• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think this is a fantastic idea

I hate Indian food so I actually feel bad for the needy. I actually might dumpster dive before eating Indian food, the food in the dumpster smells better.

The dumpster food there is still Indian . . .

There was a gas station close to where my ex girlfriend in cali lived, and they would start giving away all the heating lamp foods away free after 9pm. By that point they were ready to throw them out and further sales for the night were non existent. The owner just up and decided well they were gonna dig it from a dumpster anyways, so he would instead just give it out.

A more fantastic idea?

Actually giving "out-of-date" foods and beverages directly to shelters and food banks for distribution rather than throwing ANY of it away.

This would never be allowed here in the USA. Besides, the liability factor would be too great. Sadly.

That is why the military throws out alot of stuff. We had a bunch of good mre's at the guard armory, that got turned in to be destroyed. We asked why we could not just give them to the local church to feed the poor, the answer we got was if someone got sick eating them, they could sue the unit, while soldiers could not due to their contracts.

That is why the military throws out alot of stuff. We had a bunch of good mre's at the guard armory, that got turned in to be destroyed. We asked why we could not just give them to the local church to feed the poor, the answer we got was if someone got sick eating them, they could sue the unit, while soldiers could not due to their contracts.

Yep, it's ridiculous. But, it's the society we have created for ourselves.

This would never be allowed here in the USA. Besides, the liability factor would be too great. Sadly.

If the date was on it and it was given for free (not sold) the store would probably win.

But it's not worth the trouble.

i like the idea of giving away (safe) food to those who need it instead of tossing it.

If the date was on it and it was given for free (not sold) the store would probably win.

But it's not worth the trouble.

Most local health departments won't allow it.

Back
Top Bottom