• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Signed the Permit For It

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Just a line from walking dead. Rick...a former cop...signs something for liquor store and bar owners to keep a gun behind the counter in Georgia. Permits? Lol why does everyone in Hollywood think there are permits for guns?

Do they think permits are good ideas? Is that what they are saying? Idk. But it seems pop culture doesn't understand firearms.

Liberals do not understand any sort of self reliance. To them, all things come from the government. They become angry at those who simply want to be left alone and take care of themselves. It is strange.

Just a line from walking dead. Rick...a former cop...signs something for liquor store and bar owners to keep a gun behind the counter in Georgia. Permits? Lol why does everyone in Hollywood think there are permits for guns?
Do they think permits are good ideas? Is that what they are saying? Idk. But it seems pop culture doesn't understand firearms.
In some places, there are laws against firearms being where liquor is sold. Perhaps the permits related to having a firearms where liquor is sold.
Did you rule out that possibility before you reached your conclusion as to what the show was on about?

Since the sheriff was signing the permits, perhaps it was a county ordinance.
We probably cannot look up the ordinances of King county Georgia.

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

Last edited:
In some places, there are laws against firearms being where liquor is sold. Perhaps the permits related to having a firearms where liquor is sold.
Did you rule out that possibility before you reached your conclusion as to what the show was on about?

Since the sheriff was signing the permits, perhaps it was a county ordinance.
We probably cannot look up the ordinances of King county Georgia.

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

He wasn't a sheriff ;) he was a deputy :).

It's illegal in many states to possess a firearm in an establishment where alcohol is to be consumed on site (such as a bar or club). Georgia, where Walking Dead takes place, is one of these many states that bans the carry of a firearm, regardless of carry permit, in an establishment where alcohol is consumed. Some of these states may require a permit for bar owners to possess a firearm on these premises.

It's illegal in many states to possess a firearm in an establishment where alcohol is to be consumed on site (such as a bar or club). Georgia, where Walking Dead takes place, is one of these many states that bans the carry of a firearm, regardless of carry permit, in an establishment where alcohol is consumed. Some of these states may require a permit for bar owners to possess a firearm on these premises.

Rick is a deputy. Not a sheriff. What is he doing signing permits?

part of the eric holder re education campaign to change the mindset on firearms in America....propanda at its best.

It's even more vague than that. A person can have a firearm in a bar with the express permission of the owner as long as the person with the firearm is not consuming alcohol. Stranger yet, it is legal to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol (even if you are drinking) but not in a bar that serves food.

Liberals do not understand any sort of self reliance. To them, all things come from the government. They become angry at those who simply want to be left alone and take care of themselves. It is strange.

Jesus H. Christ! Can you write one ****ing post without slinging partisan crap. Give it a ****ing rest! I know many gun owners who are not liberals and many conservatives who don't own guns.

I thought that was odd when I heard it too. Also, it seemed odd to me that they had trouble finding guns and ammo in rural Georgia.

Methinks some writer didn't do sufficient research.

Permits are a form of permission, rights do not need permission to be exercised.

I thought that was odd when I heard it too. Also, it seemed odd to me that they had trouble finding guns and ammo in rural Georgia.

Yet they seem to have no problem finding fully automatic "assault weapons" complete with scopes. Hell one of the bad guys has a Steyr Aug that is fully Automatic. I have seen 1 in my life lol. And that was at a HUGE gun show. And it wasn't for sale. Lol. I think I have seen only 3-4 shotguns on the show too.

Morgan Jones, the black guy Rick meets after waking up in hospital, ended up with a room full of guns and ammo, presumable without straying too far from his own house.
I suspect that a lot of the problems with finding the guns had to do with the difficulty of searching opposed to difficulty of finding.

Morgan Jones, the black guy Rick meets after waking up in hospital, ended up with a room full of guns and ammo, presumable without straying too far from his own house.
I suspect that a lot of the problems with finding the guns had to do with the difficulty of searching opposed to difficulty of finding.

Obviously. But he had grenades...where the hell did he get those? And SLRs? Those are an old school British gun otherwise known as an FAL. Lol. It was amusing.

Obviously. But he had grenades...where the hell did he get those? And SLRs? Those are an old school British gun otherwise known as an FAL. Lol. It was amusing.
If rural Georgia is similar to rural Arkansas, the question answers itself.
I know more than on person with a "shelter."

Back
Top Bottom