• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think I'm gonna buy this

Too much

If you want to know why guys sell those mid engine cars with those low miles, it is because they are a BITCH to work on, and if you pay a mechanic you pay 10-20 times what you would on other cars. A simple water pump might cost $1500 to have replaced. So, unless you are Jerry Seinfield or Jay Leno, then have fun.

Have you ever owned a mid engine car before is all would ask you?
It's right at list.

Is that dealership in Melbourne Fl.? If so I know it, and they are very reputable. I have 2 friends who purchased Porsche's from them and were treated fairly.
Good luck!
Wichita KS

Just what I was going to suggest looking at.

Note this 911 will be slower than a newbMustang GT Camaro SS, Toyota Supra and 2023 Nissan Z while being the same price or more. Buy it as a weekend toy, and know that drag racing is not a good option.

Personally I want to find a good mid 1980's BMW 5 series. I love that car
It's never gonna see a drag race.

Everybody and their cousin got a mustang GT or a camaro ss. Z cars are almost as common, the powerful supra is much more expensive.

It's never gonna see a drag race.
Everybody and their cousin got a mustnag GT or a camaro ss.
Maybe they are a chain of dealerships, there is one with the same name in Melbourne.
Maybe, I really don't know. They have a decent reputation locally, for a used car dealership.

Let us know when you get it, Gateman!

We like pictures and video.

And just think, you won't have long to wait to no longer do emissions with it...new, more open, better sounding exhaust time! Won't get you a ton of power...but when you open her up, man she'll sound good.

I routinely add "1968 Chrysler Imperial" to our grocery lists. My wife gives me that look and crosses it off every time, lol.
I've never thought of that!
Karen? Please add this to the morning shopping list. 😆
Hmmm, she's not too keen on it either.

Karen smirk face.jpg

Congrats if you get it.

Well, gateman_wen, we're waiting!?!

I did not buy the car, BTW. The carfax they showed me was incomplete. It's a flood car from TX.

I did not buy the car, BTW. The carfax they showed me was incomplete. It's a flood car from TX.
Good thing you found that out! I wager an engine swap on a 911 isn't for the faint of heart.

Good thing you found that out! I wager an engine swap on a 911 isn't for the faint of heart.
I gave Hemmings the VIN for a quote since my regular insurance co doesn't handle collectable cars and they told me they had paid a large claim for water damage on it in 2017. IDK whether the dealer altered the carfax or if it just didn't show. They get kinda iffy on collectables I've heard.

My dream car is more along the luxo-barge side of things these days.
I want to find an old 1965 Imperial with no engine or transmission and I want to drop a 3.6L Chrysler Pentastar V6 into it
with a Ripp Supercharger to add another 150 HP and mate it to the older six speed automatic slushbox used on the older 300's, the one
with the ability to switch to manual gear changes by tapping the shifter left or right.
That would put the power output to right around what the old 413 Golden Lion V8's power output was with a significant weight savings and better gearing.

Then I would naturally update to four wheel discs and maybe even try for independent rear suspension, and for sure adjustable coil-overs all around.
Not necessary to DO the Green Hornet cosmetics, it's enough just by itself as is, I just love that particular model Imperial.

View attachment 67400102

It is the iconic 1952 Chrysler Imperial Parade Phaeton that has been featured in some of the most famous parades down Broadway honoring America’s heroes, sports champions and other dignitaries.

It is the iconic 1952 Chrysler Imperial Parade Phaeton that has been featured in some of the most famous parades down Broadway honoring America’s heroes, sports champions and other dignitaries.
I like pretty much all the old Imperials but I just happen to love the 1964 and 1965 model year the most, but I sure wouldn't turn down a 1952 model, which seems to be derived from the same body as the old DeSotos and 300 series.

Back
Top Bottom