• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I may become a motorhome dude

Well if your 5' tall, like cramped spaces, hate proper showers, etc. it's awesome.

The are either loaded and had to upgrade to a blue bird or they came to realize for most people having an RV is about the same as having a treadmill--something they used once or twice, intend to use again one day, but until then use it to store stuff on/in.

If you're the sort that enjoys living in efficient spaces it a good way to go. I lived in an old international harvester bread truck I tricked out while going to nursing school, it was ideal. However, I strongly suggest diesel and doing the conversion to flex (reg diesel/bio-diesel/SVO/WVO). Your pocketbook will thank you.

If you're the sort that enjoys living in efficient spaces it a good way to go. I lived in an old international harvester bread truck I tricked out while going to nursing school, it was ideal. However, I strongly suggest diesel and doing the conversion to flex (reg diesel/bio-diesel/SVO/WVO). Your pocketbook will thank you.

At one time I would have agreed with you but diesel has gone through the roof.

I've been in these things with the pop outs and they are roomier than the average apt in NYC.

At least an apartment has proper plumbing though apartments are still crappy for head room. Ceiling height standards seem to be created by short people.

The freakin thing still has the factory plastic on the carpet and 26k on the odometer.

It likely gets about 7 mpg too. Look into 5th wheel rigs (used) and then a decent tow vehicle (also used). The advantage of having "home" stay parked when you wish to venture into town (and park normally) for whatever and the difference in fuel economy makes a big difference. ;)

The freakin thing still has the factory plastic on the carpet and 26k on the odometer.

And I'm thinking they forgot a zero on the sale price.

SIL just bought one used, 18k miles, a 2010 I think it is, paid $125k for it. And that was a deal.

At least an apartment has proper plumbing though apartments are still crappy for head room. Ceiling height standards seem to be created by short people.

These things are not only plumbed but you can pull them out in the middle of nowhere and stay a week with the fresh water supply. Shower, s*** and everything.

These things are not only plumbed but you can pull them out in the middle of nowhere and stay a week with the fresh water supply. Shower, s*** and everything.

Not the type of shower I want which takes up about the size of the dining area. It's also about the head room for me.

Well in this thing you are ostensibly "camping", certain concessions are mandatory.

We had a doctor friend and his wife who traveled the country in one filling in for doctors on extended vacations or who had retired before a suitable replacement could be found...

It likely gets about 7 mpg too. Look into 5th wheel rigs (used) and then a decent tow vehicle (also used). The advantage of having "home" stay parked when you wish to venture into town (and park normally) for whatever and the difference in fuel economy makes a big difference. ;)

From research I have done closer to 10 MPG. I have looked at 5th wheels but my PU is to old to take off x country so I would have to buy a PU AND a trailer. That makes this motor home look like a bargain.

Slightly better than a unabomber cabin.

From research I have done closer to 10 MPG. I have looked at 5th wheels but my PU is to old to take off x country so I would have to buy a PU AND a trailer. That makes this motor home look like a bargain.

You would need at least something in the F350 class for a fifth wheel...

You would need at least something in the F350 class for a fifth wheel...

If you keep the trailer under 30 ft an F250 will work. I have been researching this a lot because I may go snowbird someday. I can't understand why these damn motor homes are so cheap but they are. A good used PU plus a good used 5th will cost you at least 50k.

If you keep the trailer under 30 ft an F250 will work. I have been researching this a lot because I may go snowbird someday. I can't understand why these damn motor homes are so cheap but they are. A good used PU plus a good used 5th will cost you at least 50k.

I think you'll wear out an F250 rather quickly...

It's also about the head room for me.

According to Fleetwood it has an interior height of 82", 80 in the shower. Is everyone under 6 ft 8 inches short to you?

I'm 5'11 and have never had a height problem with these things.

Back
Top Bottom