• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'I regret toppling Saddam's statue'

It was a video so I couldn't see it, but I do remember that the toppling of the statue was a staged event, not a spontaneous uprising by the populace. The same PR people appeared in many staged events at the beginning of the Invasion to make people think that the general population was against Saddam. Not necessarily true, as events have retrospectively verified.

It was a video so I couldn't see it, but I do remember that the toppling of the statue was a staged event, not a spontaneous uprising by the populace. The same PR people appeared in many staged events at the beginning of the Invasion to make people think that the general population was against Saddam. Not necessarily true, as events have retrospectively verified.

Some of our greatest pictures in wars' history are staged. Including raising the flag in WW2.

Here is another, longer video about the same person.

"If I was a criminal I would kill them with my bare hands". You wouldn't kill anyone! 15 members of your family were killed by Saddam and you were jailed for a year and a half, then Saddam was taken out by the U.S. and you were handed a democracy on a silver platter and did nothing with it.

Last edited:
We upset their stability. Life under Saddam sucked, but it was a stable suck.

Yeah, get 15 members of your family murdered and thrown in jail suck. I really think most Iraqi's are terrified of freedom...like Brooks from Shawshank Redemption.

Last edited:
"If I was a criminal I would kill them with my bare hands". You wouldn't kill anyone! 15 members of your family were killed by Saddam and you were jailed for a year and a half, then Saddam was taken out by the U.S. and you were handed a democracy on a silver platter and did nothing with it.

I can see you actually believe that but what he was handed was a cluster****.

I can see you actually believe that but what he was handed was a cluster****.

So they weren't given a democracy? They weren't given a chance to start over? And what do you think makes his life worse now than being in prison and having 15 family members murdered?

Yeah, get 15 members of your family murdered and thrown in jail suck. I really think most Iraqi's are terrified of freedom...like Brooks from Shawshank Redemption.
Not all people had large numbers of family members imprison and/or murdered by the state. Far from it. And under Saddam there wasn't constant fighting and shelling as has been happening in their lives for several years now.

The American toppling of the statue was staged... the Iraqies who were trying to do it before the Americans arrived.. was not staged.

Iraq wouldn't have become the hellhole that it is now had America installed the right leadership.

Iraq wouldn't have become the hellhole that it is now had America installed the right leadership.

The Kurds seem to have the right leadership. It's the Arab's who are all ****ed up, with the usual Shiite versus Sunni bickering that's been going on since the 7th Century. What we should have done was just cut the country up along ethic lines into a loose federation. I think that's where it will end up eventually anyway. Maybe not in my lifetime, but someday.

I don't imagine the Kurds are crying in their Sawaar over the fact that Saddam is gone.

:allhail George Bush & Tony Blair! :allhail

Back
Top Bottom