• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I need some good ideas....

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I have some kids who live next to me. There's a little boy who is about 4 - 5 years old. He loves to get on my deck and peek into my sliding glass door window. Yesterday I just happened to be sitting right there by the door and I stared at him until he saw me. He gasped and ran away. LOL! But....he came back maybe 5 minutes later. So I assume that he's going to keep doing it. I'm not annoyed to the point where I go talk to his mom yet. So I'm wondering..... the next time he does it, what should I do? Hmmmm....

Ask him what he wants. Right now something is a mystery to him so find out what it is. Maybe he knows you're a teacher and is curious about what teachers do when they're not teaching.

Most important...if he opens up to you make sure to explain that peeking in windows is wrong. It's better to knock on the door and ask your question.

Wipe some dog **** on his face next time he sneaks over. I guarantee that he won't come back and his parents will never believe that an adult would do something like that. win/win.

Ask him what he wants. Right now something is a mystery to him so find out what it is. Maybe he knows you're a teacher and is curious about what teachers do when they're not teaching.

Most important...if he opens up to you make sure to explain that peeking in windows is wrong. It's better to knock on the door and ask your question.

That was pretty much my thoughts. Ask if you can help him. That way, he will know that you are aware, and that he doesn't need to feel like sneaking. Establish some type of relationship with him.

I see signs like this at some stores and I always love it "unattended kids will be given coffee and puppies"

can't a kindegarten teacher explain to a pre-schooler that peeking in someone's window is inappropriate behavior, and that the next time it happens his parents will need to be told

either that or walk around naked; a sight certain to drive away a four year old boy

I was looking for more ideas on the silly side. :)

can't a kindegarten teacher explain to a pre-schooler that peeking in someone's window is inappropriate behavior, and that the next time it happens his parents will need to be told

I'm sure she can. I'm a first grade teacher, though. :) And that's not what I want to do right now (as I said in my OP). :)

either that or walk around naked; a sight certain to drive away a four year old boy

I was thinking the other day what would've happened if I had been doing that and he peeked in. Haha.

Fake spider on fishing line hanging over door. Something you can lower down onto - or very near his head when he's peeking in your door.

Have video camera going. Send entry to Funniest Home Videos.

I just moved from a house where the neighbor kids were 3 and 5, and I became great friends with them. We would sing childrens songs along with Youtube, play sports and other games, go to the park. When they would come to see me, I would know because I could see them even though they didn't know I could, and I would scare the crap out of them when they looked in the window, and they absolutely loved it.

If they bother you, then I would simply ask nicely what they want, and if you can't solve it, let the parents know. But if you think it would be fun to hang out with them and it's okay with the parents as well, then scare them next time they look in the window, I guarantee that if they're anything like my little friends, they'll love it! Fair warning though, they may keep coming back. :)

I have some kids who live next to me. There's a little boy who is about 4 - 5 years old. He loves to get on my deck and peek into my sliding glass door window. Yesterday I just happened to be sitting right there by the door and I stared at him until he saw me. He gasped and ran away. LOL! But....he came back maybe 5 minutes later. So I assume that he's going to keep doing it. I'm not annoyed to the point where I go talk to his mom yet. So I'm wondering..... the next time he does it, what should I do? Hmmmm....

"Silly"? Any chance you can elaborate on that? Are you trying to amuse the kid, teach him a lesson, confuse the heck out of him....what?

Best answer!

I just moved from a house where the neighbor kids were 3 and 5, and I became great friends with them. We would sing childrens songs along with Youtube, play sports and other games, go to the park. When they would come to see me, I would know because I could see them even though they didn't know I could, and I would scare the crap out of them when they looked in the window, and they absolutely loved it.

If they bother you, then I would simply ask nicely what they want, and if you can't solve it, let the parents know. But if you think it would be fun to hang out with them and it's okay with the parents as well, then scare them next time they look in the window, I guarantee that if they're anything like my little friends, they'll love it! Fair warning though, they may keep coming back. :)

You are such a nice person! :) A lot of people would just yell at the children.

I never really thought much about kids in general until the 5 year old came over as I was sitting on the front porch on my laptop and sang me the abc song. I can't tell you how many adorable moments there were with those kids since then. It was always such a joy when they came to visit. :)

You are such a nice person! :) A lot of people would just yell at the children.

I was sitting on the front porch on my laptop

uhhh ... hmmm ... doncha' have a chair ?

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
I was looking for more ideas on the silly side.

Answer the door using your best "Lurch" voice .....

I never really thought much about kids in general until the 5 year old came over as I was sitting on the front porch on my laptop and sang me the abc song. I can't tell you how many adorable moments there were with those kids since then. It was always such a joy when they came to visit. :)

No kids of your own JC?

Makes me curious if he is looking to see if you have any kids he can play with. I recommend something like this with candy in the middle:

wolftrap.jpg

"Silly"? Any chance you can elaborate on that? Are you trying to amuse the kid, teach him a lesson, confuse the heck out of him....what?

I thought I'd just make him laugh about something.

Turn the hose on him, hippie style.

I've been thinking about it and I was just going to say squirt gun, when Ikari said hose which probably trumps squirt gun. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom