• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think that the way Russians are carrying out the campaign now could be called genocide

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
They no longer are going after military targets, but civilian targets. In one city there was a plan agreed to by both sides for a cease fire to let civilians out of the city. When the people gathered to get on the buses, the area was targeted by Russian artillery . The people got to shelters, but the buses were blown up. The Russian seem afraid bring their troops in to fight, but are just using their artillery to kill everyone indiscriminately. And Putin is the man who some people in this country see as a strong man. THis kind of warfare shows just how weak he and his military are for the world to see.

The media has been calling it a genocide for some time now...

And I'm afraid the U.S. has to do something significant now, even with the threat of nuclear war. The more Putin gains like this the worse it will get.

They no longer are going after military targets, but civilian targets. In one city there was a plan agreed to by both sides for a cease fire to let civilians out of the city. When the people gathered to get on the buses, the area was targeted by Russian artillery . The people got to shelters, but the buses were blown up. The Russian seem afraid bring their troops in to fight, but are just using their artillery to kill everyone indiscriminately. And Putin is the man who some people in this country see as a strong man. THis kind of warfare shows just how weak he and his military are for the world to see.
You could say that. Like Wounded Knee all over again isn't it? You saw how bad that turned out for the US.

5861507.jpg

You are not alone in these thoughts.

And I'm afraid the U.S. has to do something significant now, even with the threat of nuclear war. The more Putin gains like this the worse it will get.

I agree, but I still do not see us doing direct publicly acknowledged combat.

I suspect we are sending in more weaponry through Poland than we acknowledge. At least, I hope so.

Well, based on what I read on this site, maybe we just need to write a MORE sternly worded letter while Ukrainians die because the LAST thing we want to do is to provoke Putin into doing something crazy. As long as we let everyone die then Putin won't kill anyone. At least that appears to be the "logic" around here.

This is a war of terror waged by terrorists against civilians.

As we do nothing as a country or as a member of a community of nations, we are complicit and supportive of the Russian criminality.

That's been the case for days.

Back
Top Bottom