• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I say, I say, I say ...... good bye Electoral College and good bye to the fascist GOP

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I say the Electoral College must go as it has attracted obscene amounts of campaign dollars and mountains of misinformation commercials. Electoral College DOES NOT allow every vote to count.

I say we the voting taxpayers should decide on medical insurance coverage not elected officials which accept money from the insurance industry for their campaigns. Not only is this corrupt it increases the cost of coverage.

I say the courts should have no say in elections results. Voters must always have the final word. Elected officials are using the courts to bypass the voters.

I say no lifetime appointments ever.

I say term limits should be set at two years for appointed and elected officials approved by the voters.

I say no more retirement benefits for appointed or elected positions. Retirement benefits cost we taxpayers too much money and are obviously not based on performance.

I say Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump and the GOP in general should resign ….. they are unable to determine right from wrong.

This week, the U.S. Supreme Court settled an important question about the function of the Electoral College that elects the U.S. president. But it did not address the question about the Electoral College.

The high court decided not only that states can require electors to follow the will of the popular vote within their states — but also that they can penalize or replace electors who fail to do so. The court's vote was unanimous.

I say the Electoral College must go as it has attracted obscene amounts of campaign dollars and mountains of misinformation commercials. Electoral College DOES NOT allow every vote to count.

I say we the voting taxpayers should decide on medical insurance coverage not elected officials which accept money from the insurance industry for their campaigns. Not only is this corrupt it increases the cost of coverage.

I say the courts should have no say in elections results. Voters must always have the final word. Elected officials are using the courts to bypass the voters.

I say term limits should be set at two years for appointed and elected officials approved by the voters.

I say no more retirement benefits for appointed or elected positions. Retirement benefits cost we taxpayers too much money and are obviously not based on performance.

I say Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump and the GOP in general should resign ….. they are unable to determine right from wrong.
🤮

The American liberal Democratic Party is gone. The richest people on earth who totally own and control the MSM, press and Internet turned it into the International Corporate-Fascist Party. Of course they - and therefore most Democrats now - HATE the US Constitution including most of all the Bill of Rights. People who won't say what they demand should be beaten to death, their businesses burned and they terrorized out of their houses. What they want is found Mein Kampf by Hitler. Their social and political agenda goals are identical.

All Moderate and Liberal Voters no matter what party…. must assume conservatives are planning to purge YOU from the voting rolls. Any way possible. This is voter suppression which is against the law. Never think it cannot happen to you.

Protect your right to VOTE VOTE VOTE!

Voters organize a voting day packet which could contain:

— 2 separate and recent Utility Bills (bills from within the past 6 months prior to Election Day, like 1 Phone Bill and 1 Power Bill) that will prove where your legal precinct is, and validate your Voter residency.

— Absolutely a birth certificate, drivers license or state ID card.

— Proof of voter registration a necessary item

— By all means a Passport if possible.

== Keep this packet close by to secure your voting opportunities I do have mine absolutely!

Let's get on with it. WE voters have a mess to clean up. Sorry to say the grand ole party that represented the Fiscal Conservative/Socially Responsible republicans is dead. Overthrown by a radical right-wing ALEC coup over the past 39 years led by big $$$$$ from a few which represents fascism, hate and outlaws.

ALEC owns a lot of organizations which makes them appear as many. Once again….voters begin organizing your voting day packet. Keep this voting packet close by always.

Make sure a birth certificate is readily available which can be replaced through the county seat one was born …..It may take about 3 weeks. DO NOT DELAY!

When large numbers of liberals and moderates go to the polls and vote… America will always be a better place!

The Electoral College is an arcane out-dated system that allows the will of the people to go subverted when picking the President of the United States, by giving 538 people the power to become “electors”. Of these “electors” a Presidential candidate must receive 270 votes in order to win the election. The problem with it is that a Presidential candidate only needs those 270 votes and can lose the national popular vote by hundreds of thousands of people and still be the winner. This means that the true will of the people goes unheard, which ultimately means that we are not a true Representative Democracy.

This system is also the reason that a Third Party candidate will never have a legitimate chance to win the seat of the Presidency. The reason this is true is because, even if a Third Party candidate is able to win enough states and no candidate gets to the 270 mark, they will never get the House of Representatives to vote them in because The House is a split between Democrats and Republican, with a couple of Independents. If it is forced to go to The House, Democrats will vote for the Democrat and Republicans will vote for the Republican. And that ultimately means that the Third party candidate will lose regardless of their Electoral Vote total, or the number of people that voted for them.

So if you’re a citizen that believes that One Vote Equals One Vote, or a member of one of the Third Parties, this should be an action that you champion, because it helps your cause better than trying to win the majority of the seats in the House or Senate, which could take decades!

To sum it up, a Presidential Election without an Electoral College would mean that the will of the people will be heard and would never go subverted again, plus we can start fielding viable Third Party candidates to fill the seat of the President as soon as 2020.

If you want to know more about The Electoral College and why its out-dated, click here.

We taxpayers should receive stimulus money @ $ 2000 twice a month until further notice to spend in the economy = economic growth. WE know how to keep small business employers in business and we know that we create economic growth with our spending which in effect creates new jobs and secures existing jobs.

We taxpayers should receive stimulus money @ $ 2000 twice a month to spend in the economy which would assist to insure job security and plenty of economic growth. Home improvement, tires, food, mortgage or rent, books, school supplies, winter coats, shoes, utility bills, medical bills etc etc. After all tax dollars do belong to the taxpayers.

Unemployed workers should also receive $600 per week. Perhaps until workers are called back to work or new employment is found that pays a part time living wage @ $33,000 annually or a full time living wage @ $64,500 annually.

Taxpayers are a credible investment for they will see that the tax dollars get back into the economy pronto aka the practical approach.

Reckless decisions by the GOP government has put tens of millions out of work plus thousands of employers out of business..

The employed did not ask the government to treat the potential coronavirus threat as if there was no reason for concern. As a result COVID 19 came upon us and is not going away. Meanwhile the GOP government is still advising no need to worry all will be swell.

No one knows when COVID 19 will go away. Therefore government assistance should remain in place until further notice. Subjecting the nations once employed work force or for that matter any of us to congressional irresponsible behavior every few weeks is not acceptable.

Taxpayers are a credible investment for they will see that the tax dollars get back into the economy pronto aka the practical approach.

Taxpayers are an investment thus provide strength to the economy = best bang for our tax bucks. I'm sure the lions share of unemployed taxpayers would rather be receiving a paycheck instead of unemployment insurance.

Elected and negligent GOP officials pay themselves more than $3,370 per week ( $174,000-$194,000 annually) plus a variety of expense accounts = Over rated and over paid!

Yes it would be a glorious day if all the above could be accomplished under a new administration.

We taxpayers should receive stimulus money @ $ 2000 twice a month until further notice to spend in the economy = economic growth.

150 million taxpayers x $2000 a month= 300bn a month, 3.6 trillion a year, basically every dollar paid in taxes. Wouldnt it be easier to just not tax anyone? Defund the govt! I like it.

Back
Top Bottom