• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I simply dont understand

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I simply do not understand all the violence against Jewish people.

Can anyone on the forum explain this violence is a way that has even one tiny iota reason.

Can anyone on the forum explain this violence is a way that has even one tiny iota reason.
Put two highly traumatized populations who have conflicting religious, economic, and historical identities in close proximity. Add in a healthy dose of tribalism and there you are.

Put two highly traumatized populations who have conflicting religious, economic, and historical identities in close proximity. Add in a healthy dose of tribalism and there you are.

He simply does not understand that.

Can you make a very simple drawing that even a first grader could understand?

It began with the Christian Biblical teaching that Jews and their descendents are responsible for the killing of Christ.

Israelis are the boys. Palestinians are the girl. Teacher forces coed kickball to happen.

The Jewish people here in the US are THOUSANDS of miles away from that terrorism.

It began with the Christian Biblical teaching that Jews and their descendents are responsible for the killing of Christ.
What has that to do with todays muslim terrorist in Gaza?

I also understand that Israel DID NOT START this latest war along the Gaza strip. The muslim terrorist did. They should be the object of any hatred world wide.

It started when Trump said, "I think Jewish people that vote for a Democrat—I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” and Trump supporters weaponized the sentiment.

In b4 the relocation........

I also understand that Israel DID NOT START this latest war along the Gaza strip. The muslim terrorist did. They should be the object of any hatred world wide.
It's not that simple, and that you're making this kind of statement indicates you're not familiar with the ongoing conflict. There's a whole subform on the topic.

Does that "book" explain how Israel is the victim of muslim terrorist rocket attacks. Israel is truely a victim here.

So the question remains, why all the Jewish hatred.
The Muslims don't care about Christ, but the Law does, so it channels a reaction through them.

What inflames Islam, is the story of Abraham, which is fictitious, because Israel came from Jericho to be preached to by clever Indian Priests who knew the Lord was coming and that He needed a people.

You could have ended this OP after 5 words and we all would have agreed with you.

No the actual fact here is that it was church LEADERS at the time, because Christ proved them wrong, and they hated him for that.

It started when Trump said, "I think Jewish people that vote for a Democrat—I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” and Trump supporters weaponized the sentiment.
Wow when all else fails, and there is no logical reason, blame Trump.

Does that "book" explain how Israel is the victim of muslim terrorist rocket attacks. Israel is truely a victim here.

So the question remains, why all the Jewish hatred.
The Jews say God gave Abraham and his descendants the land based on a fictional story.

We say to Muslims, if they had stopped the Holocaust, they wouldn't have Israel.

To stop the Holocaust, you need to protect Indian cows.

No the actual fact here is that it was church LEADERS at the time, because Christ proved them wrong, and they hated him for that.

I have heard that it was a way to take responsibility away from the Romans, with whom this new group wanted to earn favor.

there is always suspicion of the “other”: The dirty Irishman or Italian or Polack, Kraut, Chink, Catholic, Jew, Muslim, negro, Mexican, etc, etc...

It’s a common human reaction. Historically, in a past that has been characterized by violent rivalry between various tribes for scarce resources, that has been probably been an advantageous attitude.

This instinct is much like how insects are attracted to light. It can be often adaptive and helpful. But one advantage that we humans have over insects is our supposedly better developed brain, and knowing when certain instincts are maladaptive rather than helpful and learning to override them when they are potentially hurtful. It’s time to stop this tendency.

I guess another thing I dont understand is why the people that live in Gaza dont stop the Hamas terrorist, because they are the one that suffer after Hamas rocket terrorist attacks on Israel.

Why would you expect a rational explanation of an irrational act? All forms of bigotry are by definition irrational prejudices.

Back
Top Bottom