• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think extremist views of the police will lead to worse relations between officers and the public.

dex4974

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
There's a thread going right now about how two cops took down a non-compliant white man without killing him. It comes with the assumption that those same exact cops would have killed a black man doing the same thing. Why do we assume those cops would do that? All we've ever seen those cops doing is a good job. Assuming they'd murder a black man if given the opportunity is just bigotry towards the police. It's wrong to stereotype minorities and it's wrong to do it to cops too. There really are good cops out there, and they're trying man. It's gotta be hard with police unions and public relations being the way they are. It's gotta be hard for a good and honorable person that joined to risk their life to serve the public and now has to deal with hate and disgust from the people they joined to protect. I think if public hate towards the cops continues it'll just lead to less and less of those good cops trying to get in there and make a difference. Things will become even more tribal and the problem will get worse.

Last edited:
There's a thread going right now about how two cops took down a non-compliant white man without killing him. It comes with the assumption that those same exact cops would have killed a black man doing the same thing. Why do we assume those cops would do that? All we've ever seen those cops doing is a good job. Assuming they'd murder a black man if given the opportunity is just bigotry towards the police. It's wrong to stereotype minorities and it's wrong to do it to cops too. There really are good cops out there, and they're trying man. It's gotta be hard with police unions and public relations being the way they are. It's gotta be hard for a good and honorable person that joined to risk their life to serve the public and now has to deal with hate and disgust from the people they joined to protect. I think if public hate towards the cops continues it'll just lead to less and less of those good cops trying to get in there and make a difference. Things will become even more tribal and the problem will get worse.

Do you deny there is a problem with racial profiling and excessive use of force?

Those "Good Cops" know who the bad.eggs.are. they need to stand up and clean out.their nest

America.will be better for.it.

Do you deny there is a problem with racial profiling and excessive use of force?

No, but profiling the police is wrong too, and it's going to create more tension.

Those "Good Cops" know who the bad.eggs.are. they need to stand up and clean out.their nest

Those good cops are single people in the face of unions and systems that are far bigger than they are. Maybe it's a little more complicated than you think.

If Biden wins, this hatred of police will evaporate by way of a few well-placed commands from the Democratic Elites. After all, they cannot allow something like illogical hatred of police to interfere with their efforts to enact their agenda.

If Trump wins, then expect this hatred and the resulting actions in the streets to be fanned into a roaring conflagration by the Democratic Elites. If you think the levels of the Trump hater's opposition hav been extreme up to now, well...you ain't seen nothing yet.

with some cops, sure.
That's an assumption. How do you know that? Most times, you don't know someone is bad until an ACTUAL situation happens, and by then, you know....the situation has happened by then.

And how many situations turn out to be justified after more evidence is released? So many cops get their names and their departments embarressed over an entirely justified case. That **** has to stop.
not if the solution is anarchy.

If Biden wins, this hatred of police will evaporate by way of a few well-placed commands from the Democratic Elites. After all, they cannot allow something like illogical hatred of police to interfere with their efforts to enact their agenda.

If Trump wins, then expect this hatred and the resulting actions in the streets to be fanned into a roaring conflagration by the Democratic Elites. If you think the levels of the Trump hater's opposition hav been extreme up to now, well...you ain't seen nothing yet.

I am morbidly curious about how some lefties would react to a second Trump win. It wouldn't surprise me to see random acts of violence.

I am morbidly curious about how some lefties would react to a second Trump win. It wouldn't surprise me to see random acts of violence.

Some would say we are already seeing "random acts of violence". I disagree. The acts of violence going on in our cities right now are not random. They are organized.

Some would say we are already seeing "random acts of violence". I disagree. The acts of violence going on in our cities right now are not random. They are organized.

I'll never get rid of my tin foil hat because some part of me won't ever believe it's not one giant con, but it sure does get depressing to think that way.

The truck caravan was a “random” group, right?

Supporters good!

From Trumps briefing 31AUG20;

Q: But I notice you did not mention that your supporters were also in Portland this weekend, firing paintball guns at people, some form of pepper spray. So do you want to also take this chance to condemn what your supporters did in Portland?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I understand they had large numbers of people that were supporters, but that was a peaceful protest. And paint is not — and paint is a defensive mechanism; paint is not bullets.

Yeah they (acts of violence) are organized. How far did I Rittenhouse travel?

The truck caravan was a “random” group, right?

Supporters good!

From Trumps briefing 31AUG20;

Q: But I notice you did not mention that your supporters were also in Portland this weekend, firing paintball guns at people, some form of pepper spray. So do you want to also take this chance to condemn what your supporters did in Portland?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I understand they had large numbers of people that were supporters, but that was a peaceful protest. And paint is not — and paint is a defensive mechanism; paint is not bullets.

Yeah they (acts of violence) are organized. How far did I Rittenhouse travel?

The truck caravan was not an "act of violence"...random or otherwise. It was a peaceful demonstration that came under attack. Fortunately, people in that truck caravan were prepared with non-lethal defenses for such attacks...paintball guns and pepper spray. Unfortunately, their attackers then brought out their lethal offensive weapons and a man was killed.

Likewise, Rittenhouse did not engage in any acts of violence until he came under attack. In fact, his actions were quite the opposite. He gave aid to people who were injured, he peacefully prevented destruction including helping to put out a fire.

Tell me...why do you condemn a person for defending himself from those who mean to do him harm...while neglecting to condemn those who initiated the harm in the first place?

The truck caravan was not an "act of violence"...random or otherwise. It was a peaceful demonstration that came under attack. Fortunately, people in that truck caravan were prepared with non-lethal defenses for such attacks...paintball guns and pepper spray. Unfortunately, their attackers then brought out their lethal offensive weapons and a man was killed.

Likewise, Rittenhouse did not engage in any acts of violence until he came under attack. In fact, his actions were quite the opposite. He gave aid to people who were injured, he peacefully prevented destruction including helping to put out a fire.

Tell me...why do you condemn a person for defending himself from those who mean to do him harm...while neglecting to condemn those who initiated the harm in the first place?

I condemn both fringes that result in property damage, casualties and death. When you allow yourself to be organized to drive through an area of unrest with the sole purpose of fanning the flames already ignited and then complain when you get singed, that’s not self-defense.

Because there are so many examples of cops abusing people of colour for alleged minor transgressions, vs the majority of interactions with white people.

And the problem is that the policeband politicians do nothing to root out the racist bastards that clearly have infected the police. Take the police chief of Kenosha. He advocated locking black people into warehouses till they died and the problem was taken care off...this comment was ages ago and he is still there. No wonder the black guy was shot in the back 7 times and the 17 year old terrorist was allowed to run around heavily armed...

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

We understand the police systemic bias.

I condemn both fringes that result in property damage, casualties and death. When you allow yourself to be organized to drive through an area of unrest with the sole purpose of fanning the flames already ignited and then complain when you get singed, that’s not self-defense.

1. "with the sole purpose of fanning the flames" You really should avoid making **** up. None of the people in the caravan said their sole purpose was to fan any flames.

2. But, of course, by making **** up, that justifies blaming the victims of the violence rather than blaming the violent, themselves.

3. And you DON'T blame "both fringes". I've never seen you blame Antifa and BLM. You know...those "both fringes" that perpetrate property damage, casualties and death.

4. You only want to blame ordinary citizens. The victims. The people you say should stay away from the fringe groups and their "area of unrest".

Things will become even more tribal and the problem will get worse.

You hit the nail on the head!

I have no doubt whatsoever that in the coming decades, things WILL become more "tribal."

By the end of this century, the United States of America (if it still exists in its present configuration) will be a totally dysfunctional society.

Fact is, this stuff has been improving over the years. Things are better now under Trump than they were under Obama but the MSM would have you think that the problem is getting worse, not better, when the exact opposite is actually true.

Nancy Pelosi & Trump Impeachment -- Partisan Hate Is Becoming a National Crisis | National Review

“42 percent of the people in each party view the opposition as ‘downright evil.’” A stunning 20 percent of Democrats and 16 percent of Republicans believe “we’d be better off as a country if large numbers of the opposing party in the public today just died.” And if the opposing party wins the 2020 election, 18 percent of Democrats and 13 percent of Republicans “feel violence would be justified.”

Condemning isn't good enough. That is the left's problem, they think condemning stops the problem when it doesn't. What are the left actually going to do about it? Letting rioting and violence happen and then condemning it does nothing to stop it from happening. In fact, Portland now basically has a hands off policy to let the rioters riot. They have a blank check to do whatever they want. And, if more people die, we can always count on the left condemning it.

Condemning isn't good enough. That is the left's problem, they think condemning stops the problem when it doesn't. What are the left actually going to do about it? Letting rioting and violence happen and then condemning it does nothing to stop it from happening. In fact, Portland now basically has a hands off policy to let the rioters riot. They have a blank check to do whatever they want. And, if more people die, we can always count on the left condemning it.

Trump can’t even do that! I don’t live in Portland, condemnation is all I’ve got.....

Because there are so many examples of cops abusing people of colour for alleged minor transgressions, vs the majority of interactions with white people.

And the problem is that the policeband politicians do nothing to root out the racist bastards that clearly have infected the police. Take the police chief of Kenosha. He advocated locking black people into warehouses till they died and the problem was taken care off...this comment was ages ago and he is still there. No wonder the black guy was shot in the back 7 times and the 17 year old terrorist was allowed to run around heavily armed...

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Most of these "minor transgressions" involve resisting arrest and grabbing for the officer's firearms and tasers.

We understand the police systemic bias.

That is a made up myth. While there are bad employees here and there in all employment relationships, there is no systemic police bias. In fact, the truth is these incidents have been getting less and less, even under Trump than under Obama, but the lying enemy of the people MSM imply that things are getting worse when the facts clearly show they are getting better, not worse.

You hit the nail on the head!

I have no doubt whatsoever that in the coming decades, things WILL become more "tribal."

By the end of this century, the United States of America (if it still exists in its present configuration) will be a totally dysfunctional society.

End of the century? They call it Congressional gridlock for a reason and it's been happening already. And, that gridlock just mirrors the way society is today.

Trump can’t even do that! I don’t live in Portland, condemnation is all I’ve got.....

And if you lived in Portland? The trouble with the left is they refuse to do anything about the rioting and violence other than letting hit happen and then condemning it. Is condemning it going to stop it? The rioters don't give a **** that Wheeler condemns it. They don't give a **** that Biden and others on the left condemn it. Trump actually wanted to do something about it and the left told him to leave and let the rioting continue.

And if you lived in Portland? The trouble with the left is they refuse to do anything about the rioting and violence other than letting hit happen and then condemning it. Is condemning it going to stop it?

Convenient that you ignore the first line in my reply.

I think there should be a zero tolerance policy, a dusk to dawn curfew and the mayor and governor need to use all resources available to get the situation under control.

I am in favor of racial profiling. Young black men have a much higher crime rate than young white men and young Oriental men. The behavior of young back men should be scrutinized by the police more vigorously than the behavior of young white men and yung Oriental men. America will be better for it. Jesse Jackson appears to agree with me.

jesse-jackson-625630.jpg

Back
Top Bottom