacological effects.

Were you perhaps really high when you came up with the quirking phrasing? I certainly do that here sometimes, late at night....

Suffered a bit of a career setback last week. Our directors made me give away half my business. They said although those contracts in my portfolio were profitable and have been for the past 18 years, the income is not enough to compensate for a catastrophic event that might happen. In short, the reward, they said, was no longer worth the risk.

I still have 3 states I operate in, but as soon as we move all our property out, probably by mid-year, I'll be 100% out of WA and OR for the first time in over 20 years. This company I spent the last 20 years building is now a shadow of it's former self.

They're not ready to off-board me just yet. They'll need someone around to take the heat from our pissed off clients we baled on and to further clean up the mess they made.

I've been thinking a lot about my life the past few days. Different choices I've made. Whether or not I should have relocated with my current company - things I could have done to save my marriage. But I've got to stop doing this. I fear that if I am compelled to constantly re-litigate my past that I'm destined to repeat it.

It all depends. It isn't productive to wallow in misery, but it can be if one is thoughtfully identifying things they can change to prevent a general type of problem recurring in the future....

Good luck.

Care to share what it is you do again? I might have missed that.

It's about as soft as they come, but it is a drug. It has psychoactive/pharmacological effects.

Were you perhaps really high when you came up with the quirking phrasing? I certainly do that here sometimes, late at night....

Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Care to share what it is you do again? I might have missed that.

I run a national hospitality company where we operate government facilities under contract. I am one of 5 major companies in this industry.

What I'm really not looking forward to is when my clients come back from furlough. It takes this agency we work for about a year to do anything now I get to tell them they've got weeks to find a new operator or close their facilities because we're out the door.

C.S! Why don't you come up here this week????

The agency I work with might be back from furlough. I'll get some beers, we'll get the government on the speakerphone and you and I can have some laughs as we tell them they'll probably have to shut their facilities down because they're probably not going to have anyone to run them. Good times.

Anyway, not only is my career shot now, due to this bad decision but so is my reputation in the industry.

The worst part was telling my employees. We displaced 80 of them. 80 people that now have to scramble to find jobs. The good thing is there are lots of jobs in my industry for these folks. Most of them will find work which given all this mishegas is a small comfort.

I run a national hospitality company where we operate government facilities under contract. I am one of 5 major companies in this industry.

What I'm really not looking forward to is when my clients come back from furlough. It takes this agency we work for about a year to do anything now I get to tell them they've got weeks to find a new operator or close their facilities because we're out the door.

C.S! Why don't you come up here this week????

The agency I work with might be back from furlough. I'll get some beers, we'll get the government on the speakerphone and you and I can have some laughs as we tell them they'll probably have to shut their facilities down because they're probably not going to have anyone to run them. Good times.

Anyway, not only is my career shot now, due to this bad decision but so is my reputation in the industry.

The worst part was telling my employees. We displaced 80 of them. 80 people that now have to scramble to find jobs. The good thing is there are lots of jobs in my industry for these folks. Most of them will find work which given all this mishegas is a small comfort.

It would be fun, but I have a wife who just broke her leg (paralytic osteoporosis - high risk for fractures) and a son who is in the cardiac ward at UCLA Hospital with severe edema due to congestive heart failure. Both of us wish we could clone ourselves so we can split our time between the Long Beach VA and UCLA in Santa Monica, both very far apart.

Nightmare timing. We knew our son would eventually reach this point someday, it's just none of us, his doctor included, thought it would happen at age 23. We were hoping he'd make it to at least thirty. We have to get his edema and the 75 pounds of water weight corrected so that maybe he can be a candidate for a heart transplant, or if we're very lucky, a simple heart catheterization to improve efficiency and buy him a few more years before a transplant becomes the only option.

He was born this way and has fought his entire life.

Your marriage was your fault but getting ****ed over by the corporate man, having your investment wrecked like this, is not......that is all wrapped up in the decline of the West....these forces are way bigger than you are.

It would be fun, but I have a wife who just broke her leg (paralytic osteoporosis - high risk for fractures) and a son who is in the cardiac ward at UCLA Hospital with severe edema due to congestive heart failure. Both of us wish we could clone ourselves so we can split our time between the Long Beach VA and UCLA in Santa Monica, both very far apart.

Nightmare timing. We knew our son would eventually reach this point someday, it's just none of us, his doctor included, thought it would happen at age 23. We were hoping he'd make it to at least thirty. We have to get his edema and the 75 pounds of water weight corrected so that maybe he can be a candidate for a heart transplant, or if we're very lucky, a simple heart catheterization to improve efficiency and buy him a few more years before a transplant becomes the only option.

He was born this way and has fought his entire life.

Holy ****, C.S. I had no idea.

God bless you and your son, and your wife.

Any issues I have are incomparable to what you and your family are dealing with, my friend. I send positive thoughts your way!

This morning on another discussion board this young woman was complaining about something her boyfriend does, but didn't know how to tell him. My advice was that if you want his behavior to change you're going to have to tell him. I suggested the best way to do it would be to say, "<his name> I love you so much. I really do. With that, I want to tell you that it really bothers me when we're chilling on the couch, I'm comfortable, I'm sleepy and all of the sudden you want to make love. Sometimes I just want to cuddle, so I'm going to tell you the next time I feel that way". I explained to her that her doing so may make them both feel uncomfortable for a short time, but that, "uncomfortableness" will blow over.

My response was to say:

Google the above quote "I implore thee privacy be the conduit of our conversations, hence", and see if you can find anyone else that has ever said anything like that. I tried it and I came up with a goose egg. I'm sorry, but I think that's weird.

you shouldnt be concerned. it is what sometimes happens.

you shouldnt be concerned. it is what sometimes happens.

LOL- thanks. I'm actually much better now - was goin' through a bit of a manic phase.

LOL- thanks. I'm actually much better now - was goin' through a bit of a manic phase.

the next phase is hearing two or three voices speaking at the same time as you do. using your mouth. saying what you are saying , but even that isnt really a cause for concern. we live in a strange world. life is a mystical miniseries. everything isnt going to be understood easily.

the next phase is hearing two or three voices speaking at the same time as you do. using your mouth. saying what you are saying , but even that isnt really a cause for concern. we live in a strange world. life is a mystical miniseries. everything isnt going to be understood easily.

Nah, no hearing of voices. I riding this "manic enhancement" and having fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom