• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I need help

soccerboy22

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Dear fellow DP members,

I sadly am in my final year here at BU. As part of my track as a Political Science major I have decided to write a senior thesis. Stupid move I now realize, but oh well. My paper topic is going to deal with looking at how the media portrayed both Senators McCain and Obama in the 2008 presidential election, but also how the media portrayed President Bush's policies on immigration and the Bush tax cuts. Then what I am going to do is see how those reports affected how people voted. In doing so, I am going to make a survey of full quotations from various news reports and ask people if the reports would influence either who they would support for president or if it would influence their opinion on policy.

What I ask/beg from some of you is to participate in my survey. It won't take long and you would be doing be a great favor. For you see so far I am going to survey two political science classes here at BU and two English classes at Harvard and two History classes at Northeastern. Yet, when I was with talking with my advisor about it I noticed I am only getting a college point of view from Boston. Therefore I would like to get survey results from outside not only Boston, but also outside of colleges and that is where my fellow members here at DP come in!

The survey won't be ready for a couple of weeks, but any help anyone can offer will be much appreciated. You would be helping me take my paper up a level from just an analysis of college students in Boston and the surrounding areas to a much broader, and hopefully more accurate paper.

Again thank you.

Dear fellow DP members,

I sadly am in my final year here at BU. As part of my track as a Political Science major I have decided to write a senior thesis. Stupid move I now realize, but oh well. My paper topic is going to deal with looking at how the media portrayed both Senators McCain and Obama in the 2008 presidential election, but also how the media portrayed President Bush's policies on immigration and the Bush tax cuts. Then what I am going to do is see how those reports affected how people voted. In doing so, I am going to make a survey of full quotations from various news reports and ask people if the reports would influence either who they would support for president or if it would influence their opinion on policy.

What I ask/beg from some of you is to participate in my survey. It won't take long and you would be doing be a great favor. For you see so far I am going to survey two political science classes here at BU and two English classes at Harvard and two History classes at Northeastern. Yet, when I was with talking with my advisor about it I noticed I am only getting a college point of view from Boston. Therefore I would like to get survey results from outside not only Boston, but also outside of colleges and that is where my fellow members here at DP come in!

The survey won't be ready for a couple of weeks, but any help anyone can offer will be much appreciated. You would be helping me take my paper up a level from just an analysis of college students in Boston and the surrounding areas to a much broader, and hopefully more accurate paper.

Again thank you.

How exciting!! Bring it on!!

I would be willing to do this.

Sure, go ahead and PM it to me.

Out of curiosity, what do you plan to do with your degree? Once my work and financial situation gets settled, I'd like to go back to school for polisci, but I'm not sure what you can actually do with it. I'd like to end up somewhere like COFA or the UN, but I'm not sure.

Oh heck yeah. Glad to do the survey. Anything I can do to help. Need a proofreader, no charge?

Regards from Rosie

Happy to help. Most of the time, we get idiot spammers asking us to do surveys. When a veteran members asks, I see no reason why the forum shouldn't lend a hand.

I will even be serious.

Happy to help, SB. Hubby is a BU man.

I'll take the survey, but I warn you - I may be an outlier.

Count me in SB.

Back
Top Bottom