• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I miss going to a pancake house

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have a host of responses but I will refrain from doing so in this forum.
you should go ahead. being so soft that you can't wear a mask into and out of a building (while soldiers die in foreign conflicts and people struggle to eat in third world hell holes) is laughable.

Schism

Excellent Point
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Newspaper?

Yeah, It's from the old days. about the size of a food tray, but then it unfolds and opens up to the size of two pillow cases sewn together. It's covered in words and advertisements. coupons and funnies. marriage and birth announcements.

One of my favorite recurring articles is A Hundred Years Ago Today....

Schism

Excellent Point
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Man..... there is this place called Moss's in the town over. Would love sit down to couple eggs over hard, country ham, biscuits with grits and red eyed gravy. What I call a real clogger lol..

"country ham"

I grew up on country ham. I used to eat Smithfield, but they've changed. You should check out Edwards. We got a small 5-lb ham, fully cooked, for Christmas and it was the best I've had in years. Slice it thin and eat right away or just a little thicker and fry it. https://www.edwardsvaham.com/category/country-hams

BitterPill

Ignorance Is Virtue
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I love going to a mom and pop pancake house, buying a newspaper, getting a cup of coffee.

Two eggs over-well, 4 strips crispy bacon, grits or hash browns, and 3 fluffy hotcakes with butter and real maple syrup.

on a Tuesday. okay, so sometimes I go sausage-gravy and biscuits.
Eugene!

I love that town though, to be honest, I lived in Springfield in accordance with my overwhelming MAGA nature.

I miss those days as well, eating breakfast out, but they appear to be returning soon. Here's to hoping, but not in the Obama manner.

A song in celebration:

Just be sure to substitute Spencer Butte for Solsbury Hill.

Last edited:

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I love going to a mom and pop pancake house, buying a newspaper, getting a cup of coffee.

Two eggs over-well, 4 strips crispy bacon, grits or hash browns, and 3 fluffy hotcakes with butter and real maple syrup.

If you're in Oregon, you need to be going to the Original Pancake House.

Can sit at the community table or wait the ungodly wait for a private table.

Place has a line out the door from 45 min before open until 45 min after close.

vesper

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have really missed going out to eat this past year. There is something really nice about starting your day with someone waiting on you. I have a lot of favorites for breakfast especially when someone else is fixing it. Steak and eggs, blueberry pancakes, pecan waffles, corned beef hash with dippy eggs on top. Thick sliced French toast that has the consistency of custard inside. Fried mush and grits are always a plus but real maple syrup and butter is a must.

Got my last shot this week so in a few days I plan to make up for lost time.

OlNate

Shameless Canuck
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Feeling this one... My little town has a breakfast joint that is literally one big communal table, with a few two person tables around the periphery - very small little place, but a community hub in this tiny village. Everyone tries for the middle table, talks to each other, stays too long for breakfast, and has a great time. I've missed that a lot....the best stories around that table, and great coffee. I'm looking forward to going back, but I doubt it will be the same.

joko104

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Totalitarians issued dictatorial edicts that such businesses as restaurants be ordered out of business. This 24/7 bio-terrorism campaign on the propaganda outlets of the super rich (all of the MSM, press and Big Tech internet) has successfully already permanently destroyed over 500,000 American competitor small businesses and a couple million worldwide.

Wanting to go give money to a pancake house is treason against the new corporate-fascist world order.

No one is suppose to deplete any money at restaurants. All their money is to go to Amazon and only stores of international mega billion dollar China-manufacturing based International companies. It is now unAmerican to spend any money unless some to most of it goes to Chinese and their business partners or it goes to the government.

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Totalitarians issued dictatorial edicts that such businesses as restaurants be ordered out of business. This 24/7 bio-terrorism campaign on the propaganda outlets of the super rich (all of the MSM, press and Big Tech internet) has successfully already permanently destroyed over 500,000 American competitor small businesses and a couple million worldwide.

Wanting to go give money to a pancake house is treason against the new corporate-fascist world order.

No one is suppose to deplete any money at restaurants. All their money is to go to Amazon and only stores of international mega billion dollar China-manufacturing based International companies. It is now unAmerican to spend any money unless some to most of it goes to Chinese and their business partners or it goes to the government.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA holy tinfoil hat insanity post batman
u0Yo1ky.jpg

Schism

Excellent Point
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I mostly miss the normalcy of sitting alone, reading the paper, drinking coffee, and having a leisurely breakfast in the middle of the week. I miss the sound of plates clattering, unintelligible chit-chat in the background, the cash register, a crate of glasses rattling as they're set behind the counter, the sun shine pouring through the window....

No hurry. no worry. nowhere to be....

Top Bottom