• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"I side with.."

Captain America

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Take the quiz. I must admit, the results can be quite shocking.

Political personalities aside, it's all about how you feel on this policy or that policy. Then it tells you which candidate is the most aligned with your views.

https://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential-quiz

Then try to tell the truth as to whom it says you mostly align with.

Quite revealing. :shock:

I side with nobody. The last time I took that, and it was back when there were a lot of people in the GOP clown car, I didn't score above 50% on anyone.

Actually just went and retook it, all of the questions in all of the categories, and matched best with Trump at 69%, but that's still pathetic. I can't stand any of them and disagree with all of them.

Last edited:

Political personalities aside, it's all about how you feel on this policy or that policy. Then it tells you which candidate is the most aligned with your views.

according to the test i got Hilary 80% Trump 66% which I find funny. I did answer every single question though not just the ones showing.

according to the test i got Hilary 80% Trump 66% which I find funny. I did answer every single question though not just the ones showing.

Is it sad that even though those are my results I have no plans of voting for hillary unless I ever get the feeling that Trump has a legit shot to win.
When I take quizzes like this with this many social issues on it it always seems to pull me left. I thinks thats sad and wrong because many people that lean right feel the same I do on social issues its just not the stereotypical view. Millions of us have no desire to discriminate against gays, muslims or transgender nor do we want SSM rolled back.

2486398607.jpg

Stein a close second, HRC first. I'm not really surprised, since she will say anything to get elected, it's hard to disagree with her.

When I take quizzes like this with this many social issues on it it always seems to pull me left. I thinks thats sad and wrong because many people that lean right feel the same I do on social issues its just not the stereotypical view. Millions of us have no desire to discriminate against gays, muslims or transgender nor do we want SSM rolled back.

None of this pulls me anywhere. I believe what I believe and that's that. I don't side with any candidate, they have to side with me. If they don't, my views don't change, I just don't support them.

None of this pulls me anywhere. I believe what I believe and that's that. I don't side with any candidate, they have to side with me. If they don't, my views don't change, I just don't support them.

No you misunderstood. It doesn't pull "me" personally it pulls my RESULTS. I agree with you 100% they have to side with me. My point is I feel I lean right and use to claim right, now I claim independant because of all the partisan crap. But when I take quizes like this, the more social issues the more it pulls my RESULTS left/center, if there's only a couple question I'm usually always right.

No you misunderstood. It doesn't pull "me" personally it pulls my RESULTS. I agree with you 100% they have to side with me. My point is I feel I lean right and use to claim right, now I claim independant because of all the partisan crap. But when I take quizes like this, the more social issues the more it pulls my RESULTS left/center, if there's only a couple question I'm usually always right.

I agree with you there, socially I'm probably more centrist than right wing, which is why I don't give a damn about lean, I am what I am, period. And that's probably why I don't fit with any candidates, nobody is moderate in any meaningful way, both sides are trying to appeal to the extremes and I hate the extremes on both sides.

2486463037.jpg

No idea who this Darrell Castle guy is. The results do seem about right personally.

I agree with you there, socially I'm probably more centrist than right wing, which is why I don't give a damn about lean, I am what I am, period. And that's probably why I don't fit with any candidates, nobody is moderate in any meaningful way, both sides are trying to appeal to the extremes and I hate the extremes on both sides.

Trump is way more extreme (socially) than HRC. HRC is just experiencing biased support. She's an old girl. I hate to say it, but Obama favors her because he knows her personally.

I ended up at 66% as my highest with Gary Johnson. /shrug I supposed having someone lined up with about 2/3'ds of my beliefs was interesting enough. I didn't expect it to be that high for anyone on the list to be honest.

Trump is way more extreme (socially) than HRC. HRC is just experiencing biased support. She's an old girl. I hate to say it, but Obama favors her because he knows her personally.

She's also a lying sack of sh*t with a long, long, long record of failing when it mattered and lying about it. She couldn't get my vote under any circumstances, period. I wouldn't piss on her if she was in fire. The depth of my loathing for her knows no bounds. The only reason I'm casting a vote at all is to keep that stupid bitch out of the White House.

I ended up at 66% as my highest with Gary Johnson. /shrug I supposed having someone lined up with about 2/3'ds of my beliefs was interesting enough. I didn't expect it to be that high for anyone on the list to be honest.

I went through some of the candidates, looking at where we disagreed and most of those were deal breakers.

Well I apparently side with Gary Johnson at 84%, which is not surprising.

Candidates you side with...

Gary Johnson 84%
Gary Johnson Libertarian: on domestic policy, foreign policy, economic, social, science, criminal, healthcare, and electoral issues.

Jill Stein 72%
Jill Stein Green: on domestic policy, foreign policy, criminal, science, and electoral issues.

Donald Trump 70%
Donald Trump Republican: on immigration and healthcare issues.

Darrell Castle 67%
Darrell Castle Constitution: on domestic policy, social, immigration, and criminal issues.

Hillary Clinton 57%
Hillary Clinton Democratic: on criminal and electoral issues.

Will I vote for Gary Johnson? No, not unless the polls show he has the best chance of beating Hillary Clinton.

Until then I will vote for Trump.

Last edited:
I went through some of the candidates, looking at where we disagreed and most of those were deal breakers.

Which is exactly the problem. It makes it hard to choose a candidate when there are issues they support that I am vehemently opposed to. I just thought that it was interesting that any candidate even scored a 66% since most of my answers were "Type paragraph on fixing the world here"

Which is exactly the problem. It makes it hard to choose a candidate when there are issues they support that I am vehemently opposed to. I just thought that it was interesting that any candidate even scored a 66% since most of my answers were "Type paragraph on fixing the world here"

I don't use the "fill in the blank" option because they can't match you based on that. I'd use it all the time and get 0% on everyone. :)

I got a 97% match with Jill Stein having answered all the questions, although a closer examination of our rationales (under "compare answers") reveals our motives to be quite different. There are also a substantial number of questions where there is no answer from Jill Stein, only my answer. So, not sure what that means.

85% with Gary Johnson and Darrel Castle and 79% with Trump. I must have been pulled toward Trump on the immigration issues.

2486757262.jpg

Last edited:
85% with Gary Johnson and Darrel Castle and 79% with Trump. I must have been pulled toward Trump on the immigration issues.

I don't share your views, but I'm interested to see how this plays over the course of the next four months. Darrel Castle appears to have previously withdrawn his candidacy which should be of some concern to his supporters.

Trump 92%.

Castle/Constitution 88%.
Johnson/libertarian 84%
Hillary 30%
Stein/Green 25%.

Not really surprising. I've said before I agree with many of Trump's expressed policy positions... but with all politicians, one wonders if they will keep to their word. Mostly, not so much.

I'm answering this, but I already have my doubts.

Question:Should victims of gun violence be allowed to sue firearms dealers and manufacturers?

Possible answer: Yes, as long as the losing party pays all legal fees, it’s our constitutional right to sue anyone for any reason

Problem: The constitution doesn't have the slightest ****ing bit to do with whether or not the losing party pays all fees.

Problem: In this country there is no loser-pays rule. You have to bring a suit so frivolous that a judge says you lose even if every fact you stated was proven true AND the judge is mad enough to make you (or much more likely, your lawyer) pay.

There are also some burden-shifting statutes where those statutes create a basis of suit not previously available in common law.

I don't know what it'll say since most of my votes are "add your own stance" ....

Or: Should corporations and unions (Super PACs) be allowed to donate to political candidates?

Well, what if I happen to think "yes, but with limitations". For example, a total amount a citizen can donate for overtly political purposes (I know, grey area) split up however they want to, be it individually, or to PACs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom