• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think our country is becoming effectively ungovernable from the dark money right-wing propaganda

64% isn't exactly high. If it were 89%, corresponding to the Republicans' 11%, you might have a point.
But that wouldn’t take into account the general sentiment that maybe Biden hasn’t been perfect on it.

The radical right is for the Russian invasion, just let that sink in. Russia has invaded an actual democracy to overthrow it and the radical right anti-American lunatics are for it. They will literally do or say anything to take the opposite view of democrats.
I've heard some very good reasons for not putting U.S. or NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine because thay are not a NATO country. Biden is doing the right thing here. They do need to make sure to keep Zelenskyy alive. This situation will not be over next week, month or year.

Yup, and they have the last line of protection for the people, SCOTUS. Our government is now fully of the corporation, by the corporation, for the corporation.

And unfortunately our voting block are morons that are OK with that and fight to keep it that way. And with all the gerrymandering, making it harder to vote, and the hack courts now, Dems will likely never get a majority enough to pass campaign finance reform, overturn Citizen United, voting rights to make it easier and encourage voting, and many other things aimed at helping the people.

and even if they did have filibuster proof majority, there are red state dems who can be bought off by the GOP and block dems from voting. Maybe its all by design where the dems are pretending they are for what their voters want, but have dems and the red state dems to block it so they don't ever have to go through with it since they are benefitting it as well

Around the world, there are places you can't talk rationally to many people about some things. North Korea, China, Russia are examples where the people are heavily propagandized and have absorbed the propaganda.

Democracies are supposed to be the antidote. This isn't a new problem - even with the primitive technologies, it existed before our country was founded, leading the founders to see the rights to freedom on information as critical.

Unfortunately, the developments of mass media, plutocracy, and dark money have combined to replace rational well-informed free views for much of America with people in bubbles of propaganda.

Polls show only 36% of Americans approve of Biden's handling of Russia; only 11% of Republicans, those especially in that bubble.

It seems to me, that is not people who are being rational. It seems it is people who are expressing dislike of Biden, not rational criticism of his handling of Russia. The poll shows they don't want the US to get heavily involved in the conflict, sending troops; that's what Biden's done. It's not clear what they would like Biden to do differently, other than wave a wand to fix it.

The cause of the dissatisfaction seems to be the heavy levels of propagandization - Biden bad, Biden bad, Biden bad, more than anything. People who will dislike Biden, who will vote against him, not for rational reasons, but in a created bubble of propaganda. And that is dangerous, when there's nothing a president could do but be approved by the propagandists. It puts the dark money, not the people, in charge.
I remember when one of the right wing justices in deciding Citizens said it would make little if any difference in our elections. They were either blind or had been paid enough to say something so stupid. In something like 86% of elections, the one who spends the most wins.

Around the world, there are places you can't talk rationally to many people about some things. North Korea, China, Russia are examples where the people are heavily propagandized and have absorbed the propaganda.

Democracies are supposed to be the antidote. This isn't a new problem - even with the primitive technologies, it existed before our country was founded, leading the founders to see the rights to freedom on information as critical.

Unfortunately, the developments of mass media, plutocracy, and dark money have combined to replace rational well-informed free views for much of America with people in bubbles of propaganda.

Polls show only 36% of Americans approve of Biden's handling of Russia; only 11% of Republicans, those especially in that bubble.

It seems to me, that is not people who are being rational. It seems it is people who are expressing dislike of Biden, not rational criticism of his handling of Russia. The poll shows they don't want the US to get heavily involved in the conflict, sending troops; that's what Biden's done. It's not clear what they would like Biden to do differently, other than wave a wand to fix it.

The cause of the dissatisfaction seems to be the heavy levels of propagandization - Biden bad, Biden bad, Biden bad, more than anything. People who will dislike Biden, who will vote against him, not for rational reasons, but in a created bubble of propaganda. And that is dangerous, when there's nothing a president could do but be approved by the propagandists. It puts the dark money, not the people, in charge.
You got the direction of money flow bassackwards. :cool:

Here's a thought: Biden gets criticism because of his performance. So far he continually demonstrates the "reverse Midas Touch" - everything he touches turns to crap.

Last edited:
I remember when one of the right wing justices in deciding Citizens said it would make little if any difference in our elections. They were either blind or had been paid enough to say something so stupid. In something like 86% of elections, the one who spends the most wins.
They struck down the Voting Rights Act saying times had changed and states wouldn't pass racist laws. Hours after the ruling states began passing racist laws that wouldn't have been permitted under the law.

Biden said that he is using the threat of (some incremental) economic sanctions as a deterrent, yet simultaneously stated that such (threatened) sanctions have (obviously) not deterred anything. The (moronic?) idea that Europe can continue to rely on importing Russian oil and natural gas while that is funding Putin’s military campaign is unbelievable.
He also said that it will take time

Nice dark left wing propaganda post ^

The people in Ukraine do not have time and Biden knows that.
I am not sure the goal should be to save the people of Ukraine as much as teach Russia a lesson about future aggression.

I am not sure the goal should be to save the people of Ukraine as much as teach Russia a lesson about future aggression.

What lesson does the US and Europe continuing to buy oil and natural gas from Russia teach Putin?

1. I find the criticism of the right being in a propaganda bubble from a progressive laughable. It's almost impossible not be in a propaganda bubble on the right if you exist on social media at all, even a little bit, or watch TV or movies, or YouTube, or really just exist in the U.S. at all.
2. You seem to be big mad that the left doesn't have a 100% monopoly on propaganda. That pesky AM radio, some podcasts and YouTubers, and Fox News even exists in a world were every single media, entertainment, and education outlet or institution has a leftist bias really rankles you.
3. I've seen lots of people on the left criticize Biden, so they aren't coming from right-wing propaganda bubbles. Most of the criticism involves not being hard line enough before the invasion, where maybe they could've stopped it. Keep in mind he was VP for 8 years while Russia was already doing much of this stuff.

Finally, on a separate note, I don't blame Biden for what happened. I blame mostly Russia and Europe itself. When is Europe going to stand on their own two legs and figure shit out for themselves. **** them for hating on us all the time and then whining if we don't carry their water for them here.

What lesson does the US and Europe continuing to buy oil and natural gas from Russia teach Putin?
Unfortunately I think it’s teaching a negative lesson but I can also see it being balanced by sanctions cutting Russia off from purchasing technology and other things.

Unfortunately I think it’s teaching a negative lesson but I can also see it being balanced by sanctions cutting Russia off from purchasing technology and other things.

Hmm… might China (and India) cheat and supply Russia with whatever they ask for?

Yeah I’ve already thought about that. Two problems their market isn’t big enough and personal sanctions against individual russians

Hmm…

In the hours after Russia invaded Ukraine on Thursday, the U.S., U.K. and European Union announced new sanctions aimed at isolating Moscow from the global economy. The sweeping measures did not include restrictions on purchases of Russian oil and gas — a significant driver of the local economy.

China is the largest trade partner for Russia and Ukraine. Both countries are part of the Belt and Road Initiative — a regional infrastructure development plan widely seen as Beijing's effort to increase global influence.

Yup that’s what we are discussing

"China's ability to offset the impact of Western sanctions will be determined by the scale and scope of sanctions ultimately agreed to by the U.S. and its partners," Olson said. "At this point, the West has not yet put all its cards on the table, leaving open the option of tightening the screws later, if need be."

No mention was made of how much the “serious” (yet TBD) sanctions (which Biden said may take a month or more to have an impact) would actually cost Russia which will benefit from rising oil and natural gas prices.

It’s sad the OP is so clueless about the amount of left wing propaganda they regurgitate regularly but thinks they have a point about any one else’s propaganda consumption.

You got the direction of money flow bassackwards. :cool:

Here's a thought: Biden gets criticism because of his performance. So far he continually demonstrates the "reverse Midas Touch" - everything he touches turns to crap.
Agreed.
I think our country is becoming effectively ungovernable from the left dark money and left-wing propaganda broadcasted everyday on the major networks and a number of cable networks.
This has been a trend from the left since Trump was announced as winning the election in 2016, and even pre-dates that event.

Just ask yourself this: Who significantly funded the campaigns of the progressive DAs which have made their locals unlivable?

Agreed.
I think our country is becoming effectively ungovernable from the left dark money and left-wing propaganda broadcasted everyday on the major networks and a number of cable networks.
This has been a trend from the left since Trump was announced as winning the election in 2016, and even pre-dates that event.

Just ask yourself this: Who significantly funded the campaigns of the progressive DAs which have made their locals unlivable?
They're so entrenched in media, education, financial and entertainment it's definitely an uphill battle to get back to real democracy and freedom. Some would call it a wall

No mention was made of how much the “serious” (yet TBD) sanctions (which Biden said may take a month or more to have an impact) would actually cost Russia which will benefit from rising oil and natural gas prices.
That will probably be a bit of a balancing act

Yup, and they have the last line of protection for the people, SCOTUS. Our government is now fully of the corporation, by the corporation, for the corporation. And unfortunately our voting block are morons that are OK with that and fight to keep it that way. And with all the gerrymandering, making it harder to vote, and the hack courts now, Dems will likely never get a majority enough to pass campaign finance reform, overturn Citizen United, voting rights to make it easier and encourage voting, and many other things aimed at helping the people. and even if they did have filibuster proof majority, there are red state dems who can be bought off by the GOP and block dems from voting. Maybe its all by design where the dems are pretending they are for what their voters want, but have dems and the red state dems to block it so they don't ever have to go through with it since they are benefitting it as well

1645991993077.png

Back
Top Bottom