• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"I side with.."

I took the quiz again. This time, I was more careful and specific in my answers, always checking the "other stance" options for something closer to my precise position.

I ended up with:

Gary Johnson 85%

Trump 81%
Castle 77%
Hillary 60%
Stein 37%

Interesting! . . yeah I always took take the full quiz, did you notice theres even more questions than they additionally show? I answer them all and always do the other stances if it matters.
Your retake makes me feel less like an odd ball.

I actually have many references. I'm not blindly left leaning. I do evaluate my positions and I used "Add Your Own Stance" for more 3/4 of the questions. I have certain core values. Others have theirs. I'm actually more fiscally conservative than any of those questions would allow me to indicate.

Oh sorry I didn't mean to imply you were blindly left, that was not my intention. I was just curious if it makes things easier to be solidly on the left. While I feel I lean right I usually find it hard to decided on many issues. There are certain ones that are cut and dry for me and those tend social issues and rights. But like you I'm more fiscally conservative.

Sometimes I just feel like an odd ball since I got 80% Hilary, 66% Trump . . . I wonder how its possible for me to have that mix while others have like 90/10 mixes in either direction.

Attachments

• 2487730517.jpg
    2487730517.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 55
Hey there's somebody that's more like me I got an 80 to 66%. I didn't mind the quiz so much but like I said earlier when there's lots of social questions (there were 13) it will pull my results left.

"Culture war" questions tend to throw me on the Left as well. I'm an education policy kind of guy, so I think relying on two questions is pretty bad. I was ambivalent toward Common Core, but because I knew a lot about it, either my defense or critiques of it would throw me one direction or the other. So because I saw an "other" opinion that actually matched my viewpoint, it thought I was on the same education wavelength as Trump, Johnson, and presumably Cruz--which I am not.

image.jpg not too surprising. And I answered all the questions for the most accurate results.

Take the quiz. I must admit, the results can be quite shocking.

Political personalities aside, it's all about how you feel on this policy or that policy. Then it tells you which candidate is the most aligned with your views.

https://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential-quiz

Then try to tell the truth as to whom it says you mostly align with.

Quite revealing. :shock:

Not sure that the quiz really says which way you may be aligned. First, there is weighting. So something I may barely care about gets equal weight to something that to me may be vital. Next Trump is not a conventional Republican. For example he is for funding planned parenthood (at least that is his stated stance). Also the questions are not nuanced enough. The way the questions are posed and then interpreted by the reader the same person could be for or against the same answer.

Not sure that the quiz really says which way you may be aligned. First, there is weighting. So something I may barely care about gets equal weight to something that to me may be vital. Next Trump is not a conventional Republican. For example he is for funding planned parenthood (at least that is his stated stance). Also the questions are not nuanced enough. The way the questions are posed and then interpreted by the reader the same person could be for or against the same answer.

Well your first two are non issues. It doesn't get equal weighting if you say you don't care about it. There's an important scale with each question that you can rank. Right left doesnt seem to matter to the poll. It places you where your questions lead you hence my results. Now for the wording of the questions that COULD be a concern but you can write in your own answers and if you slect "other stances" it does ok at expanding choices.

Well your first two are non issues. It doesn't get equal weighting if you say you don't care about it. There's an important scale with each question that you can rank. Right left doesnt seem to matter to the poll. It places you where your questions lead you hence my results. Now for the wording of the questions that COULD be a concern but you can write in your own answers and if you slect "other stances" it does ok at expanding choices.

Thanks I guess I did not look hard enough at the quiz. Just saw the questions with possible responses. Did not fill it in or see the importance scale.

Political personalities aside, it's all about how you feel on this policy or that policy. Then it tells you which candidate is the most aligned with your views.

HAH!

Jill Stein: 75%
Johnson: 64%

Exactly how I've seen myself and my views aligning - which is why I cannot choose between the two!

Thanks I guess I did not look hard enough at the quiz. Just saw the questions with possible responses. Did not fill it in or see the importance scale.

You're welcome, the first time I took it I just tblew right though it too not really paying attention ;)

Oh sorry I didn't mean to imply you were blindly left, that was not my intention. I was just curious if it makes things easier to be solidly on the left. While I feel I lean right I usually find it hard to decided on many issues. There are certain ones that are cut and dry for me and those tend social issues and rights. But like you I'm more fiscally conservative.

Sometimes I just feel like an odd ball since I got 80% Hilary, 66% Trump . . . I wonder how its possible for me to have that mix while others have like 90/10 mixes in either direction.

No worries. :)

I don't know how old you are, but I certainly feel more comfortable in my own skin at my age. I know better who I am and experience has taught me what matters to me. I seem to be able to stay more consistent in my values. That doesn't mean I don't consider new information or examining the other side of issues though. I read things that make me uncomfortable because they differ greatly from my own opinions and I subject my beliefs to challenges. Like entering discussions here that test my views.

You're not odd, I think you're just more centrist than you may realize. There is nothing wrong with occupying the middle of the political spectrum. As for others here being 90/10, I try to keep in mind that people attracted to forums like these are very passionate about their positions so they are much more likely to live at ends of or at least past center of either side of the spectrum.

2488474806.jpg

I'm still going to #FeeltheJohnson

Gary Johnson 80%
Stein 76%
Clinton 74%
Trump 69%
Always Independent
Maybe I will vote for a candidate after all, or.....

This questionnaire also focuses on policy, which is normally important. But something tells be policy is going to be a minor player in this election. It is going to be more about personalities and temperments.

I Side With.jpg

No surprise there as far as Gary Johnson goes, but I am surprised by two major things: I manage to agree with practically everyone in this election on at least half of the issues, and someone named Darrell Castle is apparently running for President.

Clinton 63 percent and Johnson 58 percent were the closest I am to a candidate as a centrist in the "Ideology" section.

On my test, Gov. Johnson was top and Sen. Clinton was bottom which I can agree with. My only problem was having Deiicate Donald as number two. Of course, the test was predicated on Devious Donald's recent epiphany and lies. In reality, for me, Mr. Trump and Sen. Clinton are in bed together as two happy Democrats.

TrumpBClinton.jpg

Perhaps it's a Democrat sandwich.

nonsense questions

Do you think police officers must wear body cameras?

Yes - but how in the hell is that an issue in a presidential election?

they ask a ton of those.

I'm still going to #FeeltheJohnson

He's not going to win anyway, so he should probably officially adopt that hashtag....

nonsense questions

Do you think police officers must wear body cameras?

Yes - but how in the hell is that an issue in a presidential election?

Answer: use of federal highway fund dollars as a carrot to get states to get their police departments to put on bodycams.

Unless you are saying that there simply is no "lack of bodycam" problem, hence no issue; in which case I say that you are wrong.

Answer: use of federal highway fund dollars as a carrot to get states to get their police departments to put on bodycams.

Unless you are saying that there simply is no "lack of bodycam" problem, hence no issue; in which case I say that you are wrong.

I strongly oppose the federal government taking money from citizens, then blackmailing them with said money

Back
Top Bottom