• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I need a PDF reader on my phone

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
But I have the urge to avoid signing into Google.

What to do?

Not gonna happen.
Then too bad. If you insist on the Android environment you are stuck with Google.

Google knows everything you do on an Android phone.

Then too bad. If you insist on the Android environment you are stuck with Google.

There's no online viewer nor 'open source'(?) viewer nor other alternatives?

There's no online viewer nor open source viewer nor other alternatives?
It doesn't matter. If it's operating on an Android phone...Google knows.

Here's a couple of good article with some tips...

And this one...

Google offers lots of great software and services for free. But if Google isn't charging for these services, how can they be the world's most valuable brand? The answer is simple: If the product is free, you're the product. Google has found that advertisers are willing to pay more money than consumers.

If Google can get their software into as many hands as possible, they can collect enough data to offer highly targeted ads. Companies are willing to pay big bucks to someone who can ensure that their ads reach the target audience, and Google does just that. However, Google accomplishes this by collecting huge amounts of usage data and other info from folks who use their free software — Android included.

And Apple knows everything you do on an iPhone. And they also tell you what you can and can not do on it by limiting choice and charging you an arm and leg for it.

But I have the urge to avoid signing into Google.

What to do?
Plenty of PDF readers on Android. If you don't want to get them from the Play store, then APKpure.com is an alternative store.

But most phones should have a built in PDF reader already installed.

Thanks. I used an online viewer. This $10 phone didn't come loaded with a PDF app.

Back
Top Bottom