• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I may get in trouble for saying this....

I seem to remember something about that being faked.
But I could be wrong ;)

The Ukrainian government has been shrieking “fake” at the top of its lungs, for obvious reasons.......but that doesn’t make it faked.

What a shock to find out what you're really made of after all this time.

Once again, war crimes don’t get a pass just because one agrees with those carrying them out. That’s another thing they drummed into us at Fort Sill.

Furthermore, it’s not exactly a stretch to point out that the Ukrainian government has every reason in the world to claim that its “faked”, regardless of what actually happened.

Once again, war crimes don’t get a pass just because one agrees with those carrying them out. That’s another thing they drummed into us at Fort Sill.

Furthermore, it’s not exactly a stretch to point out that the Ukrainian government has every reason in the world to claim that its “faked”, regardless of what actually happened.

I think I've stopped believing you ever really got into the military in any way whatsoever.
It's begun to dawn on me that everything you've talked about is phony.
Fort Sill? Maybe the Fort Sill in your head?

Go away. Go to Russia, enjoy your Putin. 🤣

I think I've stopped believing you ever really got into the military in any way whatsoever.
It's begun to dawn on me that everything you've talked about is phony.
Fort Sill? Maybe the Fort Sill in your head?

Go away. Go to Russia, enjoy your Putin. 🤣

Cool story bud. Unfortunately for you, your hurt feelings don’t actually change the facts.

(Seriously, if I was going to lie about going into the military, wouldn’t I have, you know.....lied about going into the military instead of freely admitting that they sent me home early due to a medical issue coming back/getting worse? At least TRY to use your brain 🙄)

Once again, howling “but the invaders” is not an excuse to commit war crimes....and funnily enough, I’m not obligated to defend atrocities for any reason. Period. End of ****ing story.

This thread reminded me of a book I read several years ago but still stays with me:

Kuznetsov describes his own experiences, supplementing them with documents and testimonies of survivors. The tragedy of Babi Yar is shown in the context of German occupation of Kyiv from its first days of September 1941 until November 1943. "It is also about the curious fact that a 14-year-old boy can show up anywhere and adults -- German soldiers -- don't especially care. By accident, then, he saw what others were not allowed to see. And by accident, he survived the occupation and lived to write about it."[3] The chapter "How Many Times I Should Have Been Shot" lists 20 reasons the fascists should have shot him according to orders issued by the Nazi occupiers.

One of the things I remember most about it is the horror the people of that region went through - from Soviet oppression so fierce they initially welcomed the Germans as liberators, to the end of the war when Soviet soldiers returned and were shocked not only by the magnitude of Nazi atrocities but by the welcome they received from the locals who could be so brutalized that they would actually celebrate the return of their original oppressors. I still have the book and may pick it up again but it is harrowing to say the least.

I seem to remember something about that being faked.
But I could be wrong ;)
CBS:

I think the jury is still out on the video's authenticity.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

CBS:

I think the jury is still out on the video's authenticity.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
Might be we will never find out, but I would like to note the apparent absence of blood and gore.
Usually when one shoots a person at such close range with a firearm of that power, the results are rather graphic, and by that I mean, if you plan
to put it on the news, like I used to wind up doing from time to time back in the Eighties, you may get an ass chewing from the news director for
submitting material that required post tweaks like blurring or black-boxing the shot so it can be broadcast.

I think over the years I videotaped something like sixty or seventy news clips of shootings and I was taught quickly to NOT zoom too far in
if the scene was too grisly, because it was just going to get a black box over it, or in modern tech, blurred out or pixelated.
Thus while I am not any kind of munitions expert, I can safely call myself a munitions witness, having observed the results at close range.

Back
Top Bottom