• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

i totally support religious persecution

what are wiccans doin wrong?

they're usually 14 year old girls with powerfully bad eyeshadow and clothes from hot topic

but you're they're harmless

more on point would be pagans in jail that want special crap so they can do their pretend ceremonys for their pretend religion

i'd be like "no get a real religion" and end the matter

but the cry baby ACLU would probably get involved

new coup for you said:
A real religion? There's an oxymoron.

Christianity was a "stupid fringe cult" at one time or another.

new coup for you said:
they're usually 14 year old girls with powerfully bad eyeshadow and clothes from hot topic

but you're they're harmless

more on point would be pagans in jail that want special crap so they can do their pretend ceremonys for their pretend religion

but the cry baby ACLU would probably get involved

So you want religious freedom only for some religions? Who will decide which ones?

Either have freedom for all religions or (more to my liking) no freedom for any religion.

i'll decide

seriously though there actually is leeway for persecution of minor cults within an otherwise "free" or democratic society. it's all about the social opinion of the cult in question. the police can and do alot that they aren't actually allowed to do but have been given a "silent mandate" from an acepting majority.

the Waco cult, the MOVE crisis closer to me at home, etc.

if no one cares you can do whatever you want.

you do REALISE the extent to what you are saying... all religions (as it was pointed out) were "stupid fringe cuts" at one time or another. As Pope Benedict implied that he renounces Christians who take some parts of the Bible literally and others not, so therefore, in theory, they are new "fringe cut" religioins. So you would persecute non-extremist Muslims because they do not take their "new versions" of the Qu'uran (forgive my bad spelling) for every word?

No one cares what you do so long as it's legal. That's the difference between the Waco cult and other religions.

They should bloody put you in a camp.

vergiss said:
No one cares what you do so long as it's legal. That's the difference between the Waco cult and other religions.

They should bloody put you in a camp.

You sound completely reasonable as usual ..typical feminist ...HUH
:rofl

[Mod Note]
Since this thread isn't spurring anything close to intellectual, I've put it down in the basement.
[/Mod Note]

new coup for you said:
i'll decide

seriously though there actually is leeway for persecution of minor cults within an otherwise "free" or democratic society. it's all about the social opinion of the cult in question. the police can and do alot that they aren't actually allowed to do but have been given a "silent mandate" from an acepting majority.

the Waco cult, the MOVE crisis closer to me at home, etc.

if no one cares you can do whatever you want.

You'll decide? Glory Hallelujah! American Society now has a savior!:roll:

:rofl

And i totally support locking people like you in a padded room. Why dont you do some research before you post just some stereotypical view of an religion?

most practicioners of the Wiccan religion are over the age of 18. As most groups require that or parental consent. So as to the fact of it only being 14 year old girls, your wrong. Not to mention the fact that most practitioners of the Wiccan religion do not shop at hot topic. i don't know that many older adults who do...

And what actual number of prison inmates are Wiccan or other fringe religions? and if they do want a candle or other religious artifact, what is the actual cost to the American people? Should we just force your religion down their throat? Maybe your religion is the problem since so many non-fringe religious people are the ones in prison.

Back
Top Bottom