• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I must have one.

woodsman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I’m always looking for how to extend my fishing range. Last season, I upgraded to a Honda side by side and it’s been great. I don’t mind hiking the last bit to remote ponds and streams but I’m not getting any younger. My play ground is about 30,000 acres and I typical make a day of it with my trips, meaning pack in some food and go from dawn till dusk.

This rig could be a game changer for me with fishing multiple spots in the same area with cutting back on the hiking time. It will go were the Honda cannot on narrow trails.

I’m always looking for how to extend my fishing range. Last season, I upgraded to a Honda side by side and it’s been great. I don’t mind hiking the last bit to remote ponds and streams but I’m not getting any younger. My play ground is about 30,000 acres and I typical make a day of it with my trips, meaning pack in some food and go from dawn till dusk.

This rig could be a game changer for me with fishing multiple spots in the same area with cutting back on the hiking time. It will go were the Honda cannot on narrow trails.

Huh. This could have possibilities. The thing I really like about it is I bet it's quiet. I've had a number of nice quiet days hiking in the woods/fishing at mountain lakes ruined by noisy 4 wheelers/motorbikes.

Huh. This could have possibilities. The thing I really like about it is I bet it's quiet. I've had a number of nice quiet days hiking in the woods/fishing at mountain lakes ruined by noisy 4 wheelers/motorbikes.

Stash the trailer at camp, harvest your elk, hustle back to camp on that thing, hook up the trailer...all kinds of potential!

My only concern would be with the relatively high center-of-gravity in relation to the narrow track (when manned standing-up).

Sad cripple ****ing walk.

I live in the quad-state area near the borders of De, Pa, Md, NJ. I've spent almost my whole adult life living in De, but much of my teen years in semi-rural southeastern Pa. In the mid 90's, a friend and I decided to get a map of southern New Castle county De, and find remote ponds and lakes that are off the beaten path, and didn't have parking lots, boat ramps or even close road access!

We found a few, and we had to carry a fairly heavy 14 foot flat bottom aluminum bass boat on our heads and walk through overgrown brush and woodland to reach one of them. The other was closer to a road, but couldn't be seen from the road and wasn't on state land(i don't think). But the 2nd one was really unusual. It was roughly 1/4 to 1/3 mile wide by 1/8 mile across. There were almost no open spots on the banks to fish from, as it was overgrown and swampy. But we took the aforementioned 14' boat and a trolling motor.

But what we discovered on(or in) the lake was strange! First, the water was VERY clear, unusually so. Next, we quickly discovered the motor was useless, because of the strange aquatic vegetation that grew anchored from the pond bottom, all the way to the surface, and was found throughout the pond. The pond was as deep as 12-15 feet, averaging probably 10-12'. The plants were apparently filtering the water, so that we could clearly see the bottom. It caused the propeller to quickly clog and get all wrapped up in whatever strange fresh water plant it was.

The upside to the dilemna, was that even though we had to manually row through drag-inducing seaweed, we kept finding long, open channels underwater, where we would see bass hanging out on the edges and outskirts of the seaweed. The channels were usually 4-6 feet wide. So we could cast down the channels and reel in our lures through the channels. We started catching bass quickly. I caught what was my largest bass up to that point, which was a 4lb fish. We were used to small, private ponds with 1-2lb bass.

The problem was that it was a little windy, and there seemed to be a strange current, because we were constantly drifting lengthwise, and had to keep adjusting with oars. It did help us come across new channels though. That was the first pond or lake where largemouth bass werent only confined to underwater cover on the edges. They were throughout the pond, even in the middle, due to the cover provided by the strange, floor to surface seaweed!

Back
Top Bottom