• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think Rand Paul would do more to help minorities than Joe Biden

Most politicians are just saying whatever they think the electorate wants to hear.

Last I checked, Rand Paul is a politician. Yet you believe him.

First I want you to comment on Joe's involvement in the policies that have done unknown amounts of damage to minorities.

It was bad and he learned from it. Lots of politicians were squarely in the drug war camp and promoted "tough on crime" policies they have since learned were disastrous.

Funny...you're not applying that to Rand Paul. You're not applying your arguments equally.

Ron and Rand Paul have had consistent views for decades. It's easier to believe somebody is being real about their own beliefs and not just pandering when they have been saying the same things since the beginning.

Last edited:
It was bad and he learned from it. Lots of politicians were squarely in the drug war camp and promoted "tough on crime" policies they have since learned were disastrous.

Rand Paul would attempt to push progressive drug legislation beyond what Joe would because Rand has a more extreme stance on the drug problem. I think the eventual end of the drug war will be a huge good for all poor people, not just poor minorities.

Ron and Rand Paul have had consistent views for decades. It's easier to believe somebody is being real about their own beliefs and not just pandering when they have been saying the same thing since the beginning.

Sure, but this is Biden's policy now and I'm fine with that. Especially seeing as...you know...he's on the ballot and Rand isn't. Also, his election opponent is squarely in the opposite camp no matter how you cut it, so if you're focusing on this issue alone it's not a difficult choice.

Sure, but this is Biden's policy now and I'm fine with that. Especially seeing as...you know...he's on the ballot and Rand isn't. Also, his election opponent is squarely in the opposite camp no matter how you cut it, so if you're focusing on this issue alone it's not a difficult choice.

I'm not trying to convince anybody that Trump is a better choice than Biden. I don't care about the left/right struggle on this forum. I am critical of Biden because I find it appalling that he is to be the one to represent left wing efforts in America and nothing else. I am not shilling for Trump.

Ah, so it's the "Biden is just saying that" argument.

"Read my lips, no new taxes"

The result? New taxes.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

The result? You can't keep your plan.

Again, both Joe and Blow are lifetime drug warriors, and they are responsible for the mass incarceration of thousands of minorities for drug "crimes". Up until now they have both been against the very idea of weed legalization. Furthermore, the biggest political obstacle to drug law reform are the police unions, and both Biden and Copmala luv the police unions.

Joe and Blow are not going to reform drug laws, I don't care what they are saying now. If you're dumb enough to believe them, then by all means, vote Joe/Blow.

From the joint* Biden-Sanders policy statement: "The Justice Department should not launch federal prosecutions of conduct that is legal at the state level. All past criminal convictions for cannabis use should be automatically expunged. And rather than involving the criminal justice system, Democrats support increased use of drug courts, harm reduction interventions, and treatment diversion programs for those struggling with substance use disorders."

Biden-Sanders Policy Statement Drops Federal Pot Legalization

That's basically what Biden can do on his own. I have no doubt that if a bill for national marijuana legalization was sent to his desk he'd sign it.

*No pun intended.

Nice policy statement from his handlers at Occupy Democrats

I'm not trying to convince anybody that Trump is a better choice than Biden. I don't care about the left/right struggle on this forum. I am critical of Biden because I find it appalling that he is to be the one to represent left wing efforts in America and nothing else. I am not shilling for Trump.

Perhaps, but I'm unable to forget that I'll ultimately be choosing between Trump and Biden. And right now...in this election...not a hypothetical one...Biden's position on marijuana is closest to yours, and Trump's is furthest from yours.

In addition, you're never going to have the opportunity to vote for Rand Paul over Joe Biden, making it triply moot.

The most politically mature position you could take right now is "I disagree vociferously with Biden's past policies concerning the drug war, but right now, here in the present, he's changed his position enough that it most closely matches my own. In the future I will vote for a candidate whose position on drug regulation matches my own even more."

Why not? I think it's worth pointing out the tragedy of all of the better candidates walking around, and the fact that most people are too stupid and/or ignorant to notice. You've got Yang on the left that nobody seems to notice.

It's about electability for many. Or are you really saying that "Trump" best represents the right and he embodies the Republican, conservative and right values? There were MANY MANY Republican candidates better than Trump that Republicans ignored.

Joe and Blow are not going to reform drug laws, I don't care what they are saying now. If you're dumb enough to believe them, then by all means, vote Joe/Blow.

Nobody needs to take a single thing you say seriously when you say "Joe and Blow." Everything you have to "contribute" in this thread is dismissed.

Maybe. I know he was part of the drug war and I thought he still opposed weed. I still think Rand Paul's approach to drugs would do a lot more for minorities. It would also remove a lot of power from gangs and the black market in general which would reduce crime. I think Paul has some issues but overall he would make a much better president than Joe.

Good point. If I were you, I’d write in Rand Paul on my ballot.

People have been arguing about Rand recently. I think he's an alright dude and that he would make a better president than Biden. That's all.

I guess so, Commie. McCain called him "Russia's senator."

I guess so, Commie. McCain called him "Russia's senator."

McCain was a good man and I respect him. That being said I don't think Rand is working for Russia.

Back
Top Bottom