• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I still miss Queen

BDBoop

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
So I was wandering through Youtube and happened upon this duet by David Bowie and Annie Lennox. Under Pressure is one of my favorite Queen songs, so I gave it a listen. Yeah, they look kind of weird; so did Freddie Mercury, most of the time. ;)

Any other Queen fans around?

thanks for that, you can tell its gonna be good when david bowie is the normal looking one :mrgreen:

......Not all of the time, but some, yes. :lol: This is my favourite.

thanks for that, you can tell its gonna be good when david bowie is the normal looking one :mrgreen:

Oh, I know. I read about how his eyes were blue until a fight with a friend, and now the eye that was affected looks either brown or green ... anyway. Wish I could have been at this concert.

I've never heard this song! Says this is his best live vocal performance ever.

I almost got to work on one of their music vids but Freddie died before it was made

Oh, MAN! I'm so sorry. Lord, that would have been sweet.

I almost got to work on one of their music vids but Freddie died before it was made

OMG, too easy. Why didn't I see that coming? Need more coffee.

OMG, too easy. Why didn't I see that coming? Need more coffee.

Well, I have to admit you DID set up the cymbals and hand me the drum sticks.

Huge fan of queen here. One of my favorites is Tenement Funster/Flick of the Wrist/Lilly of the Valley among their other obscure and rarely if ever heard on radio gems. Queen is easily among my favorite bands.

Inorite?! You should be ashamed of yourself! Too easy.

Well, I have to admit you DID set up the cymbals and hand me the drum sticks.

How could you even let him get away with such a theft?? He doesn't deserve to have that kind of power. :(

Vanilla Ice ruined Under Pressure for me.

Annie Lenox has no business singing that song.

I introduced the boy to Queen via youtube this summer, and he was mighty impressed. He asked me if Freddie Mercury had achieved the same level of fame as Michael Jackson, and I told him that's exactly what's wrong with the music industry. FM & Queen were exceptionally talented. Not the MJ wasn't talented in his own genre, but it's like comparing Mozart to Yanni.

My two yearold is working on learning the words to we will rock you. She loves that song!

Oh, that'd be a fun one with the clapping and stomping!

My two yearold is working on learning the words to we will rock you. She loves that song!

Show her this:

I love Annie.

Comparing Michael Jackson to Freddie Mercury - I don't know. MJ was very talented but it's SO different. And losing Freddie broke my heart. Such a waste.

Annie Lenox has no business singing that song.

I introduced the boy to Queen via youtube this summer, and he was mighty impressed. He asked me if Freddie Mercury had achieved the same level of fame as Michael Jackson, and I told him that's exactly what's wrong with the music industry. FM & Queen were exceptionally talented. Not the MJ wasn't talented in his own genre, but it's like comparing Mozart to Yanni.

Back
Top Bottom