• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I sure hope Bloomberg is right

He is warning about a Dem wipeout in November. I sure hope Americans are disturbed enough about so many current U.S. situations, that they let it be known when they vote!
A dem wipeout is a sure bet at this point. The large number of democrats congress people retiring or not seeking reelection is a sure sign of it.

Rats will always flee a sinking ship.

A dem wipeout is a sure bet at this point. The large number of democrats congress people retiring or not seeking reelection is a sure sign of it.

Rats will always flee a sinking ship.

Sure bro. And Trump landslides.

I never mentioned Trump, I was talking about Repubicans.

1. Trump is the leader of the Republican Party.
2. Your political predictions suck

He is warning about a Dem wipeout in November. I sure hope Americans are disturbed enough about so many current U.S. situations, that they let it be known when they vote!
As sure as the sun rising tomorrow .

You get what you deserve in the long run and Dumbos will be out of business for at least a generation .

Americans deserve something good and positive perhaps even being able to MAGA .

You can help by continuing to take the mail in ballots from your elderly relatives and completing them with your choices instead of the ballot owners' choices as you admitted to doing in the past.

Reactions: JMR
I think it is inevitable that the Dems do incredibly poorly in November. In addition to the historical loses in a Presidents 1st midterm the confluence of inflation and covid fatigue coupled with the debacle over handling of the BBB and voting restrictions pretty much ensures a bloodbath. It's too bad they are so crappy at messaging especially around Covid because the economy, jobs and the infrastructure bill are huge wins and I think Biden has done a great job restoring dignity, decency and order in the WH. I'm still holding out hope for a lousy showing on Trump supported candidates because the political demise of Trump is critical to restoring responsible governing. I am also still optimistic that the Dems can hold the Senate maybe even gain a seat or two.

I think it is inevitable that the Dems do incredibly poorly in November. In addition to the historical loses in a Presidents 1st midterm the confluence of inflation and covid fatigue coupled with the debacle over handling of the BBB and voting restrictions pretty much ensures a bloodbath. It's too bad they are so crappy at messaging especially around Covid because the economy, jobs and the infrastructure bill are huge wins and I think Biden has done a great job restoring dignity, decency and order in the WH. I'm still holding out hope for a lousy showing on Trump supported candidates because the political demise of Trump is critical to restoring responsible governing. I am also still optimistic that the Dems can hold the Senate maybe even gain a seat or two.

Dems have such a small margin in the house, that the GOP at most gains around 30 or so seats. Still a bloodbath, but nothing like 1994 or 2010, IMO.

@Puigb, I hope so but we'll see. I am hopeful of three things. The Dems keep the Senate, Fetterman wins PA and most Trump backed candidates lose their primaries and seats in reasonably competitive seats.

Not any more
So Trump is not the leader of the GOP? Who, pray tell, is the leader of the GOP?

Remember that several potential GOP candidates have already announced in advance that if Trump seeks the nomination, they will not oppose him.

Of course you do. Unless it is freedom to vote, freedom to make medical decisions, freedom to collective bargaining, freedom to marry whomever we want, freedom to teach true history.
Total LW nonsense spiel. Not worth my time to show you foolish this crap is.

SCOTUS’ approval of gerrymandering, along with the decennial census and redistricting, had already given the Trumplican Party a big advantage going into the ‘22 midterms.

Biden’s less than stellar performance has certainly given Trumplicans even more to be thankful for.

Still, even with a very good chance of taking Congress, the Senate could very well stay in Dem hands, and of course, Biden’s still got two more years to, at a minimum, block any shitty Trumplican legislation from becoming law.

What's frustrating is that Democrats have more popular policies than Republicans - in most cases anyway. But Democrats and liberals are way, way, waaaaay to consumed with shit that even a lot of progressives don't care about or even outright disagree with.

The SF school board vote should be the ultimate wakeup call. When other liberals say that other liberals have no clue what's on the mind of the average voter, it's time to wake up. Very few people - even progressives - think renaming a school just because someone might have owned a slave is a good use of public resources. That's especially true when many parents are forced to work at home because their kids' schools aren't even open.

The Virginia governor's race was smoke. The San Francisco school board election was a raging inferno. If they don't course correct now, it's going to be a bloodbath in November.

Total LW nonsense spiel. Not worth my time to show you foolish this crap is.
That's what I was hoping you'd say. Because I was really worried that you would come back and show me how foolish this crap is. I really dodged a bullet, here.

Attachments

• 95417839_10156929954290474_3577689426647580672_n.jpg
    95417839_10156929954290474_3577689426647580672_n.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 3
This is old news.

SCOTUS’ approval of gerrymandering, along with the decennial census and redistricting, had already given the Trumplican Party a big advantage going into the ‘22 midterms.
Not really. An edge surely, but much of the damage to Democrats is self inflicted.

Biden’s less than stellar performance has certainly given Trumplicans even more to be thankful for.
Biden is History's gift to Trump's legacy.

Still, even with a very good chance of taking Congress, the Senate could very well stay in Dem hands, and of course, Biden’s still got two more years to, at a minimum, block any shitty Trumplican legislation from becoming law.
The Senate is hanging by a thread but the thread has not broken yet.

Hopefully, it’ll be enough to counter TX, OH, NC, and FL.
So it's only opposition gerrymandering that is harmful. Got it. ;)

UVa did a study of voting patterns. The conclusion is that many fewer districts are competitive, but close districts are more likely to flip.

Anytime the House prevents stupid spending, I’m happy! 👍
Everyone says that and everyone means it. It's the definition of stupid spending that gets you in trouble.

Yes, I'm disturbed over where the two loudest mouthpieces for the GOP have gone re: Russia and Ukraine. (Tucker and Trump)
I'm not worried about Trump. He's only saying the obvious--Putin is good at this sort of game.

I have no idea what Tucker Carlson says about anything. I rarely even care.

You ask me, your hopes are being dashed, because the real patriots in this country are sickened by it, and it's a lot more serious than CRT hogwash and face masks. We're not loving the gushing support for the Canadian trucker protests, either. Anarchy and military takeover of free nations is not as popular as you think.
Like stupid spending in RaleBulgarian's post, defining true patriots will get you in conflict.

@Puigb, I hope so but we'll see. I am hopeful of three things. The Dems keep the Senate, Fetterman wins PA and most Trump backed candidates lose their primaries and seats in reasonably competitive seats.
The Senate is possible though probably not even 50% any longer.

Fetterman is in a dog fight and the outcomes is far from decided. I kind of like the guy but he's swimming against the current.

Trump has always been very well supported among Republicans, much more than Biden by Democrats. It's mostly the Republicans in Washington that don't like him.

Fetterman is in a dog fight and the outcomes is far from decided. I kind of like the guy but he's swimming against the current
Why do you think that? He is quite popular in PA and thus far the GOP nomination looks to be going OZ's way....spare me Lord if the choice is Oz or Fetterman and they go with Oz.

The latest with redistricting​

FEB. 23, 2022
Thirty-eight states — most recently Pennsylvania and North Carolina — have now finished redrawing their congressional maps (not counting the six states with only one congressional district). And every other state has at least begun the redistricting process.
Although Republicans went into the redistricting cycle with control over drawing more districts, it is actually Democrats who have gained ground from the process at this point. So far, redistricting has created 12 more Democratic-leaning seats nationally, five fewer Republican-leaning seats and seven fewer highly competitive seats. This is due to aggressive map-drawing by Democrats in states such as New York as well as court decisions overturning Republican gerrymanders in Ohio and North Carolina.

After accounting for incumbency, however, Democrats’ gains should be smaller: Democrats will likely flip around three seats in 2022 due to redistricting. In addition, Republicans have helped their own cause by converting light-red districts into safer seats in states like Texas.

However, there are still a few unknowns that could change these topline takeaways. For instance, Republicans who control the redistricting process in Florida are divided over how far to press their advantage. A bipartisan map has already passed the state Senate, but Gov. Ron DeSantis has proposed an alternative that would give Republicans more seats. Another big wild card is how the Ohio Redistricting Commission redraws the Buckeye State’s map.

That's what I was hoping you'd say. Because I was really worried that you would come back and show me how foolish this crap is. I really dodged a bullet, here.
You think McConnell makes a difference?

What's frustrating is that Democrats have more popular policies than Republicans - in most cases anyway. But Democrats and liberals are way, way, waaaaay to consumed with shit that even a lot of progressives don't care about or even outright disagree with.
One lesson I’ve wished for years the Dems would take from Republicans is “stand together in public, bicker amongst yourselves privately”.

I realize that Republicans don’t always abided the principle, but they do stick to it much more often than the Dems, who appear to take pleasure in publicly tearing each other down.
The SF school board vote should be the ultimate wakeup call. When other liberals say that other liberals have no clue what's on the mind of the average voter, it's time to wake up. Very few people - even progressives - think renaming a school just because someone might have owned a slave is a good use of public resources. That's especially true when many parents are forced to work at home because their kids' schools aren't even open.
Removing the names of traitorous Confederates from public schools, military bases, and other government buildings is long overdue, but certainly less important in the present than taking action to protect and educate children. No argument , the SF school board badly lost sight of what’s most important, and got what they deserved. A shame they all couldn’t be recalled.
The Virginia governor's race was smoke. The San Francisco school board election was a raging inferno. If they don't course correct now, it's going to be a bloodbath in November.
I agree, and think it’s likely too late to save Congress from Trumplicans taking over next January.

Why do you think that? He is quite popular in PA and thus far the GOP nomination looks to be going OZ's way....spare me Lord if the choice is Oz or Fetterman and they go with Oz.
Most major pundits rate it a tossup. Fetterman is only the Lt Governor, not Governor and that's a fairly big deal. He is imposing as hell, has great name and profile recognition, and seems to be the leader in fundraising, but he is not even sure of the Democrat's nomination.

Even if he is the leading Democrat, there is still November. I know you consider him far above Oz but the pundits don't agree. To repeat, this is rated a tossup at best.

The latest with redistricting​

FEB. 23, 2022
Thirty-eight states — most recently Pennsylvania and North Carolina — have now finished redrawing their congressional maps (not counting the six states with only one congressional district). And every other state has at least begun the redistricting process.
Although Republicans went into the redistricting cycle with control over drawing more districts, it is actually Democrats who have gained ground from the process at this point. So far, redistricting has created 12 more Democratic-leaning seats nationally, five fewer Republican-leaning seats and seven fewer highly competitive seats. This is due to aggressive map-drawing by Democrats in states such as New York as well as court decisions overturning Republican gerrymanders in Ohio and North Carolina.

After accounting for incumbency, however, Democrats’ gains should be smaller: Democrats will likely flip around three seats in 2022 due to redistricting. In addition, Republicans have helped their own cause by converting light-red districts into safer seats in states like Texas.

However, there are still a few unknowns that could change these topline takeaways. For instance, Republicans who control the redistricting process in Florida are divided over how far to press their advantage. A bipartisan map has already passed the state Senate, but Gov. Ron DeSantis has proposed an alternative that would give Republicans more seats. Another big wild card is how the Ohio Redistricting Commission redraws the Buckeye State’s map.

Here is a UVa article on similar subjects. It concludes that there are going to be fewer contested races, but the ones that are close are more likely to flip.

Most major pundits rate it a tossup and as you point out, his nomination is far from certain. Fetterman is only the Lt Governor, not Governor and that's a fairly big deal. He is imposing as hell, has great name and profile recognition, and seems to be the leader in fundraising, but he is not even sure of the Democrat's nomination.

Even if he is the leading Democrat, there is still November. I know you consider him far above Oz but the pundits don't agree. To repeat, this is rated a tossup at best.
Yes Lamb but at this point not sure it is a serious challenge. If it's Fetterman against OZ my money says the Lt Govenor will beat the carpet bagger.

Last edited:
Not really. An edge surely, but much of the damage to Democrats is self inflicted.
Inflicted because they weren’t the majorities when redistributing took place.
Biden is History's gift to Trump's legacy.
😆 no
So it's only opposition gerrymandering that is harmful. Got it. 😉
Remember, “elections have consequences”?

Turnabout’s fair play.
UVa did a study of voting patterns. The conclusion is that many fewer districts are competitive, but close districts are more likely to flip.

I’m well aware of VA’s redistricting practices. IMO, we have the fairest system for redistricting in the country.

Yes Lamb but at this point not sure it is a serious challenge. If it's Fetterman against OZ my money says the Lt Govenor will beat the carpet bagger.
You're a Democrat, so that's no shock.

Inflicted because they weren’t the majorities when redistributing took place.
No. The self-inflicted damage was when Democrats abandoned everything but urban centers. You can see it in several states with one or two major cities and large rural areas. For example Wisconsin. There are posters who claim that it's an example of gerrymandering, but it's not. Democrats focused all their attention on Madison, Green Bay, and Milwaukee and ignored the rest of the state. Look at the third sub-image. This was all between redistricting.

DREW-WI-1024x884.png

You laugh now, but Biden is the punchline of the joke.

Remember, “elections have consequences”?
You are the one complaining about Republicans having more control in redistricting. That is a consequence of elections.

Turnabout’s fair play.
Then quitcher bitchin'.

I’m well aware of VA’s redistricting practices. IMO, we have the fairest system for redistricting in the country.
What that has to do with a professor writing book on national trends is unclear.

Back
Top Bottom