• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I remember outrage about Hillary's secret email server

That is exactly what Comey said. If she was a regular person, no prosecution
Where did the Trump DOJ and State Department conclude that? Cite directly from their reports and post the link.

Asked and answered.

In his news conference, Comey said “three of those were classified at the time they were sent or received.” At the time, he said one was marked “secret” and two “confidential,” but at a congressional hearing two days later, he said all were marked “confidential,” the lowest form of classification.

Agian, taking the statement out of context by leaving out key information that goes before his official statement:

With respect to the thousands of e-mails we found that were not among those produced to State

Meaning, those three emails were not the only ones that were found classified. Those classified by the state were also found to be on Hillary’s email server besides those three emails.

Even as Secretary of State you cannot have State Department classified emails on a private server.

Agian, taking the statement out of context by leaving out key information that goes before his official statement:

Meaning, those three emails were not the only ones that were found classified. Those classified by the state were also found to be on Hillary’s email server besides those three emails.

Even as Secretary of State you cannot have State Department classified emails on a private server.
So why did the Trump DOJ and State Department find nothing of consequence? Please support your answer with citations directly from their reports.

So why did the Trump DOJ and State Department find nothing of consequence? Please support your answer with citations directly from their reports.

Not my problem. You are not accurate in your statement on the amount of classified emails on her server. You simply disregarded State Department classified emails even though they are still not suppose to be on a private email server.

The point is that Hillary's emails was a fake scandal to begin with. That's why Republicans immediately did the same thing they pretended to be outraged about. The scandal was fake, as three separate Republican-led investigations found.

So the question is, how many Republican-led investigations is it going to take to make you see that? And the answer is "infinity," because the scandal was always fake.
What was fake about it?
According to the FBI she broke the law and her server was most likely compromised. That was all real and our governments position wasn't that it was fake. Their position was they did not care. If they don't care why should we care now? That's the part that you are missing.

Not my problem.

It's exactly your problem, because investigations headed up by people hostile to Hillary Clinton ended with a whimper. You're going to need to explain that, or else admit that you've been wrong about Hillary this whole time.

You are not accurate in your statement on the amount of classified emails on her server. You simply disregarded State Department classified emails even though they are still not suppose to be on a private email server.

You discount the DOJ and SD investigations under Trump for literally no reason.

What was fake about it?
According to the FBI she broke the law and her server was most likely compromised. That was all real and our governments position wasn't that it was fake. Their position was they did not care. If they don't care why should we care now? That's the part that you are missing.

It's exactly your problem, because investigations headed up by people hostile to Hillary Clinton ended with a whimper. You're going to need to explain that, or else admit that you've been wrong about Hillary this whole time.

I'm spot on 100% about Hillary Clinton.

You discount the DOJ and SD investigations under Trump for literally no reason

I discounted nothing. The Hillary investigation has been over for years. Trumps investigation is still on going.

We all have heard this before. She broke the law but didn't mean to. Cling to that all you want but don't whine when others do it now. Equal application and all that.

I'm spot on 100% about Hillary Clinton.

I discounted nothing. The Hillary investigation has been over for years. Trumps investigation is still on going.
If you're discounting nothing, then cite from the SD and DOJ reports under Trump that support your position.

We all have heard this before. She broke the law but didn't mean to. Cling to that all you want but don't whine when others do it now. Equal application and all that.
Cite from the articles where it says that.

Answers have been given.
The Trump DOJ did not make politicized decisions.

Answers have been given.

Cool, so we can trust their conclusions then, and you were wrong about Hillary.

Yes-- they nominated a person who mishandled classified information.

As far as Trump, his support is declining.

No it isn't. Don't post lies. The Republicans, stupid as they are, still worship that piece of shit.

If Hillary Clinton did something wrong, why did she never pay a price for it? Why didn't your crush Trump do something about it, like he promised you? Why did the never-ending GOP investigations into her email result in anything?

You also do know that one of the reasons she lost that election to the world's most ignorant and vile human being was because of that situation, yes?

I recall a lack of outrage... in certain quarters.

I also recall a DOJ which shrugged it's shoulders...
Not finding a reason to charge is not shrugging shoulders.

Hillary Who?

download.jpg

The standard was established in these kinds of situations... mishandling classified information by a major political figure is not a DIJ issue.
Yes, it is. Trump stole documents on his way out of the white house. He belongs in prison for this.

And for Democrats, it's not even an electoral disqualifier.

Projection.

It's in the very first paragraph of the article you posted and repeated again throughout the article. 🤣

First paragraph from each article:

A Justice Department inquiry launched more than two years ago to mollify conservatives clamoring for more investigations of Hillary Clinton has effectively ended with no tangible results, and current and former law enforcement officials said they never expected the effort to produce much of anything.

and

A major investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she was secretary of state found no evidence of deliberate mishandling of classified information.

Trump thought the DOJ was his personal law firm and he used it for his and his friends' advantage and to his opponents detriment. Can't get much more political than that. The DOJ is supposed to be an independent agency, not to go after Trump's enemies or hunt down Trump's myriad phony conspiracy theories about a fraudulent election.

No it isn't. Don't post lies. The Republicans, stupid as they are, still worship that piece of shit.

If Hillary Clinton did something wrong, why did she never pay a price for it? Why didn't your crush Trump do something about it, like he promised you? Why did the never-ending GOP investigations into her email result in anything?

You also do know that one of the reasons she lost that election to the world's most ignorant and vile human being was because of that situation, yes?
It's the one measurable reason for her loss. Arguing over likability or the impact of Russian interference is basically arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but the Comey letter is the one thing that we can measure as having tanked her campaign.

It's the one measurable reason for her loss. Arguing over likability or the impact of Russian interference is basically arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but the Comey letter is the one thing that we can measure as having tanked her campaign.

I agree and assumed (before engaging some posters on here) that everyone knew that.

I didn't vote for Hillary, that being one of the reasons. I knew I was not going to vote for Trump in 2016, but I had concerns about that entire situation with Hillary (and in fact not long ago @americanwoman found a post I made in 2016 that said exactly that). I ended up voting for Johnson (now realizing I never should have done that, but....).

That entire spectacle hurt her with a lot of voters.

Oh - I agree she lost because of her mishandling of classified information.
And immigration.

As far as Trump:
And that was before all this Mar a lago stuff.

Oh - I agree she lost because of her mishandling of classified information.
And immigration.

As far as Trump:
And that was before all this Mar a lago stuff.

I missed all of your posts on here saying that the GOP needs to leave Trump in the dust now over his criminal mishandling of documents. Can I find them on here?

First paragraph from each article:

A Justice Department inquiry launched more than two years ago to mollify conservatives clamoring for more investigations of Hillary Clinton has effectively ended with no tangible results, and current and former law enforcement officials said they never expected the effort to produce much of anything.

and

A major investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she was secretary of state found no evidence of deliberate mishandling of classified information.
Read that bolded part carefully. According to the government it was just an oopsie. Not worth prosecuting.

Back
Top Bottom