• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think Rand Paul would do more to help minorities than Joe Biden

dex4974

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
Rand Paul wants to end the war on drugs. Last I knew Joe still doesn't support legalizing weed. How many young minorities are behind bars for nonviolent crimes involving drugs? Joe was part of what caused that to get worse.

Rand Paul wants to end the war on drugs. Last I knew Joe still doesn't support legalizing weed. How many young minorities are behind bars for nonviolent crimes involving drugs? Joe was part of what caused that to get worse.

From the joint* Biden-Sanders policy statement: "The Justice Department should not launch federal prosecutions of conduct that is legal at the state level. All past criminal convictions for cannabis use should be automatically expunged. And rather than involving the criminal justice system, Democrats support increased use of drug courts, harm reduction interventions, and treatment diversion programs for those struggling with substance use disorders."

Biden-Sanders Policy Statement Drops Federal Pot Legalization

That's basically what Biden can do on his own. I have no doubt that if a bill for national marijuana legalization was sent to his desk he'd sign it.

*No pun intended.

Paul wants to repeal the Civil Right Act and make racial segregation legal.

I have no doubt that if a bill for national marijuana legalization was sent to his desk he'd sign it.

Maybe. I know he was part of the drug war and I thought he still opposed weed. I still think Rand Paul's approach to drugs would do a lot more for minorities. It would also remove a lot of power from gangs and the black market in general which would reduce crime. I think Paul has some issues but overall he would make a much better president than Joe.

Paul wants to repeal the Civil Right Act and make racial segregation legal.

I don't think that's true, but Rand Paul is a strange name to bring up in any case since...you know...he's not on the ballot.

What does Rand Paul have to do with Joe Biden? Rand isn't on the ticket.

I don't think that's true, but Rand Paul is a strange name to bring up in any case since...you know...he's not on the ballot.

He's relevant this moment. There was a debate over him being confronted by an angry mob.

Maybe. I know he was part of the drug war and I thought he still opposed weed. I still think Rand Paul's approach to drugs would do a lot more for minorities. It would also remove a lot of power from gangs and the black market in general which would reduce crime. I think Paul has some issues but overall he would make a much better president than Joe.

I'm not really sure why we're talking about Rand Paul since he's not on the ballot, but the policy statement that Joe Biden put out (and which you edited out for some reason) details the extent of what he can do on his own, which, short of a Congressional bill on his desk, is pretty satisfactory.

What does Rand Paul have to do with Joe Biden? Rand isn't on the ticket.

People have been arguing about Rand recently. I think he's an alright dude and that he would make a better president than Biden. That's all.

I'm not really sure why we're talking about Rand Paul since he's not on the ballot

I don't adhere to whatever confines partisans think within on this forum. He was relevant recently and I had the thought. I think the people that confronted him are stupid.

People have been arguing about Rand recently. I think he's an alright dude and that he would make a better president than Biden. That's all.

There are a lot of folks I feel that would do better than Biden, or Trump for the matter, but since they aren't on the ballot it's a moot point. Just was curious about the comparison is all, thank you.

He's relevant this moment. There was a debate over him being confronted by an angry mob.
Rand Paul supports extortion, kuhlooshun, conspiracy, Vlad, Xi, breaking the Hatch act, trump’s concentration camps, trump breaking the law on emoluments; ETC ...

I don't adhere to whatever confines partisans think within on this forum. He was relevant recently and I had the thought. I think the people that confronted him are stupid.

Why do you keep editing out Biden's policy statement on marijuana in a thread you started about Biden not supporting marijuana legalization?

There are a lot of folks I feel that would do better than Biden, or Trump for the matter, but since they aren't on the ballot it's a moot point. Just was curious about the comparison is all, thank you.

Why not? I think it's worth pointing out the tragedy of all of the better candidates walking around, and the fact that most people are too stupid and/or ignorant to notice. You've got Yang on the left that nobody seems to notice.

Why do you keep editing out Biden's policy statement on marijuana in a thread you started about Biden not supporting marijuana legalization?

This thread is about my belief that Rand Paul would be better for minorities than Joe Biden. If decades later Joe Biden has finally gotten on board with not sending people to prison for weed then good for him. It also doesn't erase the damage the policies he supported have already done.

This thread is about my belief that Rand Paul would be better for minorities than Joe Biden. If decades later Joe Biden has finally gotten on board with not sending people to prison for weed then good for him. It also doesn't erase the damage the policies he supported have already done.

What could Rand do on his own that Biden's policy statement on marijuana doesn't do? In other words, if Rand were President and released a policy statement on marijuana that details what he would do within the confines of the Executive branch, what would his policy statement contain that Biden's doesn't?

What could Rand do on his own that Biden's policy statement on marijuana doesn't do? In other words, if Rand were President and released a policy statement on marijuana that details what he would do within the confines of the Executive branch, what would his policy statement contain that Biden's doesn't?

Rand Paul's views are not limited to marijuana.

Rand Paul's views are not limited to marijuana.

It sounds like you're tired of talking about marijuana EVEN THOUGH THAT WAS THE BASIS FOR YOUR ARGUMENT IN YOUR OP.

Alright, fine, moving on. What other policy do you think would make Rand a better President than Biden?

That's basically what Biden can do on his own. I have no doubt that if a bill for national marijuana legalization was sent to his desk he'd sign it.

Nonsense. Biden's been a rabid drug warrior for over 40 years. Like Copmala, he'll say whatever he has to in order to further his career.

It sounds like you're tired of talking about marijuana EVEN THOUGH THAT WAS THE BASIS FOR YOUR ARGUMENT IN YOUR OP.

No it wasn't; you're just confused. Rand and his father opposed the drug war entirely, Joe does not. Rand's views on drugs are way ahead of Joe's. Joe Biden supported the bad policies that have caused incalculable damage. You don't think that's relevant? I notice you refuse to comment on it.

Alright, fine, moving on. What other policy do you think would make Rand a better President than Biden?

He opposes the drug war entirely, making him a better candidate for minorities. Other than that he also wants to stop us from spending trillions on having a global military presence. Rand Paul is a real conservative. He wants to limit the reach and power of our government.

Nonsense. Biden's been a rabid drug warrior for over 40 years. Like Copmala, he'll say whatever he has to in order to further his career.

Ah, so it's the "Biden is just saying that" argument. You assume that just because Trump lies dozens of times per day that everyone else must be as horrible as he is.

No it wasn't; you're just confused. Rand and his father opposed the drug war entirely, Joe does not. Rand's views on drugs are way ahead of Joe's. Joe Biden supported the bad policies that have caused incalculable damage. You don't think that's relevant? I notice you refuse to comment on it.

He opposes the drug war entirely, making him a better candidate for minorities. Other than that he also wants to stop us from spending trillions on having a global military presence. Rand Paul is a real conservative. He wants to limit the reach and power of our government.

So what kind of policy statement within the confines of his executive authority could Rand Paul release about the drug war that Biden's doesn't contain?

Maybe, maybe not. It's kind of a moot point though, you know.

Ah, so it's the "Biden is just saying that" argument. You assume that just because Trump ies dozens of times per day that everyone else must be as horrible as he is.

Most politicians are just saying whatever they think the electorate wants to hear.

So what kind of policy statement within the confines of his executive authority could Rand Paul release about the drug war that Biden's doesn't contain?

First I want you to comment on Joe's involvement in the policies that have done unknown amounts of damage to minorities.

Back
Top Bottom