• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I say we give black people two votes

Your profile says you are in LA. LA is a taker state (doesn't generate enough in state revenue to pay your bills), and CA and NY are two of the eight states that allow you to pay lower taxes or receive more benefits than your state deserves. Raise your taxes, lower your service levels, say thank you or shut up..

I don't get a ****ing dime from those communist states. **** them and their politics. I will not shut up.

You 'don't accept' that telling two people who commit and are charged with the same crime, 'one of you can pay bail so you can go free, the other can't afford it so you will sit in jail', is discriminatory? Then you are not very rational. Crime rates have nothing to do with the issue. You simply use them to defend an injustice. Luckily, more rational people are addressing this. If you actually cared about the 'crime', you'd be opposing bail for people with money.

Crime rates have a lot to do with it .. who is committing the crimes and where do they sit financially? The way I see it is you can either have equal opportunity or equal outcomes, but you can't have both. Personally, I don't have sympathy for criminals, and if cash is the problem, Antifa, BLM and other individuals have established funding mechanisms to bail people out.

I don't get a ****ing dime from those communist states. **** them and their politics. I will not shut up.

Do you live in LA? You say you do. Are you ignorant? I don't think so, but your refusal to accept facts is making me lean towards a reassessment.

Do you live in LA? You say you do. Are you ignorant? I don't think so, but your refusal to accept facts is making me lean towards a reassessment.

I'm not a Leftist, so no, I'm not ignorant. :lamo

I'm not a Leftist, so no, I'm not ignorant. :lamo

And yet you refuse to accept the facts in front of your face. That may make you a rightist, but it doesn't make you correct.

Crime rates have a lot to do with it .. who is committing the crimes and where do they sit financially? The way I see it is you can either have equal opportunity or equal outcomes, but you can't have both. Personally, I don't have sympathy for criminals, and if cash is the problem, Antifa, BLM and other individuals have established funding mechanisms to bail people out.

It has nothing to do with it. If two people are charged with the same crime, there's no good reason for having money to decide only one of them sits in jail. It doesn't matter whether the crime rate is that half have money and get out or 1% have money and get out, it's the same principle.

What is the question. Post the post.

That's the question. I want to know if you apply your beliefs to people from Mexico and South America who want to move here.

That's the question. I want to know if you apply your beliefs to people from Mexico and South America who want to move here.

What was the original post I responded to?

Not really. But there's a much better case for doing THAT than the electoral system to give an arbitrary group of people inflated votes, who happen to live in less populated states.

It's nothing but cheating put into the law. If you reacted with hostility to the two votes for black people idea, then you should react with even more hostility to the electoral system corruption. The Senate is one thing, where 500,000 Wyomingans get the same say as 40,000,000 Californians, which is like 80 votes per Wyoming voter, but their getting a big 'bonus' vote for president is just wrong.

Been in effect for well over 200 years. Democrats despise much of America. This goal is purely to increase odds of winning elections. Elections are already hijacked due to illegals distorting the census count and the reapportioning of congressional seats.

But there's a much better case for doing THAT than the electoral system to give an arbitrary group of people inflated votes, who happen to live in less populated states.
1. A better case can not be made. Thinking so is delusional.
2. Something that is deliberately designed as the system, is not arbitrary. Claiming so is delusional.

The Senate is one thing, where 500,000 Wyomingans get the same say as 40,000,000 Californians, which is like 80 votes per Wyoming voter, but their getting a big 'bonus' vote for president is just wrong.
Simply wrong.

You apparently do not realize that the Presidential election is not an election by the people, but an election by the individual States as an individual entity in this Union of States.
Additionally you are wrongly combining all the votes to represent the number people when only one portion of the electoral votes represent the number of people from that State, while the other portion represents the State as an individual entity in a union of states and has nothing to do with the number of people in the State. Though there votes have the same weight, they do not represent the same thing.
The allocation of those votes being equal to the number of Senators and Congressional apportionment.
That is fair, a specific design feature of our system, and is not arbitrary.

Looks like the right has no answer to the topic, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom