• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think I'm turning gay.

I think I'm turning gay.

How can this be I've been straight all me life?

Is this possible?

Sounds like you've been "converted" against your will, possibly via subliminal messages covertly broadcast through the entertainment media.
Maybe it was television, maybe movies, maybe even music; the Gay Agenda's got its french-manicured hooks into all of them, big time.

Your best bet is to go to one of those Christian Boot Camps where they cure people like you through the power of Christ our Lord.

PS Be careful what you say here. There are agents of the Gay Agenda right here on this very forum.

Good luck! :2wave:

I think I'm turning Japanese.

I really think so.

woudn't it be no sushi?

Song lyric from turning Japanese.

No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women
No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark
Everyone around me is a total stranger
Everyone avoids me like a cyclone Ranger
Everyone...

Song lyric from turning Japanese.

lame song, just remembered who did it.

that song came out about the same time London Calling Did. London Calling was the biggest and most important bit of music that year (US release, early 80). Other than John Bonham dying, LC was all that mattered that year :mrgreen:

How could this be possible? I thought people where born gay that it is not a choice. Thats the argument that the homosexual community used for years. Have you been influenced by gays latley? Wait a minute, I know whats happening to you,. You were born gay and didn't know it till now, right?

How could this be possible? I thought people where born gay that it is not a choice. Thats the argument that the homosexual community used for years. Have you been influenced by gays latley? Wait a minute, I know whats happening to you,. You were born gay and didn't know it till now, right?
Cute, real cute.

Cute, real cute.

He has a bit of a point though. The "inborn/inherent" apologists tend to argue that if someone "changes" from het to homo, or homo to het, that "well they weren't really X, they were just engaging in X for a time, their true orientation was Y and they finally decided to live out their real feelings."

To those of us who find the "inborn/inherent/immutable" theory to be questionable, it sounds like a wonderful example of self-fulfilling prophesy. (also, a load of BS.)

I think human sexuality is far too complex to assign a singular cause to orientation, or to assume that it is immutable as if we were mere animals who were unable to do anything other than follow our hardwired instincts.

Well who cares anyways? People do what they want with their anus.

He has a bit of a point though. The "inborn/inherent" apologists tend to argue that if someone "changes" from het to homo, or homo to het, that "well they weren't really X, they were just engaging in X for a time, their true orientation was Y and they finally decided to live out their real feelings."

To those of us who find the "inborn/inherent/immutable" theory to be questionable, it sounds like a wonderful example of self-fulfilling prophesy. (also, a load of BS.)

I think human sexuality is far too complex to assign a singular cause to orientation, or to assume that it is immutable as if we were mere animals who were unable to do anything other than follow our hardwired instincts.

Personally I think it is a bit of both. The reason I say that is because noone is born being sexually attracted to latex or pretending that they are a teddy bear. Yes these fetishes are fairly common.

However, in the case of homosexuality I think there is a strong nature component as well. Some may learn to be homosexual and some may be born that way. Also, I am fairly sure that some have the ability to learn it and some do not. The ones that do are probably more likely to be bisexual which may be the case for this fellow. Right now all he is doing is questioning his sexuality which may or may not end up resulting in any changes.

Last edited:
I think I'm turning gay.

How can this be I've been straight all me life?

Is this possible?

this reality also dawned on me when i realized i am a lesbian trapped within a man's body

Self-discovery can seem like a "change", especially if it's out of left field.

I am polyamorous and if you'd asked me two years ago my views on it, I'd have probably acted a little weirded out. I was militantly monogamous until a few things happened that seriously made me re-examine my views on the issue and how I felt about being polyamorous. Once I went back and started examining my life up till then, I saw signs that I really was poly basically from day one.

I'm not so sure it isnt inborn because every single gay person I have ever asked about it basically said they either knew they were gay pretty much from "go" or they came to realize they were gay and that it had been something they simply didnt consider until a certain point.

As far as immutable...again, speaking from personal experience, I cant really get behind the idea that you can "change" you orientation. I've experienced first-hand a lot of the "repairative therapy" techniques and it was an abysmal failure. On top of that, the vast majority of people I see coming out of these programs or mindsets either change their mind a few months or years later or they end up being the most repressed and stressed people you've ever met.

Except there is some truth to both ideas. Orientation is an entirely human concept with an almost entirely self-assigned complexity, we dont see it being an issue anywhere else in the animal kingdom so to say we cant really assign a cause to it is false. Now if you wanted to say we dont really understand why some of us prefer the same gender while others prefer both genders and others prefer the oppoite gender, you have a bit more of a valid point. No we dont understand the precise mechanics of it yet, however there is strong circumstantial evidence for it being an inborn thing which means there IS something physical or chemical in our brains that determines this.

As for our instincts, we follow our instincts much closer than we like to admit and being aware of them doesnt assist us in combating them. There is nothing inherently wrong with following our instincts as our instincts, as a communal species, are for self preservation and social harmony.

I was hoping the thread starter was Tashah, and there would be pics.

Personally I think it is a bit of both. The reason I say that is because noone is born being sexually attracted to latex or pretending that they are a teddy bear. Yes these fetishes are fairly common.

Fetishes are not the same thing as sexual orientation; one's sexual orientation is not a fetish.
And nobody's arguing that fetishism is inborn or innate.

Fetishes are not the same thing as sexual orientation; one's sexual orientation is not a fetish.
And nobody's arguing that fetishism is inborn or innate.

They are similar enough to make a comparison I think.

Forum Status Update>

The fella who did the "Troll Thead fly by" and opened this thing is still sitting at "1 post". The thread is up to 45. <end of message>

Carry on.... ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom